pain

Burning Snowflakes

 

You stared back at him, your vision blurred by the tears that welled in your eyes, but through the hazy vision; he was perfectly terrifying. Blinking frantically, you tried to get a perfect sight of him.

His face was angelic, soft and innocent, big brown eyes that stared down at you, soft, full pink lips that tempted and you scared you all at once. His hair was soft and honey coloured, tousled softly over his forehead and complimenting his milky white skin, his sun-light starved skin.

You swallowed hard. ‘Who…who are you?’

Without even flinching or adding any kind of emotion, the boy replied

‘Don’t you know that already?’

 Every time he spoke it sent a shiver through you. The boy moved his eyes to look at you arm.

‘You’re not going to try and escape again are you?’ he asked.

You blankly shook your head, knowing full well how much worse it would end up if you attempted to jump out the window again. ‘Good.’ He said before turning towards the door.

‘W…Where are you going?’ you stuttered, tears muting your voice as you tried to pull yourself up but your legs were like jelly and you just fell back down again, unable to get up from that spot. You could see him walking away but he didn’t seem to say anything. ‘Hey… Hey!’ you screamed. The boy simply glanced over his shoulder before walking out the door and shutting it tightly.

 

No matter how hard you tried to get up, you couldn’t seem to move. It was like some force was holding you down on the ground and wasn’t letting you up. Your arm throbbed and you held onto it trying to get some movement, tears streaming down your face. The room was cold and stale as the furniture all covered in white gave you nothing to look at, and scared you all the same to know what was under those sheets in this house. You stared up at the window that let in dim white light but you couldn’t get up to try and escape even if you wanted to. 

You soon became exhausted from trying to get up, tired of crying. You just lay back on the wooden floor and shut your eyes, tears continuing to roll down your cheeks. This place was doing something to you, that boy had done something.

He was so perfect, maybe it sent you into shock? That was just stupid. As time passed, you slipped in and out of sleep, until you heard the door open.

 

 

Footsteps from black leather ankle boots came towards you and the boy crouched himself beside you as you tried to edge yourself away, he just leaned in closer taking your arm. You stared at his soft skin, dark eyelashes, those lips…

‘Is it still hurting?’ he said moving it about. You couldn’t even feel it. You bit down on your lip and shook your head. The boy looked up at you, his deep brown eyes fixed on yours. ‘Sorry I had to do that, but I can’t let you go away yet.’