One Step Closer to the Truth

Sherlock

-JONGHYUN'S POV-

"Woah! No sleep last night? Lee Onew kept you up? Well, you look like a zombie" Key said in a surprised voice when he saw me at my desk.

"Tch. Thanks for the compliment.." I joked," But yeah, Onew's profile kept me up,"

"What do you mean by profile?"

"Seriously, is asking questions all you do?!"

"Well,sorry!" Key pouted and crossed his arms. I rolled my eyes and sighed.

"Okay,okay, just come here," He looked at me again,looking like nothing happened and came towards.

"The piece of paper the man gave us is Onew's profile. Explaining even more details about him. This one important detail that even our best workers couldn't get."

"What deta-... sorry," He looked away a little embarrassed, but I just chuckled and smiled.

"It's alright. So it turns out that Onew is a drug dealer."

"A drug dealer... Do you think Onew's the one that drugged Jessica and kidnapped her?"

"Possibly. But he's supposed to be dead... Maybe. Onew's our main suspect though,dead or not."

"Achoo!" I flinched from the sudden sneeze and looked at Key.

"Sick? Sorry about yesterday," 

"Dragging me out in the rain without an umbrella.. yeah, better be sorry."

"You may be new and all, but my coworkers should have told you that I do some crazy stuff," I started chewing on the toothpick in my mouth and furrowed my eyebrows on what I was reading.

"No kidding... and what in the world are you looking at? ?"

"Hell no, that's my coworker Eunhyuk." Key rolled his eyes and went behind my chair.

"Another clue?" Key pointed out.

"Yeah... Written right there. The expression 'Look between the lines' is literal in this case."

The building is full of dust
However, the neighbor building never rust
It's gold shall never be trouble
Unless you'll find the place in rubble
The same place where 2 popular roads meet
Will definitely experience some heat.

"2 buildings. 1 full of dust. The other full of gold. At 2 popular roads.." 

"Does it mean that rich hotel at the two roads that always have traffic? It's also next to an old abandon building..."

"Yeah... That could be it. Key,that's the smartest thing you've said so far." I commented as I took my keys and coat.

"Yah!"

----------------------

We arrived at the hotel after that long line of traffic on the road. Popular? Yeah,I guess that makes sense. I saw wealthy,snobby people walk in and out of the 100- something floor building. Damn..that's huge.. Doesn't look so stable though since its long and slim. One blow from an earthquake and this building could go downhill. 

"Now what? What do we do from here?"

Once Key said that,my phone vibrated. I noticed a text message was sent by me. Again,how is it possibly me?

From: --------
To:--------

In horror movies, what place is commonly used to hide and kill as the murder in a house?
Hint: besides the basement.
Hint 2: employees only.

If I was a murderer, what place will I hide to kill? The closet? Maybe..

"Hey Key, what place is commonly do murders usually hide to kill in houses. You know, horror movies?"

"Why are you asking me that at this time?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Just answer,"

"Hmm...the bathroom?"

"..Alright, to the hotel's employee's bathroom."

"What!? What if a killer is there!?" 

"What if a magical unicorn that grants all your wishes is there?"

"Psh,a unicorn?"

"Psh, a killer?" I chuckled at his sigh after I mocked him.

--

We secretly,but normally walked past the people at the counter. We can't get anyone suspicious of what we're doing. They might freak out. Have you ever heard someone say " Hey,can we go in to your bathroom? Thank you,have a nice day~!" Seriously, after hearing that,your nice day will be totally interrupted. Walking down the halls was not a problem, but heading to the stairs, yep,problem. If someone caught us, it wil be trouble even if we show our badges. Another side conflict is that, this hotel might not even have a basement. We opened the door that headed to the room where the workers stay, careful of people seeing us. We walked in and breathed normally until we realized we needed an ID card to go through. What if a zombie apocalypse was happening,huh? Survivors would need this room without a card!

"Goddamn it." I bit down on my toothpick hard.

"Stay here, I'm gonna go get a guard's ID." Key instructed as he slowly opened the door.

"And how are you gonna do that?" 

"Simple, by telling that unicorn a wish~" He said smiling reassuringly.

"Unicorn,my ."

-----

I sat in the hall beside the room,waiting for Key. It's been 20 minutes. God, why so long? I began banging my head on the wall beside me to make time go faster. That just made me dizzier instead.

