Family Time

Life As A Single Mother

The next day...

Jessica woke up from her beauty rest the next morning with the sound of her baby crying. She groaned as she had her face in her pillow. "Waeyo?" She lifted the blanket that covered her body and looked up at the desk clock. "Ugh. It's only six." She rose herself up from her bed and rubbed her eyes. Her feet dragged her tired self to her child's room.

She looked in the crib and found her crying baby squirming around in his crib. She sighed, "Aigoo. Kyungsan, why'd you have to wake up now?" Jessica picked up the weeping child in her arms and patted his back as he had his arms around her neck and his head on her shoulder. "Shh. Kyungsan. Go back to sleep." Jessica began to sing a lullaby for him as she patted his back.

Kyungsan's head began to droop on her shoulder. He then was fully sleeping once more.

Jessica sighed in relief and carefully put the sleeping child in the crib. She kissed his forehead and then went out the door as she turned off the light.

She went back to her room and got herself under the covers. Her eyes closed and she deeply fell asleep.

 

Around eight o'clock, there was an opening of Jessica's apartment door.

"Sica?"

It was Donghae. He had bags in his hands as he walked in through the door. "Jess? Are you here?" He closed the door behind him and place the bags on the kitchen table. "Jessica?" He walked towards Jessica's room and opened the door with a creek. "Jess?" Donghae smiled as he saw Jessica tired body laying on the bed. She seemed to be in a deep sleep. He closed the door quietly and then went towards Kyungsan's room. Donghae went in and then looked into the crib to find his child sleeping peacefully. Donghae caressed his finger across the fragile child's cheek and then he went back out to the kitchen.

Donghae got his plastic bags and opened them up. He began setting up the kitchen nicely. He cooked, cleaned, and set up the table for breakfast it seemed like. "That looks perfect." He looked at the clock. "9:20. Okay." Donghae then began cleaning up around the area.

 

Jessica rubbed her eyes and sat up. She couldn't sleep anymore. She sighed deeply and then left her room. Jessica dragged herself to the kitchen to get herself a glass of water. She stopped when she saw the table set up neatly for two people. There was food prepared and nice plates set out. "Bwoh?" She looked up and saw Donghae washing the dishes. He didn't turn around to see her. "Donghae?"

Donghae turned around, "Ah. Sica. Good morning."

Jessica was stunned to see him here. "Uh. Annyeonghaseyo Donghae. What is this? And how did you get in here?"

Donghae chuckled, "Well I know where you hide that key."

Jessica's face turned red. She thought no one could find her key. But apparantly he knew where it was.

Donghae stood at the table. "I prepared breakfast for you. I thought we could have family time today."

"Family time?" Jessica wondered as she approached the table.

"Neh," Donghae said. "You, me, and Kyungsan. We're a family."

Jessica slightly nodded. "Neh."

Donghae pulled the chair out for her. "Have a seat. Relax for a little bit. You seem really tired."

Jessica smiled and laughed. "Neh. I'm really tired." She took the seat and Donghae helped her to sit.

Donghae took the seat across from her. "Hope you like this."

She smiled again. "Neh. It looks good. I will eat well."

Jessica and Donghae ate in a relaxed mood. They didn't seem to fight at all and there wasn't any awkward moments of them just staring.

Donghae tried to play 'footsie' with her, but couldn't manage to. He chuckled to himself.

Jessica stuffed the last forkful in and chewed it slowly.

He laughed. "You look like a chipmunk with a mouthful of food."

She swallowed her bite and hit his arm. "Yah! That's not funny."

"It kind of is."

Jessica made her cute little pout face.

 

Donghae poked her cheek. "I'm just kidding around Sica. I don't really think that. It's just too cute."

Jessica relaxed her arms but kept the face.

Then there was a cry from the hallway.

Jessica wiped with the napkin and was about to get up.

Donghae stopped her, "Jess. Wait. Let me do it. I'll go get him. You just relax today. I'll take care of it today." He then got up and disappeared into the hallway.

Jessica settled herself down in her seat and smiled. She never saw this side of Donghae before. He wasn't this sweet since that night. He always seemed like a jerk to her after she told him she was pregnant. Then he softened after Kyungsan was born. But he hasn't been so sweet since that one night she lost her ty. Jessica was starting to like the way Donghae was acting. If he stayed that way, then maybe she would start to like him more.

 

*Wait a minute! Wait a minute! I'm in a relationship now! I shouldn't be thinking about Donghae in that way! Donghae is just the father of my baby. He's just a friend, I guess. That's what he is. He's my friend. He's my oppa.*

 

Jessica sighed and had her head in her hands. "Aigoo." She then looked up when she heard footsteps from the hallway. She looked and saw Donghae smiling down at the teary eyed child in his hands that was held frontways.

Donghae was mumbling words to Kyungsan that Jessica couldn't pick up. He was bouncing the baby in his arm supporting his lower body and the other holding him across the stomach to keep him from flipping forward.

Jessica stood up and went to Donghae. "Annyeong my little angel." She caressed the baby's red cheek. She could feel the wetness of his tears. "What's wrong, Baby?"

