Jaehyuk's new friend--knowing Changjo's friend

I Kissed Mr. Snow White!?

 

A month has passed and Jaehyuk’s condition was getting better bit by bit.

You visited him in the hospital and same old same routine. You were playing with your brother and asked him questions in Math. “What’s…9x8?”, you asked.

“72!”, he quickly answered. You grinned, “Well proves it that my brother’s not an idiot”.

“Shut up”, he answered back. Your eyes bulged out from it’s sockets, “D-did you just tell me to shut up?!”, you stuttered. He held his hand to his mouth and fervently shook his head.

 

“You!”, you pointed to him. As you moved closer, he inched backwards. “Where did you learn that?!”, you shouted at him as you tickled his sides. “Aahh, noona. You’re killin’ me. Aish, stop!waah!Pwahaaha!Please? I won’t say it anymore just –pwahaha!”, he continued to laugh.

You stopped tickling him. “That’s better.”, you grinned. Jaehyuk panted and wiped off his imaginary sweat.

 Both of you heard someone chuckle. You two looked to your right and saw Nala giggling at you.

“You should tickle him more often, he’s always so quiet here.”, Nala mentioned to you.

You looked at Jaehyuk and saw him blushing. You mischievously smiled and answered, “Really?Maybe you should talk to him often.”

Your brother stared at you and mouthed you a ‘What are you saying face’

 “I can? Well, It’s good to have a new friend!”, she brightly said.

You turned Jaehyuk to her and introduced him, “This is Jaehyuk. Jaehyuk, this is…?”

 

“Nala.”, she said. “Nala. What a lovely name.”, you told her. She thanked you and shook Jaehyuk’s hand. “Annyeong Jaehyuk oppa! Nala imnida!”

Your brother looked at his hand and started to heat up. “O-oppa?”, he stuttered.

“uh-huh. You’re older right?”, she questioned.

“Y-yeah”, he stuttered again. You shook your head and smiled.

“So oppa it is!”, you clasped your hands together. “Nala honey, when I’m not around, take care of Jaehyuk for me. Arasseo?”, you told her.

She nodded. “I will. Right oppa?”

“Uuhhh…y-yeah. I gue-guess so.”, he said. You looked at your watch. “I have to go. Nice meeting you Nala”.

“You too unnie!”, she replied back.

 

You whispered in Jaehyuk’s ear before leaving, “Don’t stutter.”

He innocently nodded.

On the way out the ward, you bumped into someone. You apologetically bowed. “Yerie?”, you looked up and saw Changjo staring down at you.

 

“Changjo? What are you doing here?Came to visit Jaehyuk?”, you asked.

“Actually I’m here to visit my friend, but I guess I could see Jaehyuk too.”, he told you.

“Your friend?”, you questioned.

“Yeah, remember the guy who I was talking to you about? He’s also here in the ward.”.

You sternly looked at him. “You never told me he was here.”

“I also never knew until today. He was in a private room, but his dad transferred him here.”, Changjo said.

Flashback:

“May I help you miss?”, she said. “Well yes. I was just curious why there are so many nurses and doctors here?”, you asked with a friendly smile.

“Um, another boy patient was just asked to transfer here in the ward. He was in a private room, but his dad told us to take him here.”, she informed.

*Why on earth would a father let his son transfer to such room?”, you deeply thought.

 

You were bedazzled at what he said. *So Byunghun’s the guy Changjo was talking about.*, you mentally thought.

*He’s been in the hospital for months*

“Yerie, are you okay?”, he asked. You snapped into reality, “Super”

He ruffled your hair. “I gotta go now”, you informed him.

“Okay. Keep safe okay?I don’t want any boy taking you home, except me”, he pointed to himself.

 

 “Yes appa”, you sarcastically said.

He chortled and gave you a light smirk. The two of you bid your goodbyes.