"Hello~" Key greeted,holding the ID card in his hands.

"What took you so long!? And how did you get it?"

"Don't yell! Plus, it was actually pretty hard. I had to 'kidnap' a guy" He did the air quote motion for "kidnap".

"What. Do.You.Mean.By. Kidnap." I said through my gritted teeth. 

"I just took him to the maid,cleaning closet, which by the way is huge, and knocked him till he passed out. From then ,I took his keys.And relax, no trouble."

I sighed at his carefree personality, "Just open the door,"

One swipe of the card, and the light went to green. The door unlocked and we opened it. The place was unexpectedly dark, but yet some lights were on. Tanks were in rows and pipes above us were in a pattern that looked like a maze. We walked around and Key would jolt from the sudden steam that blew out. This is not exactly a worker's place and bathroom.We found the bathroom and opened it cautiously, since we had no idea what to expect. This time , both of us jolted once a phone was ringing. Key dug through his pocket and looked at me. 

"My number. Why is my number calling me?"

"Hmmm, pick up and put it on speaker," Following my instructions,Key pressed the green button.

"Welcome Second Sherlock! Sorry I can't be there right now." A female voice said on the other side of the phone line. Her voice was sounded like those crazy mad . We looked at each other weirdly as she continued.

"Aha...Still,since you've come all this way, I have to at least entertain you. You should see 1 bomb before you. They explode in 10 minutes. Go and get help or even go out this room. Boom~! Bye-bye. But calling the phone attached to the bomb will deactivate it. The numbers are eight-digits. Of course the numbers are a secret! There are hints in the bathroom. Now,crawl to your knees in desperate search! Now..let's begin the game. The first bomb's hint is those nearby. Try to turn KQJQ into an eight-digit number. Close the curtains and think slowly if you have to. Now, good luck~"

"God, that women. Who is she?" Key gave a disgusted look.

"Now's not the time. In 10 minutes those bombs will explode.Down goes the building.. The first hint is KQJQ. 'Close the curtains and think slowly..' Hmm.."

"Those bathroom curtains! The design is playing cards. K for king. Q for queen. J for jack." Key explained.

"Nice! But how do you turn that into an eight-digit number.." 

"...That's kinda difficult.."

-FLASHBACK-

"How come you keep winning,Kyuhyun?" I said in defeat as I placed the cards down.

"You can only win if you know your cards. Do you know why I love the 'King'?" 

"Why?"

"It represents 13. 13 represents my friends and I"

"And you're telling me this why?"

"Because that's how I 'know' my cards,"

"Hmm, what's queen and jack?"

"Queen is 12, Jack is 11"

"I see..."

-END OF FLASHBACK-

"That's it.." I said as I picked up the phone along with the bomb.

"W-what? AND BE CAREFUL WITH THAT BOMB." He yelled.

"Calm down!"

"How can I?! Do you even know the numbers?!" 

"Do you know what cards you're playing?" I smirked.

"W-what?"

"The numbers are... 13121112." 

*Beep Beep*

The red color from the screen went to pitch black. 

"The bomb's deactivated." 

"No way.. You..are really good.."

"Opinions...Now lets go out-"

"Oh, you solved my first bomb? Well fine, You win~ This round. See you next time, expect a little call from me someday." The strange female voice hissed.

"Hmm, now we can go. Let's rest from here until we get that call,"

"Yep! I'm still amazed on how you did that puzzle!" I sighed,but smiled.

 

Wouldn't be able to do it if it wasn't for Kyuhyun-hyung. "Thanks..."I said to the sky in my head. Today has been a past of memories..  Kyuhyun,Sungmin-hyung,Donghae-hyung, Eunhyuk-hyung... They gotta be proud of me. I wonder if being dead is fun? Those four must be having the time of their lives up there... Well,so am I, with Key.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: okay, i didn't expect to update today too. if anyone of you guys recognize any of these puzzles, then just saying that they are really helpful XD

yes,yes, i mentioned suju members in here XD and yes yes, the four are dead.;A; some how... they were past detectives. at the top of the company before jonghyun became a detective. apparently they died  \(;~;)/  and jonghyun made it to the top.

Comments=♥ No Silent Readers~!

~Dia is Out!~