Feelings Returned

Life As A Single Mother

Donghae was feeding Kyungsan in the room as he rocked in the rocking chair. He could overhear Jessica and Sungmin talking. He wanted to hear what they really say.

"I've been thinking about this. And I don't think this is working out."

Donghae couldn't believe his ears.

 

*Did I hear right? Jessica doesn't think that she should be with Sungmin? Is it over between them?*

 

Donghae kept listening. He didn't believe his ears. Jessica was actually breaking up with Sungmin.

He also heard Sungmin saying, "Are you breaking up with because of Donghae?"

Donghae looked at Kyungsan who was just calmly drinking his milk. "Did you hear that Kyungsan? Eomma wants to be with me."

Kyungsan didn't respond. He only looked at Donghae, who had a hopeful face.

Minutes later, Donghae heard the door close. He thought that Sungmin had left. So he just waited. He heard Jessica exhale loudly.

He heard her footsteps coming down the hallway. There she was at the doorway.

She looked like an angel. Her face, petite. Her skin, fair. Her stare, icy. But she was beautiful.

Donghae smiled to see her at the doorway. "Sica."

Jessica walked into the room and approached Donghae. She stared down at Kyungsan, who almost finished his milk. His eyes were droopy.

Donghae tried to make conversation to escape the awkwardness. "I'll put Kyungsan down for a nap after he finishes."

Jessica blinked then held her arms out for Kyungsan.

Donghae confusingly handed her the baby gently.

Jessica then walked towards Kyungsan's crib and set him down in it with his milk bottle in his hands. Jessica then put the blanket on top of him. She blew a kiss to him and saw her baby's smile on his face. She smiled back and stared at him.

Donghae, confused, walked towards Jessica and laid a hand on her shoulder. "Jess? What was that about? I was gonna wait until he was done."

Jessica turned around and just stared at him.

"Bwoh? What did I do?" he shrugged innocently.

She crept a smile inside but didn't show it to him.

"I don't understand Jess. Tell me what's up with you." He was totally confused. He didn't know what she was feeling.

Jessica grabbed his face and then kissed him. It was a surprise attack of her lips.

Donghae was shocked but gave in.

The kiss buzzed back the memories they had before he got her pregnant. They were young and full of unknown future plans. They weren't the happiest couple. But they were who every couple wanted to be. They argued. They make up. It was up and down, but nothing separated them.

Jessica pulled back and then stared into his eyes for a few seconds.

Donghae thought he was out of his mind. He grabbed her hands. "Jess?"

Jessica didn't say anything. She just walked out of the room.

Donghae looked after her and then looked into Kyungsan's crib. He saw the child fast asleep. He exhaled then went out of the room, closing the door behind him. "Jessica?" Donghae went back to the living room and saw Jessica sitting on the couch silently. "Jessica." He went towards her and sat next to her quietly.

Jessica was still still. She didn't move a muscle. Only her eyes roamed around.

Donghae grabbed her hand and held it in his hands. Feeling her soft skin and warming her skin.

It gave her goosebumps.

"Jessica, we need to talk now."

Jessica just faced him with nothing to say.

"What was the kiss about?"

She kept trying to avoid his stare but he kept trying to follow her. She gave up when he turned her chin towards him.

"Sica, look at me."

She looked at his face.

"Tell me." He inched his face closer to hers. "Please."

Jessica tried to avoid him, but she couldn't with his grip on her. "Aniyo."

Donghae then sighed. He had to get her to tell him. He went for the kiss. Success. His kiss made her give into it. His arms wrapped around her thin waist and he pulled her closer to his body.

Jessica couldn't help but give into Donghae's kiss. He was passionate about his kisses. He always had been. Jessica remembered all the times that Donghae would sweetly kiss her at night or after a romantic date. She felt a tear forming in her eye. Her feelings began to return to her. She was falling in love with him again.

 


Aw. How cute is that?

I know the last couple have been short, but that's because I'm trying to let it come to an end. So the ending is near! Probably in a couple more chapters...or maybe one. Don't know yet! o.O

What will Jessica say to Donghae now? ^^