Chapter 11

We Got Married: The Story of a Princess and her Servant [Moving + Rewriting Story to AO3]

The homes were silent and peaceful, after a hectic first day, everyone knocked out right away, tired by everything that happened. The sun was rising on the horizon, shooting through an open window, awakening a certain tomboy from her sleep.

As Amber carefully got off of the bed, she tucked in her "wife" and closed the curtains, smiling at the serene look on her face and walked downstairs to the kitchen to make  some food for herself. After brewing a cup of coffee and whipping up some eggs, pancakes and toasted bread, Amber sat herself down in front of the TV and began to watch the Saturday morning cartoons. After a few minutes, she began to flip through the channels, looking for something interesting to watch when she noticed WGM was playing, seeing herself interact and be together with her own group mate made her embarrassed and the commentaries were no help at all.

After noticing something strange, Amber began to rewatch the first two episodes they released. In both episodes, it's like she sees one of her friends in the background always checking on her and Krystal, making sure nothing goes wrong.

She felt her eyelids grow heavy and drifted off to sleep, only to be awoken by the Keroro theme song and people arguing over the food she made earlier. Beside her was Seohyun, who was so into her cartoon that she didn't notice Amber wake up and in the kitchen was Sooyoung and Yoona, arguing who could have the last pancake. Watching her unnies childish behaviors made her smile, so she decided to make more food for everyone currently in the house.


After cleaning up after they ate, the artists lazed around the large living room, anxious to see who was going to arrive today. Once more, WGM began to play on the television and everyone crowded around the TV, wanting to see how well the couple looked on TV. In the middle of the episode, they turned back to look at the pair, who was nowhere to be found.

At the same time, Amber and Krystal sneaked out of the house in their swimsuits to meet who was arriving. After waiting only 10 minutes, a short bus stopped in front of them, the Invincible Youth 2 cast running out to meet the pair.

"Guys! Let's get your stuff to the house first, I'll bring it over, so you guys can start to play in the water already." Amber offered as the girls struggled to get their bags into Amber's arms.

As thanks, the girls yelled "Amber, SARANGHAE!~" Making the latter blush.

Slowly, Amber walked back to the house with all eyes on her. Looks ranging from 'where'd you go?' to 'I'm going to kill you', although Jessica was the only one who had that last expression.

"umm, the Invincible Youth Girls are here to play today.." Amber explained.

Jessica scrunched her nose "Just the girls’ right? I don't want Boom to be here."

Amber beamed "Unnie, I don't think they would bring him here, all of us know how big of a crush he has on you guys. So let's have fun today!"


Everyone changed into their beachwear and escaped do their his/her own thing, the boys and Amber ran off to one side of the beach to explore the rest of the area, while all the girls were playing beach volleyball, sunbathing or playing in the waves.

At one side, the tomboy was being questioned by her friends, while they all entered a secret tunnel the found an hour ago. On the other, the young princess was being questioned by her friends as they played volleyball.

Although both separated, both parties seemed to go through similar tidings and feelings, their faces turning red at the same moment even though the other was nowhere in sight.

"Amber, aren't you and Krystal left alone at the dorm a lot? What do you guys even do?" Donghae questioned the younger one. "I mean, the last time we were there, you guys had like no games at all."

"We talk, sometimes we don't even do that. We just be together I guess? We're just happy to be near each other, I don't know how to explain it..."


"...It's like, I found a missing part of me. She just fits perfectly and we're just comfortable together, it works. Amber's one of the best people in my life." Krystal spiked the ball over the net.

"So I'm guessing you guys confessed to each other already?" Bora served

Yewon looked at her team mate, "Are you serious? I don't think they did. Not yet."

Jessica scoffed and bumped the ball over the net “Why do you guys even care about their relationship to be."

Sunhwa hit it back "Why do we care? Amber always talks about you guys during breaks; she's like a little puppy waiting for her owner."

The volleyball fell in front of Krystal "D-does she really? What does she say about us?" Krystal picked up the ball

"Not telling!" Suzy and Jiyoung stuck out their tongue at their friend.

"What why?"

"You wouldn't want to know. Too embarassing."


"Hyung..." Amber stopped.

Noticing the younger one's discomfort, Donghae and Jonghyun turned around "Amber, what's wrong?"

"Do you have to go?" Jonghyun tilted his head.

"Hyung, we're not lost right?"

"What, no! What makes you say that?"

Amber turned around and pointed into the darkness. "I think I heard some rocks fall..."

"You're just hearing things!" Donghae grabbed the younger one and continued walking, to be honest. He heard those same sounds earlier, but no one else noticed. Now he just wanted to find the exit and leave the cave alive.


