Chapter 6: What's with this guy?

Because You're Different

It's five in the morning and you woke up to a soaking pillow. You have two days left to do your paper and you're even more stressed out than ever. First your best friend came back from the states, then her boyfriend kissed you, and now, you found out that they eloped. "What's Eli's deal? Why does he have Yuri twisted around his finger? Did he feed her something? He never goes out.. Is there something wrong with him?", you kept asking yourself. After an hour of lying in bed continuously asking yourself these questions, you finally got up and went to finish your term paper. 

As the clock struck twelve noon, you finally put in the last words of your term paper and alas your paper came to its end. You finished it with two days to spare, and all you had to do was print it. Eli came through your door and said, "Look, I'm sorry for all the noise, all the arguing and the news." "Okay, look, sorry I busted out last night, I was just really stressed. I honestly don't care how you act to me, just don't hurt Yuri.", you replied back. "Look, I won't okay? Just please let us stay here for a couple more days", he asked. "No worries stay as long as you'd like, I'll be on break this coming Friday, which is in about two days. I really have nothing against you, I just don't want anything to hurt Yuri, she's my best friend, and she's like my sister.", you told him calmly. "Alright then, if you need me.. I'll be in the guest room that you gave us." Eli said with a straight face. "Alright, wait, where's Yuri?", you asked him. "She went out.", he replied. "Again? To where?", you asked again. "I don't know.", he said with a shaky voice. "How could you not know? Isn't she your girlfriend? Aren't you worried?" "No, I know she's not doing anything stupid, she's a grown girl, she can handle herself.", he said calmly again. "Why are you never with her? Why don't I ever see you out of the house?", you asked him finally starting to question his actions. "I just..like being inside. The heat gets to me which is why I'm normally temperamental.", he said. "Well, if you say so.", you replied as the papers finally came out of the printer. "Alright.", he said and headed towards his room.

As the next few days went by, you began to notice a certain 'change' in Yuri's appearance. She looked a little pale, and hungry. She would never eat much of the food you would try to feed her. "Is there something wrong Yuri? How come you never eat?", you asked her. "I'm fine. I promise. Eli and I have just been arguing a lot lately, and it's making me depressed." "Well that make you fine does it?", you told her as your voice began to rise. You rushed into their room to find Eli and his things on one bed, while Yuri's things were on the other. "Why are you two fighting?", you yelled at him. "None of your business.", he said. "Didn't I tell you I didn't want you hurting her? Well THIS is hurting her." "I said, it's none of your business!", he yelled back as he got up, pushed you out of the room and slammed the door shut in your face.