Chapter 3: Day Break

Because You're Different

Finally, it's morning again. You lay in your bed, staring at your ceiling, trying to remember everything that had happened last night. "Was it all just a dream?", you asked yourself. Slowly getting out of bed, you got ready and rushed into the bathroom. Picked up your toothbrush, and brushed away. In the mitts of sitting, you hear your kitchen faucet run. You looked at yourself in the mirror, washed your mouth, with toothbrush still inside. You walked out went into the kitchen and saw a man standing in front of the sink washing his hands, shirtless. "So it wasn't a dream?", you asked yourself again. The man turned around and said, "Hey, about last night... Can you not tell Yuri? I'll tell her myself." "Last night?", you asked him. "Yeah, the kiss? I'm Eli, remember?", he asked you. "Oh! You're..Yuri's boyfriend? We..we kissed? I thought..nothing.", you replied. He looked at you dead on, and said, "Please, I know I've been a real , the plane ride was a little rough." "Oh, that's okay.. Yuri has this thing for wipe men.", you said with a straight face, "I'm kidding!" you said, then smiled. He looked at you confused and smiled after finally understanding what you told him.

You both dispersed and while he went back into the room he shared with Yuri, you went back to the bathroom and continued to brush. In the mitts of it all, you looked at yourself in the mirror, "Dear god! Did I have my toothbrush in my mouth the whole time I was talking to Eli!?", once again, you asked yourself. You've finally finished brushing your teeth, walked out the door and knocked on their room. "Hello? Eli? Yuri? Are you guys awake?", you asked as you slowly peaked in, only you realized, "Oh right, I was just talking to Eli.." Eli looked up while Yuri was still sleeping with her back towards the door, he said, "Yeah, did you want something?" You replied, "Oh no, I just wanted to ask if you wanted to eat anything for breakfast.." Eli gave you another confused face and you told yourself, "Wow, this guy is really lost, like all the time huh?", he said, "Um, whatever you have is fine.." You replied, "I'll go get you guys some food from McDonalds..would you like coffee as well?" He nodded and you left for your car.

You rushed on over to McDonalds, ordered your food, three cups of coffee and ran out the door. On your ride back home you thought, "We really did kiss huh?" You were so amazed at the thought, but you knew he didn't know you were you, but deep down, you wish he did. You've began to grow a little 'crush' on him because of what happened, but you tried to stop yourself because you knew, you didn't want to hurt Yuri. She's been your best friend for over 10 years for gods sake, are you really going to break up TWO relationships for one man? Your friendship and their relationship? No, you didn't have in you. Trying to force the idea out of your mind, you accidently spilled your coffee while doing this weird dance to some kind of music you've never heard before. You giggled and continued to drive on. When you got home, Yuri and Eli were sitting on your couch watching some television and Yuri rushed to help you. She said, "Yay! Food!", with this little smile she always had. Eli looked at you and asked, "Geeze, what happened to you? Why are you all covered in coffee?" You looked at him confused not remembering your coffee spilled on you. You looked down to your shirt and replied, "Oh, um my coffee spilled while I was driving." He looked at you and said, "So clumsy," under his breath, but loud enough for you and Yuri to hear. Yuri looked back at him and yelled, "Babe! Please, be nice." He said, "Fine. Can I have my coffee?" You handed him his coffee and his fingers nearly touched yours. As he pulled it away, he paused, looked at you in a sort of aweing manner and said, "Thanks." His reply wasn't like his normal, 'oh I hate being here kill me' kind of reply, it was more of a 'dear god, I never realized how pretty she was' kind of reply. As you were about to walk away, Yuri asked, "Miri, don't you have school? We can handle it here." You replied, "Oh! RIGHT!" You rushed into your room, grabbed all your things, and rushed out the door.