warmth

Burning Snowflakes

 

You eyes slowly flickered open to the sight of a burning fire. Your body flinched inside all the blankets. Your head ached.

You looked around nervously, oblivious to what happened or where you were. You noticed whatever you were resting on had a heartbeat. You looked up in a sleepy and aching haze up at the boy you had run away from. His face seemed the opposite of how it had been… hours ago? Or was it days? You didn’t know. There was no anger there then in his sleeping eyes, no aggression on that smooth skin, no irritation on his soft features, but you were still terrified.

‘You’re hurting me!’

‘You hurt me!’

Echoes of the past events rang in your ears, your head pounded and you winced in the pain. You tried to pull yourself off the ground, but were unable to do so without the sleeping Taemin waking up. His eyes snapped open, relief ran through his body and he reached out, pulling you back to him.

‘Thank God…’ he sighed.

‘Get off me!’ you stuttered from your dry and trembling lips.

‘I… I can’t.’ Taemin muttered, running a hand through your hair, being careful of your injury. ‘You might try and run away again.’

‘Can you blame me?’ you struggled yourself free from the boy, standing up and trying to walk.

‘I’m sorry! Please, just stay here.’ He protested standing up to follow you.

The room started spinning. You took hold of the large oak cabinet that resided by the door and shut your eyes, trying to balance yourself. ‘Please. Let me look after you.’ The soft voice appeared over your shoulder, wrapping their arms around your waist, his breath warm against your neck. ‘If you still want to leave when you’re better… then okay; but I’m not letting you leave this room until then.’

You felt helpless in his grasp now. You could barely put any words together in your head to say something to him, you had no strength to try and fight him off, you were just so tired… so drained… and hearing that luxurious voice, no matter how terrified you were of him, what he might do, you didn’t have the will power to do anything about it, so you let Taemin lead you to his bed and pull the covers from the ground up and around you.

You looked up from the pillow, your eyes meeting with Taemin’s weary gaze. He lifted his hand and traced your cheek with his fingers and you flinched under his touch.

‘Don’t touch me.’ You managed to stutter. ‘Please.’ Taemin’s eyes darkened, he bit down on his lip slightly, but did as you said. ‘When I’m better, I’m gone. No matter how beautiful you might be, I won’t stay here.’ Your voice was cracked and sleepy. He wondered if you knew what you were saying or if it was just your headache.

 

Taemin smiled at what she said. He was beautiful. He was also sure he would make it so she wouldn’t want to leave him. So long as the truth stayed a secret for now, he could make her stay. The challenge excited him, and without saying another word, he stood up and left the room, leaving her there, to sleep.

 

__________________________________

--A/N-- this is as far as i wrote to when i wrote this a few months ago; i have a few ideas on what i want to happen next but i have writers block atm, please leave me feedback or even a suggestion on what you want to come next. thankyou~