14

the right mistake I made
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyukjae's pov


Donghae's parents guided me to their dining room as we chit-chatting about how's the company doing after Mr.Lee retired. Well actually i was quite relieved when Donghae's dad didn't mind about my 'relationship' with hae. I was worried he won't let me 'date' his only son only because i'm the leader of a gangster organization. But i guessed my previous work with Mr.Lee makes him sees me different. Well, i'm still not 'dating' his son, but with their permission, then i can court him more, right?

I sat on one of the dining chair, wondering where's that cute guy, when suddenly the little girl, ayou, walked shyly to me.
I smiled at her and she gave me a toothless smile, like her uncle. Cute.

"Hi cute lady.." I greeted her and she giggled, walked closer to me.

Donghae walked into the dining room, and sat on the chair across me. I eyed him but he looked away, took a bread and munched it while chit-chatting with his parents.

"Handsome Unclee..what's youl name?" The ayou girl asked me, tilted her head cutely.
I smiled and patted her head.
"I'm Hyukjae.. You're ayou, rite?"

She nodded cutely, smiled even wider.
"Uncle hyujae!..c-can ayou sat on uncle hyujae's lap..?"
She asked cutely and i nodded.
"Sure.."

"Yeay!!" She jumped happily and i picked her to sat on my lap, but then my eyes caught a cute guy acrossed me glanced at us then looked away immediately.

Hm. Steal some glances are we? Maybe he's jealous that his niece is chose me more than him.

"Ayou, do you love uncle hae?"
i asked ayou to get donghae's attention, and she nodded furiously.

"Ayou loovees uncle donghae!!"
She beamed happily.

Donghae smiled happily at ayou's words but then his smile disappeared when he looked at me. I chuckled inside.

"The food's ready~" donghae's mum came with dishes, helped by donghae's dad and their maids.

"Wow looks delicious" i tried to compliment donghae's mum.

She chuckled and took my plates, filled it with foods.
"Aigoo ayou, uncle hyukjae will feel uncomfortable if eating with you on his laps.." Donghae's mum said.

Ayou pouted, muttered 'sorry' and moved to the chair beside donghae's mum.
I glanced at hae and he seems holding back his smile. Maybe he loves his niece too much until he felt i'm going to take his niece away.

Hum..

I looked at the table sheet, it was long enough to covered the table until nearly touched the floor.
I glanced accrossed me,then raised my leg, tried to reach what's acrossed. And i felt i'm going to burst laughing when i saw donghae's expression's change into a shocked one when i touched his leg with my foot.


---------------


Donghae's pov


W-what was..

I widened my eyes when i saw the guy who sat acrossed me smirking. What the-- did he just touched my leg with his foot?! Under the table?!
I tried to pulled my legs away and looked at my parents. They were chit-chatting with hyukjae without noticing anything weird happened under the table. Ugh.

I kept moving uncomfortably on my seat,tried to avoid his foot. I took a bite of the steak on my place, but then his foot found mine again, and slowly..slowly..moved up to my knee.

I gulped and put the fork down.

Damn it, damn it, damn it.

I glared at him but he didn't catch that, since he's too busy chit-chatting with my parents. Dammnn that ert!! I'll kill you later!

"..hae, donghae??"

I snapped from my thought, just realized that my parents looked at me, as if waiting for me to respond.

"H-huh?"

"Yah, you didn't listen to us did you? We were asking how do you meet hyukjae-ssi for the first t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter