A New Bright Day

Please, Just Let It Be A Dream

Point of View : Go Ara

I was the quiet girl in class. But people never picked on me. At my school there was no bullying. The cheerleaders were nice to the geeks. The Goths were nice to the drama kids.The jocks still rule the school but they weren't causing any harm. We were all just normal kids.

I'm in History class as Mr. Hoshi speaks about the assignment he gave us. As I was listening, I doodled stuff on my notepad. The teachers always thought I wasn't paying attention, but the fact is if I stare at them while they talk, I tend to study their voice and gimmicks.

Mr Hoshi : Ms. Go?

"I should've known," I thought.

Me : Russia. Right?
Mr Hoshi : (there was a long moment of silence) Yes.

I smirked. The bell rang, it was time to go home. I left my assignment on the table and headed out. Went to my locker to pick up a few books and walk out of school. Suddenly someone grabbed me from behind.

Me : Yah! Yuri! I swear if you do that again...
Yuri : I'm sorry. I'm just so excited. (Giggling). Come I’ll walk you home.
Me : Let me guess, you got an A for your English Project.
Yuri : No. (she folded her arms) Wait. We have an English project?
Me : (sigh) Just tell me already.
Yuri : There's an opening on the squad! And…since I'm already on it I can recommend someone! So…guess who I’m recommending?(She paused for a second to make it dramatic) YOU!
Me : Oh. How exciting. (I lift my left eyebrow and folded my arms)
Yuri : (she stopped to look at me) what? I thought you'd be happy.
Me : Yeah, coz' I've always wanted to be a cheerleader. (In a sarcastic tone)
Yuri : Ara, come on. At least just try out, for me.

She widened her green eyes. Bit her lips and bent down to my height.

Me : I'll think about it.
Yuri : YAY! (she hugged me)

Yuri and I lived on different streets so we went our separate ways. Before she ran off, she turned around and signaled "Call me". I shook my head at my best friend's behavior. Walking home that day felt so long. I heard someone calling my name. I looked up and squinted my eyes to recognize his face. I gasped, my hands covering my mouth.

Me : You're back.
Kiseop : You missed me? (Walking towards me)
Me : But I thought your mom... (I didn't get to finish)
Kiseop : I told her I wanted to graduate here. With you.

He held my face in his warm hands. He kissed me. And I kissed him. I was happy. Ecstatic. I didn't want to move. But my curiosity made me.

Me : But where are you staying? (Biting my lips)
Kiseop : With my Aunt.

He took my bag and walked me home. Holding me in his arms.

I got inside my house my hand gripping his. He followed me close behind. His other hand around my waist.

Me : Mom. Look whose back.
Kiseop : Mrs. Go. (he went close to my mom and gave her a hug)
Mom : My, my, my. Little Hayden. Still good looking as always. Like your father. How are your parents, sweetheart?
Kiseop : Fine, ma'am. Their all fine. (he flashed his perfect white teeth)
Mom : That's good. Well, you kids go run upstairs and chat or whatever. You got a lot of catching up to do don't you? I'll make you love birds some dinner.

Kiseop : You are still beautiful. As always. (Sitting on my bed)
Me : (I felt my face turning red) and you're still a charmer aren't you?
Kiseop : I’m glad you didn't change your hair. I have a thing for long black hair.
Me : I know Kiseop. You tell me all the time. (Closing the door)

He got up. Grabbed me by the waist and cuddled me. The warmth reminded me of how much I missed him. He kisses me on my cheeks, to my nose and brushed his lips on mine. My hands grabbed his hair, my jaw clenching. He lifted me off my feet and threw me on the bed. I laughed. He stared at my face. I closed my eyes and embraced every moment. And then he kissed me again, with his hands holding my neck.