Tell Me

Please, Just Let It Be A Dream

I woke up noticing a really bright light. I do not where I am. I was lying on a bed, needles in the veins of my hand. The only thing I heard was water dripping one by one from the I.V stand. I was feeling high and unconscious. Everything seemed spinning. I shook my head. Then I saw someone standing at the edge of the bed. Someone I knew. I closed my eyes then opened it back to get a better look. It was Kiseop. He came closer. He looked like a mess. His eyes were watery, hands were shaking.

Kiseop : How Are you feeling?

Me : What happened?

Kiseop : Are you feeling okay?

Me : Tell me what happened.

Kiseop : Ara ssi. Yaeya... (holding my hand softly) Something has happen. There was an accident. 

Me : Wait! Wh..wh..what? Are you okay?

Kiseop : Ara.. (I ignored him) Go Ara!! Look at me. (pulling my face towards him) I want you to remember me this way. I love you. I want you to know that.

I din't get a chance to say anything. He walked away from me. Not even looking back. Out of the blue. I heard someone calling my name. It was a really familiar voice. Then I felt someone holding my hand. I shut my eyes and opened them back then looked to my left side of the bed.

Mom : Ara? Ara? Are you alright? Wake up, honey. Can someone please get me a doctor. Ara? Can you hear me? It's alright honey, I'm here. 

I heard every word she said, I tried to say something, just anything but nothing came out. I felt dizzy, nausea. And without realising I was unconscious again. I didn't know how long I was out. But I guess it was quite a while because the feeling of hunger started to occur. 

Mom : Owh. You're up. Can I get you anything? Something to eat or to drink maybe?

Me : Mom...where am I?

Mom : You don't remember? (I shook my head) Hmm..You don't remember. Okay. Um. You got into an accident. A drunk lorry driver got into your side of the road while Kiseop was driving. You were sent here right away. Don't you remember?

Everything happened that night started to come back reminding me. The party. The intense kiss. The mixtape. LED Apple's How Dare You. The really bright light. And then nothing. The only thing that I remember was :

Me : Kiseop?? (still looking down at my yellow hospital blanket) Mom...(finally lloking at her) Mom? Where's Kiseop? I need to see him. He's alright, right? His parents aren't here. The bills must be really high. His car must really need a lot of fixing to do, right? I would probably need to call his friends for him, to let them know he wouldn't be at school for a while. Just to make sure that they'll inform him for any homework. We should probably let him stay with us. His uncle and aunt aren't usually home. And anyway I'll be there to look after him, right? Mom?

Mom : (her eyes are full with tears) Ara..he didn't make it. He...

Me : Wh..what? No!! No! He was just.. (interrupting her)

Mom : Ara! Ara! Listen to me. He didn't make it. The doctors tried everything the could. He was badly injured. He didn't even make it to the hospital. I am so sorry.  

Me : No! Mom, no!

I got up. Took the I.V out of my hand. And started walking out of the room. My mom tried to stop me. But I ignored her. The nurses outside tried to stop me too. They held on my hand begging to get back to bed. But I just had to figure things out. I saw him. I really did see him. He was there. He is here. I know he is. I felt dizzy, almost fainting. I could still hear my mom calling my name. I tried ignoring. But I stopped when I could no longer take a step. My legs were weak. I was weak. It was probably because of the drugs they gave me. I finally gave up, let myself down and fainted on the floor.