Note.

Sherlock

 

-JONGHYUN'S POV-
 
"Aish.."
 
I took another look at the pictures,forgetting the clock for awhile. Fingerprints were smudged on the wall. Jessica being dragged? Was she so desperate to hold onto her life,but to be dragged anyway? Possibly the criminal had enough of her act and drugged her. Thus, making her pass out, and then calmly take her aw-
 
"Kim Jonghyun, someone's here for you," the women at the counter said using the speakers attatched to my office. 
 
I pressed the red button and replied to her," Alright,send them up."
 
I propped my feet on my desk and continued observing the photos. It's my office, I don't need to make a good impression on people. The slight knocking on the door alerted me for who's coming in. The wooden door opened and revealed-
 
"Oh.. Key. What do you need?" I said once the lather took a seat in front of me. Key placed yet another folder down onto the table. Yep..a lot of files and photos.
 
-KEY'S POV-
 
I came in to see Jonghyun,looking like someone who doesn't care about anything, yet he still does his work. All I can say is.. he looked..charming.
 
"Oh..Key. What do you need?" He said when I sat down. Isn't it obvious?
 
"I have the results. For the fingerprints and blood." I responded.
 
"Ok, hit me,"
 
"The blood was not Jessica's. In fact, it was another person's. It's a man. Goes by the name of  Lee Jinki. Also known as Onew. We looked deeper into his profile and discovered he was killed yesterday. People later found his body out 17 kilometers near the bank of a river.His relation to Jessica was a friend. So we think." I explained to Jonghyun. His expression was serious as he listened carefully.
 
"Hmm...What about the fingerprints?"
 
"They were Jessica's. She must've been dragged out,like we said."
 
"But we're not so sure. I'm still questioning about the accelerant we found near the ashes of the room,"
 
"If they were using the fire to cover up clues, it didn't work. Since we were able to find blood and prints."
 
"Perhaps, they were using it to draw our attention to a fake fire. 
 
"W-what do you mean by fake fire?"
 
"Figure it out. You're a detective. Aren't you?"
 
"Of course,I am. I should have told you that I'm a low rank one"
 
"Gosh..maybe they did send help. A low detective making a high detective show his skills. I guess it makes sense."
 
"Just tell me already."
 
"It didn't really burn. There was no actual fire. If there was a fire, people would have called the fire department, or at least try to put it out. Witnesses would have told us about it,too. There is no reason to not tell us. We found accelerant, oil or gas, that would have been gone because of the hungry fire. But yet we found it.."
 
"That's pretty smart,Jonghyun. I didn't think about it. As expected from someone like you."
 
"Like I said, just doing my job."
 
I chuckled. Jonghyun is like the second Sherlock Holmes. But this case is pretty difficult. Will he be able to solve it..? Wait.. Of course he can. It's only difficult to me because I'm a low rank. My mind was diverted to this object on his table. An alarm clock?
 
"Hey, Jjong.. what's that?" I said,pointing to the clock.
 
"Jjong?" He question, an eyebrow raised at the new pet name.
 
"It's much easier to say!" I pouted. He sighed and started explaining...once again.
 
"It's an alarm clock from the motel room. A clue basically. I'm still trying to find out about it." He said taking it out of the clear plastic bag and placing it in front of me." I examined the clock. It had intricate features to make it look antique. But there's something about it that seemed off.
 
"Well, did you find anything strange about it..?" Jonghyun asked after a few seconds of me staring into it.
 
"Nothing seems wrong..except.."
 
"Except what?" Jonghyun's voice raised up with curiosity. 
 
"Except the fact that it's going counter clockwise." 
 
"What..?" He picked it up and looked at it,eyes searching for an answer. 
 
"How come I didn't notice before..?There must be something wrong it." He turned it around,took a screw driver from his desk and began to open the back side. As he worked on opening it, I looked at the photos he had spread out. He's beginning to piece things together.. 
 
"Oh!" I looked at him and his 'Aha!' moment. 
 
"It's a note," I said as he pulled a old piece of paper. It was all wrinkly and yellow. The corners and edges were burnt also.
 
"Yes. Thank you for pointing that out, Mr. Obvious," I rolled my eyes at his sarcasm. Jonghyun set the note flat on the desk so we can both see. 
 
What is bright as the sun,but cold as Earth
Worn by women of value and worth
What is it?
 
"Worn by women? That's easy, jewelry." I said.
 
"Yeah..or gold," Jonghyun said leaving the last word trail off in a whisper.
 
"What do you mean by gold?"
 
"Gold. Jewelry. They were in Jessica's room. Something tells me to go back a the scene."
 
"Now?"
 
"Tomorrow. Right now I need to look over some stuff." He replied.
 
Jonghyun took the results and started reading over them. He works fast. His mind is very sharp and he learns things very quickly. I can hardly catch up.Jonghyun's already started piecing the puzzles together. He's not placing them gently, but he's gluing them together. It's almost like he's half way done with this case. 
 
"Yah, are you just gonna stand there or are you gonna help me?" his voice rang in my head. I looked at him for a moment and nodded,returning to look at some paperwork. 
 
Going back there,huh? What exactly did we miss?
~~~~~~~
A/N:Updated~! the riddle things can be so hard to find and make up. -sigh-  
...
wow(fantastic baby~) i don't have much to say today... O_O
mmk see you next time~
 
Comments=♥No Silent Readers~! They give me encouragement and give me the power to update often. 8D
 
~Dia is Out!~