aggrovated

Burning Snowflakes

 

It was a strange situation. This boy seemed to know your name but he hadn’t said it yet. He knew your size in clothes and had a room ready. He allowed you to go everywhere but that room you were forbidden from; the one with the piano. He was telling you nothing and you felt so bitter but you didn’t know what you could do. You were too scared of him to disobey him and follow him demanding answers, you also thought he was so beautiful and handsome… you didn’t want to upset him. You didn’t know if you should bother trying to escape because you weren’t sure you even wanted to leave.

You stared at the grandfather clock in the corner of the hall and watched an hour pass. Was this what life was going to be like here? Finally you stood up and headed towards the room of mirrors. It was the only place you felt sort of familiar with. You walked over to the speakers and pressed play on the music player. Like a child, you turned the music up as loud as it would go and sat in the corner of the room. The silence had been deafening, you would rather it be this way. Taemin was in no way a predictable individual, but you were predicting he would emerge from wherever it was he went and would come and see you. You didn’t care if it was to be scalded or if he even threatened to kill you. He was keeping you in this place and you were bored out of your brain already.

Sure enough, the boy marched into the room within minutes, the expression of thunder all over that perfect face of his. He glared over at you.

‘What the hell do you think you’re doing?’ he yelled but it was barely even possible to hear him. You smiled back. You were nervous and slightly scared but didn’t want to let it show.

‘What? Sorry, I can’t hear you.’ You shouted back. Taemin’s face screwed up and he headed for the music player, switching it off. Your ears were ringing as the boy approached you briskly.

‘What were you doing? Did you want to go deaf?’ he growled.

‘I was bored.’ You replied childishly. ‘Seriously, if all you’re going to do is just leave me on my own without any kind of explanation to why I’m here, I will go. I don’t care if it kills me.’

‘You don’t mean that.’ Taemin replied bluntly.

‘I do.’ You answered in the same blunt manner staring back at him. You tried to ignore his perfect face so that you could remain in control with him, but it was really hard.

‘Go then.’ He said pointing towards the door.

‘Really? God, that was easy.’ You said marching past him and down the hall.

Taemin stayed in the room of mirrors, a glint in his eye and frustration all over his face, but he found himself running down the black and white floor after you. He overtook you and stood himself in front of the door, putting on the lock.

‘Wait.’ He said. ‘Please, don’t go.’ You stared up at him, his eyes changing from that scary stare into pleading wide eyes.

‘Open the door.’ You demanded.

‘No!’ he shouted back. ‘Please, I’m sorry.’ He started blinking what was it… tears? ‘I haven’t seen anyone in what feels like years. I just don’t know how I’m supposed to act right now.’

‘An explanation would be nice.’

‘I can’t give you that.’

‘Then I want to leave.’

‘You’ll get hurt.’

‘I already am.’ You lifted up your sore arm.

Taemin let out a sigh. ‘I can’t let you leave. But I can’t explain to you yet either. Please, I just need you to trust me and stay here.’

His eyes were beautiful. This boy had a charm. He was irresistible. But you couldn’t give in.

‘You think that with a look like that I’ll just stay here? I have no idea who you are or what you’re going to do to me.’

‘You do know me. You do. I just can’t explain yet and I’m not going to do anything to you, I promise.’

You tried to move Taemin aside but he wouldn’t budge, he was strong despite his waif like figure.

‘I’m going.’ You said. To your surprise Taemin moved aside, unlocked the door and opened it. The sight that greeted you was pitch black and ice cold.

‘You really want to go now? You can’t see a thing.’ Taemin said. Your eyes widened at the thought of where the time had gone. ‘You must be tired, you should get some sleep.’

You let out a deep sigh, breathing a cloud of smoke against the cold air. You turned your back on the door and heard him shut it, locking it too. You were too frustrated to answer Taemin, instead you just went up the stairs and tried to remember the door to the room you were given.

You checked behind you to see if Taemin was there before shutting the door, but he was nowhere to be seen. You slammed the door shut and put the lock across and went over to your bed. You started to cry in frustration and the cold air made your ribs ache.

 

Taemin soon came upstairs and pressed his head to her door and could hear her weeping. His face was expressionless, but he felt guilty inside. He turned away from her door and went to his own room.