Chapter 1: The Meeting

Because You're Different

Finally, you get to meet up with your best friend again, Yuri. It's been what? 5 years? Who could imagine that 5 years would go by so fast. You two have been best friends since high school has ended. You're at the end of your college life and she's half way done with hers. Who could imagine that you two would have grown so much since you have last seen each other? At least you still communicate. Speaking of communicating, your phone begins to ring, as you pull it out of your pocket you notice that it's an unknown number. "Who would be calling me? Especially at this time?" You sat there thinking, "should I answer it?" Finally, your finger moved towards the green button and placed the phone to your ear, "Yeoboseo?" "MIRI!", you hear a voice yell back. "Yuri? Is that you?" "Neh! Babe! We--I'm coming home!" "Mwo?! When!?" "Tonight! Do you think you can get me at the airport?" "Sure! Sure! I'll head there right now!" You immediately jump out of your seat, threw the phone back into your pocket, rushed to your door, put on yours shoes and ran to the car. You sat in your car thinking, "What the hell!? Where are my keys!?" Due to your excitement you didn't realize you left your keys hanging on the door. As you faceplamed yourself, you rushed out of your car, to the door, pulled the keys and back into your car. You started the engine and laughed at yourself for your stupid mistake, drove off and rushed to the airport.

After waiting for a good 30 minutes you finally see the face of your dear friend Yuri. She did this little jump thing that she normally does, left her luggage at the gate and rushed towards you yelling, "MIRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!" You stood there, wide eyed thinking, "Oh dear. I do not know this child" then began to giggle. As she finally threw her arms around you, she began to tear, and asked, "Why are you giggling?" You replied, "Oh, uh... hahaa, nothing. Are you crying?" "No." You already knew she was lying, so you pulled her away from your ear, looked at her and said, "You're honestly going to lie to me? After 5 years of not seeing you?" "I'm sorry..", she replied. "I..have a surprise for you..", she said. "Darling!", she yelled out, and immediately this man comes out of the termial pushing out a few other bags. "Who's that?", you asked, "that guys pushing the cart?" Yuri replied, "Who? That guy? I don't know." Yuri rushed back inside the terminal and pulled out this handsome young man, messy dirty blonde hair, sweater, jeans and a bag in his hand. "This is Eli.", Yuri said. You smiled, held out your hand and said with a shaky voice, "I..I'...I'm Yu..Miri.." He looked at you, held out his hand to shake yours and said, "Yumiri?" Too busy lost in his aweing beauty you replied, "Neh." Yuri looked at you and said, "Aniya, her name is Miri." Finally regaining yourself you realize your mistake and say, "Oh right, mianhae, my name is Miri." He looked at you and said, "Mianhae? What's that?" Yuri said, "Oh, it's I'm sorry in Korean.. We studied in Korea together as kids, and well, she moved here when..." Eli had cut her off and said, "Sorry, Miri", in an irritated manner, "but I don't speak Korean." You looked at him and said, "Well, I'm sorry. It's a habit of mine." You thought to yourself, "Geez, he's handsome and all that, but he's so rude. What did Yuri see in this guy? God, I have to deal with his attitude in my car all the way home?" Yuri finally said, "Eli stop it. Just don't worry about her. Go get our bags and we'll load it into her car." He then said, "Where are we staying?" Yuri replied, "With her! Duh!" Eli gave Yuri this irriated look as though living with you would be a total pain in his , but in order to keep his relationship with her good, he just went ahead with what she said. Eli went back, took the bags and threw them into the trunk of your car, you didn't bother saying anything because you were already irritated as is.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Please be gentle with your comments. XD

Do excuse grammar, spelling errors and what not. :3 Thank you! :D