Bye Bye New York, Hello Korea!

A Journey Called Life

Rena's P.O.V

20 Minutes Later

The Funeral was over, and it was around 8:30. I glanced around, my Aunt and Uncle was speaking privately to the preacher. I wonder what they were talking about.

"Rena," My Aunt turned her attention to me after the "serious talk" was over. "We found a person that can take you in."

WAI-WAI-WAIT. WHAT? Did she say, We found a person that can take you in...? So, does that mean, I'm not going to stay with my Aunts or Uncles?

"BUT. BUT. BUT. I thought YOU were going to take me in!" My mouth moved on its own without me thinking.

Aunt Kim and Uncle James heaved a heavy sigh. "Saranghae Rena. We love you. We love you a lot. But we don't have much time on our hands. There's already 2 kids of age 3 in the house, and we can't possibly take in another one."

"I'll help you watch after them! Seriously!"

"Rena, we love you too much for that." Uncle James added on. "We wouldn't want to put all the weight on you. If we take you in, we can't give you the attention you need. I don't want to make you go through the same thing you went through - again."

"Th-Then how about college?!" I almost forgot about the acceptance to Harvard. "There's no way I can decline that offer!"

"About that..." Aunt Kim started, but the Preacher cut her off.

"About that," He said calmly. "Your too young to live on your own. Your're only 17, now, if I recall."

"But I'm turning 18 in just a few months!" I was hysterical. A scholarship, the thing I wanted to tell my parents so much. "You can't take away my future! You can't take away my chance!"

"Miss, you're only 17. You can't live alone. It's against the U.S Laws."

"YOU CAN'T DO THIS!"

"I'm sorry miss, but-"

"BUT WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN TO ME?!"

"You're going to have to live with someone, it's already decided."

I looked at my Aunt and Uncle with the "how could you?" face. But it wasn't their fault. I know that.

"Who's this someone I'll be living with?"

"That, you will be informed later, due to POSSIBLE changes."

"So it's not 100% certain..?"

"It's not."

"So there's a chance - even if just a little, I'll be able to attend Harvard?"

"That miss, is 1%. The person we chose for you does not live in the U.S."

"WHAT?"

WHA-WHA-WHAT THE HELL DID THAT BALD GUY JUST SAY? I'M NOT GOING TO LIVE IN THE U.S ANYMORE? HELL NO, I TELL YOU. HELL NO! This place, this precious place, was and STILL IS where all my memories are. YOU ARE NOT GOING TO SEPARATE ME FROM IT.

30 Minutes later

Stupid. Stupid. STUPID!

Right now, I feel like I can flip over the next person I see.

Right now, I feel like my head can explode, along with my brain, my beloved brain I WAS going to use for Harvard.

Right now, I'm at the Airport. THE AIRPORT!

Flashback

"I'm so sorry Rena. It's not like we wanted this. Mianhae." Aunt Kim stated apologetically.

I felt no need for her to apologize. "It's ok. It's not your fault." I took a deep sigh. "I'm old enough, and I've learned enough to be able to move on."

Honestly, that was a lie. But whatever would reassure them, I would dare to say.

"The person that will be taking you in," Uncle James broke in the conversation with Aunt Kim and I, "Does not live in the U.S."

"I know."

"You will be leaving the U.S."

"I know."

"YOU WILL BE LEAVING US AND THE U.S!"

"I KNOW!"

"Will you be ok? I mean, it IS OUT OF THE U.S!"

Sheesh, how many times is he going to tell me that?

"Of course I'll be ok, you don't have to ask me that." I forced a smile.

Aunt Kim ran up to me and hugged me. Tightly. As if I'd never, ever, ever, ever, see them again. It made me feel a bit sad. And during that short amount of time, as she was hugging me, I began to reminisce. Reminisce about all the good times I've had here, all the hardships I've faced here, practically my whole life here.

"Rena, never forget us, and all your memories here. Promise me that." Aunt Kim weakly said, I think she was on the verge of tears.

I nodded. "I promise."

"Have fun in Korea."

"I'll try to."

"Saranghae."

Ahh, of course. Those words. "Saranghae."

And then I got into the taxi that took me to the Airport, dragging along my luggage. (I already packed a day ago) They didn't see me off. More like they couldn't. Like my parents, they had work. But just in case they didn't start walking yet, I turned around in the car. They were there all right, waving. As if to see me off.

End of Flashback

I watch the people scurry around as if they'd miss their flight. Calm down! Sheesh, people these days gotta learn how to chillax!

I just sat there, on those comfortable chairs bye the large window. When I aboard one of those planes, I thought to myself, I'd have to move forward and tell myself, 'Bye bye New York, hello Korea.'

