Heartquake

Please, Just Let It Be A Dream

It's been 2 weeks now since I saw Kiseop in my room. And ever since then, I keep seeing him, talking to him. And I didn't mind (even though I know he was dead). Because things were back to normal, as it used to. I told no one bout it. Not Yuri, and not even my mom. Today is my first day back to school. The doctor gave me leave just to rest before I get back to normal daily life. Not that I needed it. 

As I was walking down the hall to my locker, people were giving the looks of, 'sympathy', 'sorry for your lost', 'condolence'. I ignored most of it. Kiseop was with me. He was walking right behind me. He said that he rather follow me everywhere than go somewhere else where no one can see him anymore. No one else saw him but me. Is it his ghost, spirit or just my imagination? I really didn't mind. All I know is that he's with me now. I got to my locker and heard someone running towards me.

Yuri : Hey! You didn't tell me you'll be back at school today.

Yuri and I were best friends. We still are. And I don't think that will ever change. But ever since the accident, we grew apart. We didn't hang out, conversations on the phone became awkward and we were mostly afraid to have conversations especially yuri. I think she's scared that she might bring up the whole Kiseop and accident thing.

Me : I thought I told you?

Yuri : Really? I must have forgotten about it. 

*long awkward silence* 

I turned to my locker to take a few things out. She then leaned against the locker next to mine. She seemed as if she was thinking what to say, trying to make conversations. This has never happened to her. Yuri knew things were awkward between us but she wouldn't let our friendship of years came to an end.

Yuri : So, you wanna have lunch together.

Me : Yeah. Sure. (without hesitating)

Yuri : Yeah? Really?

Me : Yeah. Why not?

Yuri : Owh. Okay. So I see you at lunch then.

Me : Okay. (putting on a smile to convience her that I'm fine) 

She seemed a little shock that I was okay. And I was. 

Kiseop : She misses you. (standing next to me now taking Yuri's place)

Me : You think so? (whispering as I looked at him)

Kiseop : I know so. 

He first kept his eyes on me but he was distracted by something or someone. He face was red as if he was angry. I looked behind me. There was this guy, an unfamiliar guy at the same row of lockers as mine was looking, starring actually, at me. 

Kiseop : What is he looking at? (looking back at Kiseop)

Me : Do you know him? 

Kiseop : No! But I think he knows you. (he sounded like he was annoyed)

Seugho : Annyeong!!

Me : (I was a bit startled when he came behind me) Owh. Annyeong. (giving him a 45 degree bow)

Seungho : What a small world, huh?

Me : eo? Have we met?

Seungho : Yah! How can you forget? Ah!! This hurts. (still confused. kiseop was still beside me and he seems angry) You were jogging and you drop something. Does that ring a bell?

Me : Owh. (remembered) Annyeong. I didn't know you came here.

Seungho : I just transfered here from Canada. Korea is still a new place for me. 

Me : (I heard Kiseop chuckled) Jeongmal? 

Seungho : Ye. Is good to know there's one familiar face.

Kiseop : Don't you have class? (looking at me)

Me : I have class. Um. So I'll see you around then. (walking away fast)

Seungho : Yah! (he ran to me)

Kiseop : What do you want?!! (he screamed) Leave her alone!!

Seungho : (I kept walking, ignoring him) We never really introduced oursleves, have we? I'm Seungho. And you are? (handing out his hands which made me stop)

Kiseop : Walk away, Ara.

Me : Ara. Look I really have to go.

Seungho : Why are you in a hurry? The bell hasn't rang yet. 

Me : I just don't want to be late, okay? (started walking again)

Seungho : Owh. I get it now. Your boyfriend's here, isn't he?

I stopped to face him. I realize Kiseop wasn't anywhere near by anymore. Maybe he was annoyed just as I was. I got close to him, I could feel my eyes were watery and I wanted to say something. Something like, 'Back off, bastard!' or 'Stay the hell away from me!. But instead nothing came out so I just walked away. 

I had Biology so I headed down to the lab. The pupil in our class had an odd amount of student. Everyone else was paired as a group of two. But I was left alone. Our teacher, Mr. Kim said that I was brilliant in Biology. So he rather let me sit alone other than the rest of the students. I realize he was running a bit late today. It was unusual of him. But I didn't mind. I kept thinking of Kiseop. I wonder where he is? We haven't separate since the day I saw him in my room. 

Mr. Kim : Good morning, class. (he's in a good mood I thought) Today, we have..(I felt his eyes were on me) Ara. What are you doing here?

Ara : (I looked up to face him and saw Seungho again. then again I thought 'damn!') Um.. I go here. Remember, sir?

Mr. Kim : Yeah, and I also remember you being in an accident. I thought you were still on leave. 

Ara : Nope. (shaking my head)

Mr. Kim : Okay. Well, is good to have you back. You're right on time. This will be your partner. (pointing to Seungho) Go ahead. Introduce yourself.

Seungho : Oh, ye. Gamsabhanida. Annyeong! My name is Yang Seung Ho. I just transfered here. Let's be friends. 

Mr. Kim : Okay. You can sit next to Go Ara over there at the back. 

Seungho : Owh, ye. (he walked over to my lab desk, now our lab desk right away) May I?

Me : (I picked up my bag from the always empty chair before) Go ahead.

He was quiet the whole class which I was relieve of. I really didn't need any bothering anymore. I had Literature right after Biology. Mrs. Lee, who taught us Literature was always in a bad mood for some reason, so when the bell rang, I gathered my things up quickly and got out of the lab. Literature was boring and so was History. Nothing seems to interest me now. I wanted things to end fast so that I could go home where I know Kiseop will be. During lunch time, Yuri came to meet me at my locker as usual. 

Yuri : Yah!! (surprising me from the back) You didn't tell me you knew the new kid. I would have asked you to introduced us. 

Siwon : (who followed her from behind) Yah, Kwon Yuri! (he said softly) Are you trying to make me jealous?

Yuri : Anyo, oppa. But..(now facing him) is it working?

Siwon : Ani!

Yuri : Ah...I did try. (turned to make again) So how did you met him?

Me : Um..I just bumped into him before. That was it. We never really met or talk.

Yuri : Owh..So, are you ready to go?

Me : Yeah. Gaja.

In the cafeteria, Yuri grabbed a bowl of salad, which she said she is in the process of trying to be a vegetarian. I wasn't hungry so I grabbed a soda. We walked to find a table to sit. Siwon oppa was waving his hands inviting us to sit with him. Siwon oppa was different from the other jocks in school. I imagine the type of guy like him would be a playboy, arrogant, and thinks he is all that. But Siwon oppa was different. He was nice, kind, low self-esteem, and I am definitely sure that he is completely down to earth in love with Yuri. Who wouldn't be? And God know she deserves that.