Chapter 21

The DJ Is Mine

 

Our song ends, and we bow to the audience. TOP-oppa takes my hand for a second bow, and I all but freeze up. His hand is warm, and I’m pretty sure my face is warmer. We leave the stage together, and his hand holds onto mine for a moment longer than is necessary, and something gives me the feeling he knows it. By the time we reach the booth, he’s let go, and it’s gotten pretty late. Tasha unnie winks at me while TOP-oppa’s back is turned. It’s all I can do not to squeal like a middle schooler. She mouths the words to me, “Have you told him yet?” I shake my head. “Why the heck not?!” she mouths back. I give her a look that says I’ll explain later. I turn to TOP-oppa and GD to say goodbye, and TOP-oppa pulls me into a quick embrace. A quick one, so as to not be embarrassing or improper. But it was still a hug. I see for a brief second a smug look on GD’s face. I want to laugh, but I don’t want oppa to think I’m laughing at him, so I hold it back. We wave goodbye as we head outside to the car and head back to her house.

“Yubin-ah,” Tasha unnie says, casting a glance my way, “Did he or didn’t he?”

“Did he what?”

“Ask you out! Silly!”

“Well, no…”

She sighs. “This is ridiculous. He asked you to perform with him and acted all flirty and then doesn’t even ask you if you want to casually hang out?”

“No…”

“Aiya. I swear, guys give me a headache sometimes…”

“I thought it went well. I spent time with him and we talked. I enjoyed myself. What about you, unnie?”

“Ehh. That GD guy was cute I guess, but it was easy to tell he’s a player. Besides, I think I saw the jacket he was wearing in the women’s section at the department store.”

I laugh. That sounds like something GD would do.

“Yeah, unnie, that sounds about right.”

I do wish TOP had said something more, but right now I’m just happy that anything happened at all.