Then it hit me. I had totally forgot! WHO THE HELL WAS I GOING TO STAY WITH?!

OMG OMG OMG OMG.

How could I forget?! I was going to stay with a stranger! A complete stranger!

WHAT IF HE WAS AN ALCOHOLIC?! A ?!

WHAT IF SHE WAS A ?! OMG! A STAR!

Oh wait, the person's a guy. A GUY. A MALE.

Oh don't worry, I think you'll get along with him very well. After all, you were so close with him. The Preacher's words echoed in my mind.

WAIT.

I'll get along with him. I was close with him. He lives in Seoul, Korea.

There's only one person I can think of.

No, I know it's him.

"Flight 12 is now ready. Those who are taking Flight 12 please hurry to your plane. Repeat. Flight 12 is now ready. Those who are taking Flight 12 please hurry to your plane."

Flight 12. That's my flight! People all around me were all hurrying to Area 4. They looked like cheap bastards running for the cent store. But even so, I ran too.

When I arrived in Area 4, I looked up to check the sign - just to make sure I was in the right place.

Area 4. Flight to Seoul, Korea.

I was at the right place alright. 

I hurried for Flight 12. They checked my passport and let me in. I dragged my luggage and stolled in the plane - like a boss.

My assigned seat - according to my ticket, said I need to sit in the 2nd section, row C, seat 79. Great, now if only I could find it.

Finding my seat... took me like, let's say, about 20 minutes? I loaded my luggage on the luggage holders and plopped into my seat. I put on my seat belt, and the first thing I did was take out the blue blanket the flight supplies you, and pulled it over myself. It was 9:23 A.M, and I was already tired.

"Hello, thank you for choosing Pacific Airlines. It will take approximately 14 hours to reach Seoul, Korea. For now, please enjoy the ride," One of the assistants announced.

Hmm, let's see, I will so totally enjoy this ride. Like seriously, of course I will. I just got informed that my parents died, that I couldn't go to Harvard University, that my scholarship had to be given to someone else... AND YOU WANT ME TO ENJOY THIS RIDE? Oh, of course will.

I looked out the window as soon as the plane started moving. We were zooming down and the plane was picking up speed. Then it took flight. I pulled down the window and turned around. Next to me was a girl that looked a year or so older than me.

She was pretty... if I had to describe her. She was wearing a long, pink knitted sweater and black leggings with flats- totally something I wouldn't wear. She was listening to music using earplugs and would rap quietly from time to time. She was... a talented rapper, I suppose.

But wasn't that seat empty just a second ago?

"Excuse me," I called out to her.

No response. "Excuse me," I repeated this time, waving my hand in her face.

???'s P.O.V

I was listening and rapping softly when someone rudly waved their hand in front of my face.

"Yah!" I replied, turning to where the hand came from.

It belonged to a girl. She looked about... a year or so younger than me.

She was cute! Her face was so cute yet beautiful! She wore no makeup. NO MAKEUP - CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?! What kind of girl leaves the house with no makeup?! But, I liked her face. It was um, natural... AND CUTE! She had long, straight dark brown hair and wore a gray hoodie with skinny jeans. She had a very slender figure.

Without thinking, I pinched her cheeks.

"HEY!" She hollered.

Bad temper... perhaps?

Then she rubbed her right cheek, the one I pinched. Her actions made me want to pinch her cheecks again.

"I thought that seat was empty a second ago!" She exclaimed.

Rena's P.O.V

"I thought that seat was empty a second ago!" I yelled.

The girl in front of me looked confused but after a while, answered, "Well, it's not now!" Then she did some kind of aegyo.

Breaking the 3 second silence, I complained, "Yah, you pinched my cheeeks! Really hard on top of that!"

"Hehe, you looked so cute."

A lesbian pedo?

"Oh don't get me wrong! It's not like it was out of admiration or anything like that!"

Doubt cleared.

As if she was trying to gain my trust, she stratched out her hand. "The name's Hyuna."

"Rena," I answered shortly.

Then she just stared at me. Literally STARED at me - as if I did somehing wrong.

"Um... what is it?" I asked, dumbfounded. "Is there something on my face?"

Maintaining her stare, she awkardly pinched me again. Letting go, she said, in a dead serious tone, "You don't know who I am?"

"Erm... no..?"

Then she cracked up laughing. Let me tell you one thing. This girl is freaking bipolar.

Then she got serious again and stared at me.

A second later, she died lauging.

I waited for her to stop. Man this girl had problems.

"Ok, I bet you'll know when you see this autograph."

