Chapter 11

The DJ Is Mine

 

I wake up precisely with my alarm at six in the morning, just like I always do. Time to get dressed. I throw on some yoga pants and a tank top and some running shoes. Then I make myself a cup of tea and it dry before I grab my bag and head out the door to the gym. Rapping is one of my releases, but my other is working out. I’m particularly ticked about last night, so I’ll probably end up working out a little harder then usual. After walking a few blocks, I make it to Lee’s Fitness, and find my way to a cardio machine as quickly as I can. I decide on a stationary bike for today, and turn the resistance level up one higher than my usual. I start biking while listening to some music, and don’t stop until about an hour and a half later, when I usually go for an hour. Then I go to do some sit ups to keep my stomach toned, and by the time I’m done my whole body aches but a lot of the stress and anger is gone. I go and take a shower, and I wash off any remaining stress along with the sweat and dirt. Then I put on some jeans and a bright red top with some heels and put my hair in a high ponytail. I put on some makeup and after grabbing my things I head out front and call Tasha unnie, my mentor. She’s always been like the older sister I never had.

“Yeoboseyo?” she answers.

“Unnie, I have a problem.”

“Shoot.”

I tell her the whole story.

“Wanna come over and practice?” she asks.

“Please!” I reply.

“Be ready. I’m gonna drill you really hard.”

“Okay.”

“Oh, and one more thing- How’s lover boy?” I can hear her giggle a bit.

Unnie loves to tease me about my interest in TOP.

“Yah, unnie, that’s so embarrassing! He’s not my lover!”

“You still haven’t said anything to him, have you?”

“No, of course not, how could I-“

“Yubin-ah, this is not your second year of middle school. We’re adults. Adults are truthful with other adults about how they feel. If you want any chance with him, you ought to do something. Although I’m surprised he hasn’t asked you on a date yet, since he’s seen how good you are and how pretty you are.”

“I don’t know, unnie…”

“Where’s all your onstage confidence? Come on! Better bring it with you later!”

She hangs up and I sigh.

Rookies are in no way comparable to TOP. She has no idea.