Donghae looked at the baby then to her. "I think he's hungry. I'll go change him and you heat up a bottle."

She nodded and smiled. "Okay." She then lightly skipped off into the kitchen.

He watched her skip off and he chuckled. He then went off to Kyungsan's room.

 

A few minutes later, Donghae came back into the kitchen holding Kyungsan the same way, frontwards. He kept bouncing him in his arm and then saw that Jessica was cleaning the dishes.

Jessica was humming, but didn't notice Donghae in the room. She hummed as she washed the dishes carefully.

Donghae noticed her humming. He then approached her and whispered in her ear, "Nice humming."

Jessica jumped a bit and her hands flew back, making the soapy bubbles fly onto his face. "Omo!" She turned around and saw Donghae's face. She laughed.

Kyungsan looked up at Donghae's face and giggled.

Jessica grabbed a towel and began wiping the bubbles off his face. "Mianhae Oppa. I didn't mean to do that."

Donghae's face was clean now, literally. He then was a bit shocked. "Did you just call me Oppa?"

Jessica made a thinking face for a second and then said, "I guess I did." She smiled.

Donghae then replied back in awe, "That's the first time you called me Oppa since before Kyungsan."

"I know." She wiped her hands and then cleaned off Kyungsan's face. "It's been forever."

Donghae mumbled under his breath, "I'll wait for you forever."

Jessica looked up at him. "What did you say?"

"Aniyo. Nothing."

"Oh. Well, I'll finish cleaning here. Kyungsan's bottle's in the microwave."

Donghae nodded and went to retrieve the bottle.

Jessica watched him go off with the bottle to the couch in the living room area. She finished cleaning the dishes and wiping off the table. She then plopped herself onto the couch next to Donghae and watched him feed the baby. "You're really becoming a great father Oppa."

Donghae saw Jessica next to him and smiled. "Kamsahimnida."

Kyungsan saw both of them together and smiled while he drank the milk.

The two of them caught it and smiled. They looked at each other and then looked away to avoid blushing.

Donghae finished feeding Kyungsan and put the bottle down on the coffee table. He turned Kyungsan around and began patting him to let out the gas.

Kyungsan right away, let out a small burp and he giggled.

Donghae took him off his shoulder and faced him towards him and Jessica. "Good boy."

Kyungsan was standing on Donghae's lap with Donghae's hands supporting him on his waist. He began to bounce on his legs to exercise his leg muscles.

Donghae laughed. "You're ready to walk now. You're just exercising, huh?"

Kyungsan just giggled as he bounced up and down.

Jessica smiled. She was actually enjoying the moment. It was a good moment for her. She liked how Donghae was actually treating Kyungsan. She was surprised to see Donghae's sudden change of heart for taking care of the child. She liked this new Donghae.

She wrapped her arm around Donghae's and said, "This is what real family time is like." Jessica didn't notice that her head began to lean on his shoulder. She was almost cuddling next to him

Donghae saw her action and smiled. He knew that she had some sort of feelings for him after all that they've been through. "Neh. It's great to spend time with the family. Especially my family." He slipped his arm around Jessica while the other one supported Kyungsan.

Kyungsan smiled and clapped his little hands for happiness.

They truely looked like a real family.

 


Updated~ Finally right?!

I've been busy so I haven't been able to upload a whole lot. But soon after this week, I'll be able to upload more often. :)

 

Like I've said in my plans on a couple of my stories.

 

Sorry to say this, but I'm cancelling the mini series, The Road Home.

I just can't go on with it cause it's already a beautiful movie. So beautiful that I just can't write it again.

I've thought about making another update and see what happens, but I just decided to cancel.

Please don't hate! Don't unsuscribe!

I've already have three other active series and one shots to handle. So I think I already have A LOT on my hands. XD

 

But anyways, now that I got the bad news out....time for the good news! :)

 

I'm thinking on planning a sequel for Two Worlds Collide.

Yes, it is very exciting.

I plan to start making that this summer after I complete the Life As A Single Mother mini series. (Yes, it will be a mini series like a few more chapters to go.)

For the TWC sequel, people want to see two different things.

Either seeing HaeSica's married life or more of Kyuhyun's side of the story after HaeSica got married.

Which would you want to see? Opinions matter! :)

 

And I do want to make more one shots, but I don't know which couples I want to use. I have had a few requests made, but more of them matter! It makes me happy to see what couples like being paired up. So don't forget to comment about that! :)

I think I will hold off on Underwater Sea-cret and Unstoppable Love for a little bit so I can finish Life As A Single Mother first.

After LAASM is finished AND if I get enough opinions on what the story should be more about, I will start planning a sequel to TWC. Does that sound like a good deal? :)

 

This week will be low on updates cause I have finals to study for for the last week of school! :) Then I will be able to update more often after that is out of my hands. :D

I can't wait to see what is coming on this website so I can read more about interesting ideas and start developing more creativity on my stories.

Thanks to all of my suscribers that have supported my stories and one-shots. They are all the best and amazing. I love them. You all are outstanding. Keep reading and suscribing! Bless you all! :)