Then she signed her name on a random napkin. "There!"

She held it up in my face. It looked like... gibberish. But I could still see her name. It read: HyunA.

"Hyuna?" I read aloud.

She nodded.

"THE HYUNA?!" I yelled.

She nodded full of hope.

"SERIOUSLY THE HYUNA?!"

She kept nodding nonstop.

"Um, sorry to dissapoint you, but, who the hell's that?"

Her head was now hung low.

Then she sprang back up. "YOU SERIOUSLY DON'T KNOW?!" Then she jabbed one of her earplgs in my ear.

After 20 seconds or so, she shut off the music.

"Have you ever heard that song?" She asked, almost desparate for me to know who she was.

"No," I flatly answered, crushing her hopes.

She then sighed. "Oh well. But keep the autograph! You'll be happy when you realize it in Korea!"

"Um, ok."

Then she babbled on and on about trivial things. We were really different, she was cute and girly, and I was sporty and tomboyish. She loved spending her days shopping, wheras I just passed my days running track with clubmates, or handball. But even so, our bottom line was somewhat the same. She was really nice, and we got along great. She was a really great friend - well, that I know of so far. I'm really glad I met her... I guess.

???'s P.O.V

Seoul, Korea: 11:00 P.M

"YAH!" I hollered at the 4 unresponsible scumbags. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! MY SIS IS COMING IN 13 HOURS AND YOU GUYS ARE LAYING AROUND - PLAYING DEAD?! GET YOUR ASSES OFF THE SOFA!"

"But Hyung... it's ONLY 10:00 P.M, there's still 13 hours!" Complained the idiot laying on the floor with his legs spread out widely.

"Exactly," blabbered the fool fixing his bangs.

"13 HOURS! IT ALREADY TAKES US LIKE 7 HOURS TO GET READY, AND WE DON'T EVEN HAVE A ROOM FOR HER YET!"

"Calm down Hyung," Argued the small faced as he grabbed a drink from the refridgerator. "We can just throw a bed in there and let her do the rest herself."

"WHAT?! YOU WANT TO WHAT?! I HAVEN'T SEEN MY BABY SISTER IN 6 YEARS - STRAIGHT, AND THIS IS HOW YOU'RE GOING TO TREAT HER?!"

The 4 idiots in front of me shut up immediately. That's right, I thought so. Can't face your Hyung's words huh? I love being the oldest.

"I thought so," I stated arrogantly. "Now, if you understand how much of an opportunity for you dumb bums to set a good impression on my sis this is, GET WORKING!" I huffed.

Each of the members got therir asses off the rug abd sofa and began scurrying around.

Here is what each member was in charge of:

Lee Joon: Cleaning the living room (I personally chose this for him to make him suffer. He's going to have to suffer the wrath of picking up moldy food and other stuff like that left around for months - maybe a year or so now)

Mir: Cleaning the bedrooms (He chose this on his own... hm... suspicious)

Thunder: Cleaning the kitchen and waching the dishes (There's like a mountain, so good luck with that)

G.O: Cleaning the bathroom (Just good luck with that - I have nothing more to say, for it will make you feel bad enough)

I slumped down on the sofa and smirked. Now for some time for me to rest. You know, I have to warm up my voice and reduce my dark circles before my sister comes. For she must recieve a wonderful welcome.

"YAH! HYUNG!" The maknae complained. He came storming out of the bedroom with a duster and looked as if he was about to feaking wack me, the great Yang Seungho, with it. "GET UP AND START DOING SOMETHING, JUST CUZ YOU'RE THE OLDEST, DOESN'T MEAN YOU CAN LAY AROUND AND ORDER US TO DO STUFF LIKE THAT. SHE'S YOUR BELOVED SISTER AFTER ALL - RIGHT?"

Ah, dammit, I couldn't fight against those last words.

"Yah, I was just going go to the D.Y.I Store and get some nice stuff to build her room, mind you," I got up and grabbed my coat. "And don't you guys dare slack off while I'm gone! Or I'll chop those heads off when I come back and pass my dark circles and my fat belly on to you guys!" I put on my shoe and slammed the door.

But I could hear that muscle pabo scream after me, "But Hyung! I'm so scared! I don't want a fat belly or dark circles!" That idiot's so going to get it when I get home. Just 'cause he has muscles and abs... Humph.

Rena's P.O.V

8 Hours Later

Currnetly it is 6:00 P.M. 7:00 A.M in Seoul Korea. Hyuna was sleeping already. Was she that tired?

Flashback

11:00 A.M

Hyuna was trying to apply some makeup on my face, I advoided her every attempt. Fustrated she failed all 30 attempts, she gave up.

