Chapter 7: Is she okay?

Because You're Different

It's been about three months already, not much has changed. It's finally summer and everything was finally at its end. Everything has stayed the same. Eli is still a complete pain in your , Yuri is still miserable, and they still live in your house. You and Eli haven't stopped arguing since the night you asked about their argument. Yuri has began eating, but not so much. "Yuri? Are you..by any chance, pregnant?", you asked her shyly. "No. I'm not. Eli and I are both s and he has this thing about not doing anything until we get married." "Which is when exactly?" "I honestly don't know. He's been.. avoiding me.. I think he's beginning to like someone..someone else.. and it's tearing me apart.." Once again you rushed into Eli's room. It's all dark and you just stormed in anyway, "Eli!?", you yelled. "What?", he yelled back. "Can we talk?" "About?", he asked you sarcastically. "Ab...", before you could finish your sentence, Yuri walked in and said, "Miri, I'm going out okay?" She went a little closer to your ear and whispered, "Please keep an eye on him.." "Alright, be safe.", you told her. As Yuri left, you turned to Eli and told him to meet you in the living room. As you closed the door behind you, you heard him yell, "Fine, but you better not irritate me."

You sat on your couch waiting for Eli to come out of the room. After five long minutes he finally decided to come out. He came to the living room and sat on the couch farthest away from you, but suddenly, it got cold. Now, on a cold summers night, after months of vicious arguing, things finally lit up, "Why are you and  Yuri always fighting?", you asked him. "Look, I'm not sure if she told you, but I'm kinda falling for another girl.", he replied with his head facing down. "Didn't I tell you..? I didn't want you hurting Yuri?" "I know, I know, but look, it's not my fault okay? She got..clingy.." "I know, I saw. What'd you feed her?" "Nothing! I swear!" "Are you sure? You know..you're really suspicious.. Why is that for the whole almost four months you've lived here, I've never seen you go out? I mean aside from dinner with Yuri sometimes?" "It's nothing okay? Look, back to the girl.." "Wow, so eager to change the subject huh?" "I don't want to talk about Yuri okay?" "W..wait, who is this girl?" "I don't want to say.. She thinks I'm this huge wipe." "How do you know? Have you talked to her?" "She says so a lot whenever we talk." "He isn't hinting me is he? Is he really falling for me? But what about his girlfriend? What about Yuri? Am I really going to be the reason they break up?", you asked yourself. "Who are you talking about?", you demanded him. "I'm not telling you okay!? I have to break up with Yuri first, but I don't know how!" "Wait what!? Why!? You're going to break up with her after you eloped with her!?" "We didn't really 'elope' okay? She thought we were, I just came here to look for something, we weren't even really together!", he yelled back to you. "What!? Then!?"

After slowly trying to comprehend the whole conversation, you ran into your room, not even allowing Eli to explain any further. You ran straight to your bed, face first, yelling into your pillow once again. All of a sudden, you turned over and laid on your back, stared at your ceiling and began asking yourself, "Is he really referring to me? No! He can't be! Not me! He's Yuri's boyfriend! No matter what he says! B..but he's really cute and..I.. think..NO! NO I WILL NOT ALLOW FOR THIS!" All of a sudden you felt a sudden change in the room temperature; it got hot, to the point where you felt your sweat run down your forehead, and splash onto your bed. "Could it really be me he likes?"