Stranger.

Sherlock

-JONGHYUN'S POV-

The only sound I could hear right now was the rain pounding on the pavement. I didn't expect it to be so gloomy and...wet since we had to go somewhere... Oh well. Work is work. No matter how painful and boring it is. I heard a little yawn from Key who met up with me this morning in front of my office building. 

"Man, this rain comes out no where..." Key said as he ran under a small structure of the building.

"Well,mother nature is crying. Maybe you did something to upset her Key.."

"What?! I did nothing!... I think.." I let out a soft laugh because of his response.

" You keep telling yourself that.." I took out an umbrella and let it open, spreading wide to block out the tears of the sky. 

"You don't have an umbrella?" I asked once I took notice of an unprotected Key. 

"No..Like I said, the rain came out of no where!"

"Well,you should pay attention more to the sky. Or the weather channel." 

"Tch..weather channels are just stupid predictions.." I heard him mutter as I took a step out in the rain.

"Well then...just trust your instincts. Now come on! Before I leave you."

Key joined me under the umbrella.The fact that we were really close was just a little awkward.. It feels like one of those dramas. I decided to pick up the pace to my car so we can let this moment fade. Hopefully away. The moment we were at the car, I had realized that I had to "" Key. Yep...awkward.. 

...

I let out the breath I held in, unaware that I even held my breath in the first place, in the car. For some reason..these kind of stuff makes me feel uncomfortable... During the whole car trip, it was silent. Dead silent. Only the sound of the outside world came to our hearing. I coughed to break the silence and it seemed to work.

"Jonghyun, do you really like your job?" Key questioned. I glanced at him for a moment. His eyes were straight ahead.

"Well.. At times.It can be a pain,but as long as it pays good..." 

"I see..."

"You're new,right? Out of all the jobs,why this?"

"I don't know.. I just took it without thinking.. but I have no regrets."

"That's good.."

...And we're back to silence. The moment we arrived at the location, I was able to breath a little more freely. I took the used umbrella and went to get Key too. We walked in front of the motel again and noticed how it looked even more dismal and dreary. As Key and I walked closer, we noticed a man with a gray hoodie over his head. The stranger was standing in front of the old building. Of course it looked suspicious. But we decided to go in anyway. But I noticed Key eyeing him oddly. 

" He seems... " Key whispered to me.

"Suspicious? Weird? Pedo-Like?" 

"..Yeah."

I rolled my eyes and continued to walk to Jessica's assigned room. Seeing it again reminds me of the mysterious text message. Come to think of it, who exactly is it? I sighed and looked around the room again. Finding the golden jewelry was simple, since it was right in front of our eyes. I looked around the area and found nothing special. Key picked up the pearl necklace and examined it closely. His eyebrows furrowed and made me wonder what he discovered.

"What is it Key?" I said heading to him and looking at the necklace.

"I see letters on each pearl."

"Letters?"

"Yeah,see? S-T-R-A-N-G-E-R"

"Stranger? Could it be?" My mind flashed to the man in the gray hoodie. He seemed suspicious so... 

"Come on,Key. We're going to say 'hi' to a stranger," 

"W-what?" 

We went down in front and back in the rain. This time no umbrella, we had no time. We saw the man walking away and we ran right in front of him, stopping the man in his tracks. Under the hood,I could see a faint smirk. With the heavy rain pouring and all, I can hardly see. But I kept a straight face. The man took out a piece of paper in a plastic cover and handed it to me. I looked at it with Key peering over my shoulders. I looked up to see the man disappearing from my sight and I motioned Key to walk back to the car. 

Once we were in the car, we realized how we were all soaking wet. But my attention was toward the paper. I read the topic and frowned a little before setting that paper to the side and turning on the engine.

What does Lee Onew have to do with this?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: WOW.. I didn't expect to finish a chapter. XDD  Oh well ,that's good :] I guess this chapter's length is reasonable..shorter than usual though XD

ugh i have school tomorrow... -sigh-   -_-

ok well , see you later~

Comment=♥ No Silent Readers!

~Dia is Out!~