Voice Of My Heart

Please, Just Let It Be A Dream

At home,

I placed my bag at the stairways and made my way to the kitchen. I prepared my favourite ramen and brought it up to my room. Mom has always disagreed on me eating ramen. She said it wasn't good for my health and that it could make you stupid. Like I would trust her. 

Kiseop : Ramen again?

Me : (turned to face him) Where were you?

Kiseop : Here. (walking back to my bed and laid down) I never left. 

Me : Owh. 

I took a bath. Ended wearing a pair of sweat pants and a over sized t-shirt. Then I ate the ramen I made. I've always like it when the ramen is a little dried up. I could feel Kiseop's eyes were on me. I ignored him. 

Kiseop : Is there  something wrong?

I looked at him and shook my head. Then I continued eating.

I realize I've changed since the accident. And I admit that it isn't a good thing. It's almost a month now since the accident. People say that you'll forget things fast. But things are moving pretty slow for me. I haven't talked to my mom yet. Well, at least not a pleasant one. Somehow, it has become awkward. When I'm at home, I usually just lock myself in my room, do my homework or study or even listen to my iPod. But mostly, I hang out with Kiseop.

Mom would make dinner as usual, we'll sit down to eat, pretending like things were normal. She'll ask about school, activities of the day. My response were usually, 'Okay', 'Fine', Yeah'. I barely ate every time, so she'll just send me up to my room for homework.

At night, Kiseop will keep me company while I study. Then he'll be beside my bed, talking all night, whispering actually, until I would fall asleep.

*The next day*

I got to get ready for school. I packed my things and headed downstairs. Half way down, I realize it was raining outside. So I went back to my  room to grab my coat. In my closet I saw my cheerleading outfit. I took it and put it in my bag. Because it was raining, I heated up the engine of my car that my dad left for me. It was a 1962 Maserati 3500. I know nothing about cars. But my dad loved the car so much. 

I got to school and made my way to my locker. Kiseop was with me. He was asking me things so I answered. When we got to my locker, I took out the cheerleading outfit, put my bag in the locker and took out my History and Literature book.

Kiseop : Why'd you bring that? (pointing out to the outfit)

Me : Huh? Owh. Um..it's really not my thing.

Kiseop : Is that the only subjects you got?

Me : I have gym after. (I looked at him who was staring at something)

I looked behind me. There were a couple a junior girls staring at me as if I was nuts. I turned back around, ignoring them. They were saying things like, 'Was she talking to herself?' and 'What a loser'. And I swore one of them said that I was probably on some kind of crack. 

Kiseop : Maybe next time we should watch out where we're talking. 

Me : (my head still down, pretending to fix things in my locker. then I thought 'Kiseop really is dead') Or maybe you should stop following me? (I whispered)

Kiseop : What?

Me : Nothing. (I walked away)

History and Literature were boring. So was Gym. Mostly we'd be doing dodgeball or ballet or gymnastic. But today, out of the ocean blue, we're doing basketball. I really haven't been the athletic type, it was mostly because I wasn't as tall or flexible as the others. But I just think I at every sport ever created. I even lost playing hide and seek when I was 3. Two captains were picked out of us, which their names I have forgotten and they were able to pick who they want for their team. I wasn't picked last which I was relieved of.

During the game, I think they knew that I wasn't good so no one passed the ball to me, which made me even relieved. So I didn't really keep my head in the game. I did run a little, not wanting to seem awkward I guess and cheered every time we scored. I stopped when I thought I saw Kiseop at the bleachers but then something hit my head real hard which made me fall on my . 'In coming!!, someone shouted. Then I heard someone's footstep coming towards me. 

Hoon : Hey. (handing out is hand which I did grab) Ara... I am so, so sorry. I don't know how I missed that. 

Me : Right? It's fine, oppa. (I walked away)

The coach asked me to go to the nurse's room, just incase. 'Hey!', I heard someone shouting. It was Hoon again. 

Hoon : So..How have you been? I mean, after the.. (walking beside me)

Me : Fine. 

Hoon : Really? Okay. Okay. Yeah. Um.. Kiseop, he...

Me : I think I wanna go to the ladies room first. I'll see you next time.  (I interrupted him then walked away)

During lunch, I went to meet Yuri. At the cafeteria I saw her sitting with Siwon oppa, drinking a box of honeydew juice. I took a seat next to her, she offered me some of her fruit salad, which I did grab a bite. When I realize I would be late for class, I stood up, handed her the cheerleading outfit and left. I went straight to my locker to grab my bag. 

Yuri : Ige myowa?! (showing me the outfit. she looks angry and i've never seen her angry)

Me : You know what it is. (turned back to my locker)

Yuri : Don't..(her voice cracked) Don't do this, Ara.

Me : What do you mean? (started to walk) You know it hasn't ever been my thing.

Yuri : (she took my arms and now facing me) Then what has been your thing, Ara? (she paused) Kiseop?! You've changed.

Me : Then maybe I have.

Yuri : I'm not gonna lose my friend just because of one guy. (she came closer to me) I'm here. Just please, please let me in.

*bell rings*

Me : (I pulled my hands away from her) I gotta go to class.

Biology. The subject was 2 days in a row, which was kinda upsetting because any given assignment given has to be done and sent the next day of class. Today, was kinda boring. Mr. Kim had to explain the stages of mitosis all over again for those students who left for drama practice. It really wasn't that hard, but that was only my opinion. I kept my head down and doodle in my sketchbook. 

Seungho : Shouldn't you be focusing? (who's eyes were on my sketchbook)

Me : I don't know not focusing in class was a crime. (I whispered which let out a little laugh)

Mr. Kim : Seungho?

Seungho : Ye, sonnim?

Mr. Kim : Perhaps you want to share the answer.

Seungho : Uh..actually...(I pushed my sketchbook towards him and pointed where I wrote the answer) Anaphase?

Mr. Kim : Good. Anaphase....(Mr. Kim continued)

Seungho : Thanks.

Me : No problem. Anyway, I didn't wanna be seen like I was influencing you. 

The rest of the day at school went okay, just okay. I've had worse days before. I didn't rush home. I took all the time I needed. I went by my locker to grab my coat. There was a note on the locker. It said :

FINED!! For being the world's most heartless thief to steal my heart...   

'What?' I smirk. Who would send this? I sigh. Took my jacket and went home.