"You three should just be a family."

Life As A Single Mother

"I've been thinking about this. And I don't think this is working out."

Sungmin just stared at her in shock. "What do you mean this isn't working out?"

Jessica hated to admit it. She didn't like telling someone she cared for something that would hurt them. "I don't think we're working out."

"W-we're not w-working out?" Sungmin stuttered at his words.

Jessica sat up, taking the washcloth off of her forehead. She took Sungmin's hands in hers. "Oppa, I know that you wanted this to work out between us, but I don't think it is working."

Sungmin turned away from her. He didn't want to be seen crying in front of her.

Jessica turned his face to hers so that they could face each other. "Oppa, I don't think I'm in love with you."

Sungmin didn't say anything. His eyes just kind of went down.

"Please understand how I feel Oppa. I just feel rushed right now."

Sungmin only nodded. "Okay. I see what you mean. You just don't want a relationship with me. You just want to be friends."

Jessica nodded. "Neh."

"So is it Donghae?"

Jessica was shocked by Sungmin's sudden question. She didn't know how to respond to him. "Bwoh?"

Sungmin chuckled, "Are you breaking up with me because of Donghae?"

Jessica didn't want to hurt him, but she needed to just figure out the truth for herself. "Uhh."

Sungmin squeezed her hands. "Look, I understand if you're choosing Donghae. He's the father of Kyungsan. You're Kyungsan's mother. You three should just be a family. And you and him have had your ups and downs, but he's always been by your side. I get it."

Jessica was surprised. She didn't think Sungmin would explain everything to her. But she finally realized what she really wanted for her life. "Oppa, mianhae." She dropped her head down.

He only lifted her chin to have her face him. "It's okay Sica. I forgive you for whatever. But you will always be my little Sica." He hugged her.

She felt secure. She hugged him back in comfort. "Kamsahimnida Oppa. For understanding me."

Sungmin smiled. "Anything for you." He kissed her head.

Jessica pulled back from the hug and leaned to actually kiss his lips. The kiss was tender and soft.

Sungmin kissed her back and wrapped his arms around her.

Jessica pulled back and smiled.

Sungmin pulled her in for another hug. "Saranghae Jess."

Jessica hugged back. "Saranghae. Please come back another time Oppa."

Sungmin nodded and stood up. "I guess I'll get going and get out of here." He chuckled to himself. He headed for the door.

She got up and ran to hug Sungmin once more. "Annyeong Oppa. Come back soon."

He hugged back. "I will. Annyeong Jess." He kissed her temple and then left out the door with no other words to say.

Jessica watched as he disappeared out the door. She closed the door behind her and her eyes widened. She didn't even really know what had just happened between her and Sungmin. All she knew was that they were no longer dating. She kept asking herself, 'Did I just break up with Sungmin to be with Donghae?' She couldn't even answer the question herself. She just knew that she had her family. Jessica didn't know if this is what she truely wanted.

 


Short update again. Working on finishing this little mini series. So yeah. Then I'll update my other two stories and plan on the sequel to TWC possibly. And I'm working on one-shots. STILL WANT TO KNOW YOUR OPINIONS ON TWC AND ONE SHOT REQUESTS!