After another hour, the boys and Amber were even deeper into the cave and the girls decided to go look for them.

"I understand being late 30 minutes or so, but a whole hour without a single message or call? They must've forgotten. “Krystal pouted and linked arms with Sulli as they walked the same direction the boys left just hours ago. By the time they reached the opening of the cave, the sun was high in the sky and the girls were getting hungry from playing so much.

Yuri touched the entrance of the cave "This wasn't blocked this morning..."

"What do you mean it wasn't blocked, this is the cave they went in?" Krystal shook Yuri "This cave has been closed down because it was the cause of many accidents in the past!"

"...No, that can't be." Yuri shook her head. "An ahjumma told us that it was safe to go, it was even unblocked..."

"Kwon Yuri, bring us to that ahjumma." Krystal gulped. Amber Liu, please come out safely...

Yuri led the girl to the house of the ahjumma and was shocked at the state of it, the home was barely standing, the windows were broken, and there was graffiti all over the place. "Krys, I swear this was the place...Something must've happened..."

"All we can do now is wait for them back at the house and hope they're safe." Krystal felt a tear slide down her cheek.


Frightened by a noise, the boys sprinted off ahead of Amber nearly peeing their pants, leaving her all alone.

"This little adventure with the boys could've been a lot better..." Amber shivered; a chill went down her spine.

Amber continued to follow the path when she tripped on something; she flashed the light on it and read it aloud. "Group of teenagers found half dead on beach, evidence points to a mysterious cave..." the rest of the article was unreadable...

A few feet ahead, Amber noticed a young girl crying on the floor. "Little princess, are you okay? Let me help you, come and get on my back. I'll carry you to the beach outside okay?" She wrapped the girl in her jacket "It might be thin, but it should still help a little bit."

The little girl was no longer weeping when Amber picked her up, stray tears wetting Amber's tank top. "It's okay, don’t cry anymore. I'll get the both of us out of here, don't you worry your pretty little head."

Amber began to quietly sing songs to soothe the girl and herself, she had to get the little girl out no matter what. For what seemed like hours, Amber trudged along the path, singing and comforting the girl when she noticed a bright light. "That must be it! The exit! Now we just have to find your family! Isn't that great?" Amber smiled.

As soon as she stepped into the light, she felt dizzy and collapsed. She fought to get up with all her strength, but she failed. Within seconds Amber was knocked out on the floor, the little girl she saved was nowhere to be found, her thin jacket placed on a small statue with newly bloomed flowers. Beneath them a plaque, Madam Kodama, 1930-2000.


Jessica hugged her sister tightly when they heard high-pitched screams. All the boys of SM tumbled onto the floor, their faces paled, as if they just heard a ghost.

Krystal went straight to them "Where is she? Where's Amber?"

"Amber is right here..." Donghae turned around, but couldn't find his friend. "...that's impossible, she was right here the whole time..."

Krystal was going mad, of all the times Amber decides to go missing again, it's here. At some unnamed mystery beach... she walked near the entrance to the cave when Jonghyun pulled her back "Don't you dare Soojung-ah."

For hours, they waited for Amber to come out, but she never did. So they decided to go back to the house, a small sliver of hope would be that Amber's there at the front porch waiting for them. Jessica and Krystal saw their friends walk back to the house, neither of them wanted to think of what could've happened to Amber.

The two of them were about to give up also when they heard a small, weak voice and a thump on the ground. A dirty, sweaty, cold Amber Liu fainted on the cool sand outside the cave. The sisters rushed to the tomboys side and hugged each other. Amber was safe and sound, she was back with them. The two mentally taking note to never leave her with the boys in an area they didn't know.

They dragged Amber back to the house and called their friends, with their teary, snot-covered faces, they hugged Amber's limp body and hoped for the best while the sisters put her to bed.


Before she awoke, Amber heard a small voice. "Thank you for noticing me and taking care of me. A small person with a giant heart, I thank you and give you happiness for all eternity.

She jumped up; the voice was unknown to her, yet still comforting. Carefully, Amber got out of her bed when Krystal opened the door to their room. The younger one was so happy to see her awake she jumped onto her friend and hugged her tightly "Never, ever, ever leave me again."

"I won't. I'll protect you for the rest of my life."


After Amber's incident, everyone decided they wanted to go back home and save their vacation days for later on. So that night, the artists prepared a huge meal to bid the beach goodbye and remember the memories they made, even though it was only for three days.


A/N: Hope you enjoyed this update! As always, comments are appreciated~

Next time (Ch. 13) we'll meet WGM's second couple!
Any suggestions?