Victim

Sherlock

-JONGHYUN'S POV-

A graveyard...

Two stone pillars with a broken light ontop.Between the pillars was a metal,rusted gate with some of its black paint chipped off.. The gate to the spirit world... Trees surrounding the cold dead stones that lies on the ground in an uneven pattern. Deathbeds placed everywhere. A cold breeze blew and made the gate open slightly. Taking the offer, Key opened it fully and walked in.

"K-Key, what are you doing?" I called out to him. After no response, I had to follow.

I caught up to him and stayed behind him while scanning the whole area. The smell of dead poisoned the cemetery. Dead flowers were on old graves while there were no sight of new flowers on abandoned graves. A statue of an angel resting its hands on a cross guards the place.  Of course,leave it to a graveyard to give the creepy factor.

My eyes were somewhere else that I didn't notice Key stopped walking, causing me to bump into his back. I looked at his expressionless face. He didn't talk the whole way. He just led me to a freakin' graveyard and stopped in front of a grave. 

"Jonghyun..." Key finally said something.

"What is it?"

"You said you suspected Onew for everything right?"

"Yeah..."

"I beg to differ. Take a look at this certain gravestone,"

Key pointed to the rock. I gave him a weird look and knew what he meant. 

Onew's grave...

"So he did die..."

"So it's probably not Onew.But that doesn't mean it's not him. It could still be his plan,but someone else is doing his work."

"Possibly.."

There's a chance it's not Onew then. Then who is it? This case has has turned.

"Key? How'd you...Why'd you... Just explain what happened a few minutes ago,"

"I.. thought I saw a girl... Jessica Jung.."

"...Keep going."

"While we were walking pass the cemetery,I took a quick glance here. I saw a girl with a black and brown dress. Dark chocolate eyes and hair. She looked like Jessica. She walked away so I followed her. She would disappear in my sight every time I looked at her directly. In the corner of my eyes I can see her dress flowing behind tall gravestones or trees. Last time I saw her was right here. In front of this grave..."

"Hm..interesting.."

Silence was all I heard. It's as if time stood still. I couldn't hear the rain pouring either. Being deaf is not my thing. I couldn't hear a thing... not even my own heartbeat. I looked at Key once again to see his head facing down at the grave. The rain wanting to drown us both. Everything was silent and slow. A quick ring from my phone stopped the strange pause. A message was sent to  me. This time not my own number. But by a normal number. It looked slightly familiar. I took a quick glance at Onew's grave and realized the number. Onew's death date is the stranger's phone number. It couldn't just be a coincidence. 

To: -------
From: -------

A surprise is waiting for you.
At the train station which happens to be new.
This might be the answer for this case.
Now quickly go. No time to waste.

"..C'mon Key. We're going to another train station."

----------------------------------------------

We ran down the stairs of the subway. The white clean station was filled with people gathered in one particular area. With our curious minds, Key and I walked to the the hoard of people.

"Yo! Move it! Officers here!" I heard Key yell as he held his badge to prove it.

The group dispersed to reveal a dead man lying on the ground. Blood splattered everywhere including the walls too. Just like how we say Jessica's room. I kneeled down to the man. Blood running from his eyes,nose,and mouth. I eyed the corpse and took a glove from my pocket. Yes, I have to keep gloves with me. I carefully took the mans wallet from his leather jacket. I found the ID that laid in the wallet. 

"Choi Minho. 19. Found dead today,I guess," I reported to Key as he stood behind me.I examined the person more and came across something new. 

Ic.

"Key..this guy is marks Ic."

"What?!"

"His neck. It says 'Ic' right there.Minho is just another victim of Ic. And if there is a new victim, then Jessica must be...."

"Stop right there."

"What?"

"The blood seems fresh. Ic must still be around here. We got to survey the area,quickly."

"...You're right. The other police with handle this dude. We have another case on our hands."

------------

We ran everywhere. We sprinted here. We sprinted there. When there was no train coming by we ran across. Even if it got us in trouble or not. The moments seems to go by fast. Key and I separated to cover more ground. The thought of having Ic in the same place as us was stimulating.The answer seemed so close,but yet so far.

A loud rustling noise was coming closer and closer. A train came by and stopped right in front of me. A crowd of people were bustling to the train. I spotted a man. The man in a black robe with a hood on. And right there I knew. I knew. I tried walking through the crowd. Pushed and pulled in many directions. I reached out my hand to the man. But I retracted it once I heard my named being called by a familiar voice.

"Jonghyun!!"

I turned around to the owner of the voice.Key! I saw Key being pulled into the train,unable to get out in open space. His hand reaching out to me. I attempted to walk closer trying to grab his hand. 

"Key!"

I reached with all my might until I felt something pull me away from him.. Seeing him being pulled away from me and into the deadly train. The same train where Ic is on.  The crowd disappeared into the train. I saw Key at the window of the train, pounding his fist against the door. Pounding even if he already knows it won't open.

Damn.

Damn.

"DAMN IT!!" 

I ran to the train and slammed my hands repeatedly on the steel death trap myself," OPEN THE ING DOOR!! KEY!! GET OFF AT THE NEXT STOP! YOU HEAR ME? THE NEXT STOP! I'LL BE WAITING!"

I saw him nod with a tear trickling down his face. The thought of us being separated must've hurt him.

Just like how it hurts me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: yay~ i updated~ :D

i kinda regret looking up cemetery pics. I needed to so i know how to describe the graveyard they were in. so..i kinda regret it.. O_O 

no key! jonghyun! my jongkey is apart!! ;A;

anyway, HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY~♥

-sigh- finals comin' up!  what my friend said: Is there a painless way to stop breathing? So I don't have to take the tests?" XDD

agreed.

Comments=♥ No Silent Readers!

~Dia is Out!~