; birthday.

❛ SOMEDAY IN SEOUL — a drabbles collection 。

MP3: Link.


"So, what did you get for Seo Rin on her birthday?" Taehyung's older friend, Seokjin, asked as he shook his bag of hot cheetos to get the last few remaining pieces.

Taehyung glanced at Seokjin then shrugged. "Nothing. I just said happy birthday to her. That's enough right?"

Seokjin, who had just popped in the rest of the hot cheetos, almost choked. "Are you serious?"

Another friend of Taehyung's, Jimin, overheard them just as he was about to practice his breakdancing. "Yah, Taehyung-ah. Are you crazy? Do something special for the girl, I know you don't like her but-"

"Who said I didn't like her?" Taehyung frowned.

"He means like-like, buddy." Seokjin chuckled.

Taehyung coughed and nodded. "Yeah, that. Right of course."

Jimin nodded his head slowly, staring at Taehyung weirdly before shrugging it off. "Anyways, but obviously she likes yo-"

Hoseok suddenly ran over and covered Jimin's mouth. "Talk quieter, she and her friends are near us." he hissed before taking a peek at Seo Rin and her friends who were just a few feet away talking and laughing away.

"They aren't even paying attention to us." Namjoon said as he glanced over at the group while he sat on the ground with a sheet of music in his hand.

Hoseok hissed at Namjoon and glared at him slightly. "You never know." and then he sat next to him to continue discussing his reason why even though he knew Namjoon would ignore him anyways.

Seokjin and Jimin exchanged glances and laughed.

"Anyways, Taehyun-" Jimin continued.

"Yes?"

"Can we stop getting interrupted?" Seokjin groaned as he ran a hand through his hair, frustrated.

Jimin ignored Seokjin's sudden mini explosion. "She obviously likes you, even though she denies it over and over again. Do something nice for her for once." He nudged Taehyung slightly as Taehyung had a confused expression on his face before looking at Jimin.

"Something nice? Why? Her birthday passed already." Taehyung furrowed his eyebrows.

"You, my friend, will never get married with that attitude of yours." Seokjin sighed as he shook his head.

"Taehyung, take a seat." Jimin said as he motioned towards the ground. The three guys sat down on the cement in a closed circle. "Let me tell you what you should do so you won't seem... yeah."

Taehyung chuckled and nodded. "Amuse me."

- - -

"They're over there." Namjoon walked back over to the 6 guys as he jabbed his finger towards the direction behind him.

"Good. Everything is going according to plan." Jimin grinned excitedly.

Taehyung looked down at his rolled up poster and a teddy bear. "It looks like I'm going to ask her to be my girlfriend, dude."

"So? This birthday present would be legendary." Jimin nudged him.

"Taehyung's got a point, man. Posters are getting overrated too." Yoongi pointed out.

Jimin huffed. "Posters are overrated for asking girls out to be their girlfriend. It's not that overrated yet for birthday presents. C'mon, wouldn't this be a sweet surprise?" he said as he glanced at all of his friends.

Namjoon placed a hand on Jimin's shoulder and nodded. "Hey, hey. Don't gang up on our Jimin. Yeah it's overrated but this would be a nice surprise for Seo Rin."

"When do you guys want me to go over to them and distract them as you guys come over?" Hoseok interrupted, bringing them back on track.

Jimin glanced over at the area where Seo Rin and her friends were at. It was after school, 3 days after Taehyung and the guys helped plan out Seo Rin's surprise gift. They rarely do cutesy things like this so you can say they were excited but wanted to get it over with already.

"Now would be a good time." Jimin said as he pushed Hoseok towards their direction. Hoseok began heading towards them to talk to them and distract them.

Taehyung shook his bangs and combed it a bit with his fingers. "Do I look alright?"

"Yes. Even if your hair was messed up, she would still think you're cute." Seokjin laughed.

"You all know this is my first time doing something like this, right?" Taehyung asked.

"And you're nervous?" Namjoon raised a brow. "You're not asking the girl out, man. Chill."

"They're looking away! They're facing the back, or to Hoseok. It's our chance." Seokjin nudged Taehyung and they all nodded as they quickly ran over in front of Seo Rin and her friends who were all too busy talking to Hoseok. People saw the guys running with the poster and the big teddy bear which attracted their attention and a crowd slowly began to from. Namjoon thankfully was able to record them running without any trouble from the crowd though and continued to record.

The guys began to unroll the poster, which said "Happy ( belated ) Birthday, Seo Rin!" in big, nice handwriting with a few doodles. Taehyung stood at the end with the big teddy bear in hand and smiled excitedly as the other guys held the poster with excited expressions on their faces.

"Hey Seo Rin. Can I ask you to do something?" Hoseok asked when he saw the guys ready behind the girls.

Seo Rin furrowed her brows and nodded. "Yeah sure."

"Can you turn around for me?" Hoseok asked. Some of Seo Rin's friends were already gasping and squealing in excitement because they had noticed the crowd and turned around before Seo Rin did.

Seo Rin did what she was told though and turned around, immediately covering with her hands in shock. Her lips curved into a big smile as her cheeks flushed a light pink shade. Taehyung walked towards her and held his arms out with her teddy bear.

"Happy birthday, Seo Rin. I know I'm late but I hope this'll make up for it." he smiled as he rubbed his nape sheepishly.

She immediately threw her arms around him and hugged him tightly. "Thank you! Thank you so much." she pulled away and held the teddy bear in her hands. "This is honestly the best present I've ever gotten."

Taehyung's smile immediately grew bigger. "It is? Ah, I'm glad you liked it."

"I did. I liked it a lot." she grinned.

The crowd around them cooed with 'aw's and 'that's so cute'. A lot of people had no idea that Taehyung had this side to him.

"Happy belated birthday, Seo Rin!" Jimin yelled from his spot at the poster and so did the other boys.

She laughed and thanked them. "Thank you."

"There's not much to see now." Namjoon said as he turned to the crowd. "You can all go now. Thanks for your attention though." he bowed as the crowd began to walk away and go back about their business.

"We'll give you two time alone now. Um-" Seokjin said as he nudged the guys and Seo Rin's friends to leave as he rolled the big 'happy birthday' poster up and handed it to Seo Rin before leaving with the others.

"Bye Seo Rin. We'll see you tomorrow." her friend grinned as she patted her shoulder before walking off.

Taehyung chuckled and cleared his throat. "Well..."

Seo Rin smiled as she looked down at the ground shyly before looking back up to meet eyes with Taehyung. "Thank you. I'm really really happy. This made my day, as you can tell." she laughed a bit.

"Oh, it did? I'm glad. You have no idea how nervous I was before walking over." he laughed.

"I can tell." she placed a hand on his cheek. "Your cheeks are still red."

Taehyung placed both of his hands on her cheeks and laughed. "Yours are too."

She pulled her hand back to her side. "Hm, I had a feeling."

"Sorry, if you didn't really want a big deal out of your birthday by the way. I know how much attention we caused." Taehyung chuckled, remembering the big crowd that had gathered around them.

"It's fine. I don't mind anything as long as I'm with you."


Word Count: 1334.
Long time, no see! LOL. I originally started this back around my birthday in 2013...
and finished in 2014. This shows how bad my procrastinating is.
Well anyways, sorry if some parts were confusing or hard to imagine.
I'm assuming that the scene before they went up to Seo Rin & her friends was hard to imagine so...
Well yeah! LOL. Hope you enjoyed that and I shall see you soon! Thanks for reading.

P.S Yeah yeah! I know I still need to work on my endings but I rushed this one a bit OTL.