Rethinking the Relationship

Life As A Single Mother

The family sat there in each others' arms for a moment.

Jessica's thoughts began to spin in her head. She didn't know how she felt about anything anymore. She had to think about what she really wanted. Did she really want a relationship with Sungmin or did she want to be with Donghae? Her thoughts spun and spun. It made her dizzy. She began to massage her temples.

Donghae looked at her. "Are you alright Sica?"

"I feel dizzy." She kept trying to calm her mind with the massaging of her temples.

Donghae then took his hand and held it against her forehead. "You're warm. I think you have a fever."

Jessica's head dropped on his shoulder.

"Ow," Donghae yelped. He put Kyungsan on the floor and stood up from his seat. "You need to rest Jess."

Jessica shook her head. "Aniyo. I have to take care of Kyungsan and I have a date with Sungmin later." She tried to stand up but her tired joints in her legs failed her and she fell back on the couch. Her groans began to worry Donghae.

Donghae sat back on the couch with her and held her in his arms. "Jess." He looked at her warm face and his fingers caressed her cheeks. "Jess."

Jessica's eyelids fell over her eyes.

He gently laid her on the couch, comfortably. He then looked at his child on the ground, playing with his toys.

 

Donghae just laughed at his child's playfulness. "Aw. Aren't you just the cutest thing?"

Kyungsan just giggled with a smile.

Donghae got down to his baby's face and looked at him. "Eomma's not feeling well." He saw his child's face frown. He chuckled. "We should make her feel better. Arasso?"

Kyungsan clapped his hands.

Donghae just smiled at the child and stood up. He went to the kitchen and got a washcloth. He drenched the cloth with cold water. He squeezed the excess water and went back to Jessica's side. He folded the cloth into a rectangular shape. "This will be a little cold Sica." He placed the washcloth on her warm forehead.

Jessica flinched a bit after the coolness of the cloth met her forehead. "Aish." Then she relaxed.

Donghae sighed and caressed her arm. "You'll be alright Sica."

 

An hour went by quickly and Donghae was playing with Kyungsan on the floor.

Kyungsan crawled onto Donghae's lap and began to whimper.

 

Donghae wondered for his child, "What's wrong?"

He just continued to whimper.

Donghae caressed his head. "Are you hungry?"

Kyungsan's hand patted Donghae's face.

"I'm gonna take that as a yes." Donghae stood up from where he sat on the floor, leaving Kyungsan there. He went into the kitchen and mixed up the milk for Kyungsan's bottle. He stuck the bottle in the microwave and waited for it to go off.

The door opened and Kyungsan went towards the door on his little hands.

"Jessica! Why's the door unlocked?"

Kyungsan looked up and found Sungmin standing there. "Ah."

Sungmin looked down at the small baby on the ground at his feet. "Aw. Annyeong Kyungsan." Sungmin picked him up and held him closely. He gave him a small hug. He planted a kiss on his small cheek. Sungmin looked around and then saw Jessica's tired body lying on the couch. "Jess!" He ran to her side with the baby in his arms. "Jessica," he cooed as he caressed her hair with his hand.

Jessica's eyes slowly opened. "Hmm?"

Sungmin's smiling face looked at her. He exhaled.

Jessica lightened up. "Oppa?"

"Neh," Sungmin sighed. He caressed her face. "What's wrong?"

"I'm not feeling well," she softly said.

"Oh. My Jessica not feeling well?"

"N-neh."

Donghae came into the room with Kyungsan's milk bottle. He looked up. "Oh. Sungmin? You're here."

Sungmin nodded as he looked at him. "Neh. The door was unlocked, so I let myself in."

"Ohh. I need to feed Kyungsan."

Sungmin stood up and handed Kyungsan to Donghae. "Sure. No problem."

Donghae took Kyungsan comfortably in his arms and held the bottle towards Kyungsan's mouth.

Jessica tiredly asked, "Not to be rude or not that I don't like you being here, but why are you here Sungmin?"

Sungmin went to her side and knelt to her. "Well Donghae called me over and told me that you couldn't go out tonight."

"Ohh." Jessica looked to Donghae.

Donghae smiled at her.

She mouthed a 'thank you' to him.

Donghae nodded his head as he watched the latest couple in brokeness. He went off to Kyungsan's room and fed him silently in the rocking chair.

 

Jessica watched Donghae walk off. She saw the hurt in his eyes. She felt bad for him. Now her thoughts were driven crazy. She couldn't think if she wanted a relationship with someone that's been by her side for the longest time or someone that's always cared for her.

Sungmin looked at her face. He was concerned by the way he looked. He wasn't sure if she was happy or if she was upset. He saw her eyes watch Donghae walk off into the hallway. He began to wonder if she really loved him like he loved her. "Jess?"

Jessica snapped back into reality. "Bwoh?"

"Are you okay? You seem upset and unfocused."

"I'm just full of thoughts right now. I just can't think straight."

"Maybe we'll just stay here tonight."

Jessica's thoughts weren't that crazy at all. She could only focus on one phrase.

 

*Maybe it's better if I rethink about my relationship with Sungmin.*

 

Jessica's head was spinning. She didn't know what to do. She thought it was better if they were just friends. "Sungmin?"

Sungmin caressed his fingers across her cheek. "What is it?"

"I've been thinking about this. And I don't think it's working out."

 


CLIFFHANGER! Mwhahahaha. Yeah, I'm evil.

 

What will Sungmin say? o.O