Game On

Please, Just Let It Be A Dream

It was Saturday night. The game starts in 2 hours. For the first time, I put on my cheerleader uniform. The bloomers were uncomfortable, but I had to wear it anyway. Kiseop was on my bed, waiting for the reveal. When I got out of the bathroom,

Me : How do I look?
Kiseop : Like a cheerleader.
Me : really? Does it make my hips look big?
Kiseop : What hips? (Pretending to look for something)

I sneered. I looked in the mirror to check myself. My hair was made into one thin Dutch braid. I wore pink lip gloss and a little eyeliner. It’s no harm to look descent for a night. Kiseop hugged me from the back.

Me : Um..Yah, Lee Kiseop..
Kiseop : Hmm?
Me : You're gonna mess up my hair.
Kiseop: I don't care.
Me : come on. We should go.
Kiseop : Give me a kiss. (Puckered up)

I pushed his face. Grabbed my jacket and wait at the room door.

Me : you coming?
Kiseop : I still want that kiss.

The night was quite cold. I was trying my best to look cute for Kiseop who was actually playing quite good that night. Whenever he scored I'd be jumping and cheering like an idiot. I didn't care. I’ve never seen Kiseop play before. This was my first and I had the best seat. Time was up and we won. After the team "hugged" and took pictures with the opponents, he came running towards me. I open my arms wide for him and swept me of my feet. Hugging me tight.

Me : you were amazing.
Kiseop : so were you (still holding me)

I loosen my grip so I could look at his face. I gave him the kiss he wanted.

He drove me home. He stopped his car across my house. He came close and cuddled me, my back facing him and my head resting against his shoulder.

Kiseop : Ara ssi...
Me: Ye, Kiseop oppa? (we both laughed)
Kiseop : If I lived for a hundred years, where would you be?
Me : If you lived for a hundred years, I'd want to live for 99 years and 364 days because I could never imagine living a day without you.

He was silent. I felt a weird vibe going on so I turned to face him. He wasn't looking at me. He seemed as if he was worried. I touched his cheek. He looked at me and smiled. I studied his face. I've never seen him this way. He grabbed something from the back of my seat.

Kiseop : Happy 16th birthday baby. (He gave me a box)
Me : (opening the box) Oh my God! My dad's watch. My mom sold this last year, in a yard sale.
Kiseop : I bought it and fixed it. I knew he wanted you to keep it.

I looked at him with an expression of 'I'm so in love with you' written all over my face, then, kissed him passionately. And he kissed me back.

I took a shower as soon as I dropped my stuff in my room. After that I checked on my mom who was sleeping in her room. I went to mine and decide to go to bed. Just as I was about to close the lights, I saw my dad's watch on the table. I grabbed it. The words "I'm here" was carved on it.

My dad was a doctor. Not the kind we saw on TV, just the normal ones. I lost him just a few years back. When I was 11, my dad was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. He was really sick, but he fought well. A few months after that, he lost the battle. He carved these words just two weeks before he passed away. How I miss him. But somehow I’m glad he's in a better place now.