1:00 P.M

Hyuna was trying to get me to listen to some songs of this group called "4 Minute" and some other "Kpop" songs. They didn't sound half bad. I especially liked the ones by 2NE1, MBLAQ, and Beast.

3:00 P.M

I was actually surprised to find out that Hyuna actually had a D.S. and played pokémon. Knowing so, we immediately had to trade. I traded her a level 73 Luxray and she gave me a level 16 Staravia. What? She couldn't help it, poor girl didn't even beat the 2nd Gym Leader yet!

4:00 P.M

Haha, right now, she's trying to beat the 2nd Gym Leader. Using the Luxray I gave her, she killed the match.

5:00 P.M

D.S. time is over. Hyuna ended up beating the 3rd Gym Leader as well. Right now we were talking about randomness and pretty much.

5:30 P.M

Hyuna's taking selcas right now. She's trying to get me to pose with her.

End of Flashback

Hm... playing Pokémon diamond probably made her tired huh...? Oh well, she's just have to get used to the gaming world. Her head fell on my left shoulder and let me tell you, it probably weighed 50lbs itself! Man her head was strong! A few minutes later, left with nothing to do and no one to talk to, I drifted to sleep as well.

Seungho's P.O.V

Seoul, Korea: 7:00 A.M

"Ok guys, she's arrivinng in like... 2 hours... AND THE HOUSE STILL LOOKS LIKE !" I was having mental outbrakes.

"Hyung! It looks nice. And organized!" Reassured the hairy gentleman (G.O).

"DO YOU THINK SHE'S GONNA WANNA LIVE HERE?"

"Where else is she going to live?" Called after Thunder who was waching the last plateful of dishes.

"Yah Hyung! I worked my of cleaning the living room and you tell me it's not good enough and that she might not want to live here?" Joon complained.

"DUDE! If I knew you were just going to mok my actions, I wouldn't have thrown out all my magazines!" Cried the Maknae.

"Alright, alright, I got it."

I opened my sister's bedroom door to check for any blemishes. Nope - not a single one. Everything just the way she liked. Blue walls, wooded floor. Blue bed and blankets, white and green pillows, round rug, wooden study desk, wooden bookshelves, black chair, and some big, cute stuffed animals lying in empty areas as a gift from me. She will totally love this place. I hope.

I went out of her room to discuss picking her up with the members. Currently, it was 7:30 A.M, and we had exactly 1 and a half hours remaining.

"Guys! Get dressed, and try your best to look good." I ordered.

The 4 nodded.

"Oh, and... let's pull a prank." That idea just came to me, and I felt it was necessary. "Ok, so instead of me going to the Airport and picking up my baby sister, you guys will. And Joon, you're going to pretend you're her older brother until you guys reach the dorm. I just... want to see her reaction - ok?"

They all nodded in agreement.

"Now, let's get this show on the road!" We put our hands on top of one another, and then screamed, " One... Two... Three... MBLAQ, FIGHTING!"

Rena's P.O.V

Seoul, Korea: 9:00  A.M

I just got off the plane, and said my farewell to Hyuna. We took some nice pictures, and I got my share of them. Now, was the real deal, I was going to meet my caretaker (which I suppose is my brother). Gate 9... Gate 9... Entrance... entrance...

I dragged along my luggage and followed the Gate 9 sign. Outside there, I'd meet him - my caretaker  (brother).

Lee Joon's P.O.V

"Gate 9... Gate 9... OVER THERE!"

We ran to Gate 9, or the entrance and searchd for Seungho's... I mean, my sister.

We were checking every person that walked out of Gate 9 and was trying to find a match with the photo Seungho gave us. I think it was taken 6 ears ago... but oh well.

We've been at it for 6 minutes now... still no sign of her.

"Hey, hey, do you think she's pretty?" Mir questioned out of the blue.

"How would I know?" I shot back.

Thunder shrugged. "I dunno, but I sure hope she is."

"Pretty girls live a prety good life," G.O pointed out.

"Dude... do looks matter that much?" I replied flatly. "What if Seungho's sister is ugly? We'd be insulting her."

"Says the person who fixes his bangs 24/7" Mir said, as if he just hit me in the point where it hurt.

"YAH!" I argued.

Then, Thunder became hysterical. He started slapping my shoulder.

"I THINK THAT'S HER!" He screamed.

"YO yo yo yo yo." I said, "Don't just choose any pretty girl."

"NO THAT'S HER! LOOK AT THE GODDAMN PICTURE."

Analyzing... analyzing... analyzing... Match found.

Yeah, that was her alright.