Riddle and an Alarm Clock.

Sherlock

 

"Finally.. the knight comes out...I've been waiting.."
 
He picked up the white,marble,horse chess piece and placed it 2 spaces forward and 1 space to the right. So now it's in front of the bishop. 
 
"After using many useless pawns that can't do anything, they resort to him."
 
A smirk crept upon his lips and a small chuckle came.
 
 
 
-JONGHYUN'S POV-
 
"What the..." 
 
I was at my desk again. The important documents were spread all over my table. Several pictures lay neatly at the corner. I picked up one picture. It showed the victim smiling that famous smile. 
 
"Jessica Jung, 22 years old. Pretty young. Comes from a rich family. Easy target." I took one look at her profile and knew that she was probably easy to fool.  I then observed the photo of the crime scene with the clues and suspicious things. The crime scene, the room in a motel where Jessica mysteriously went missing. No sign of death though. Blood was scattered over the place though.Footprints and fingerprints were marked. Burnt ashes were in one area. These were no help whatsoever. I stood up from my chair,put the pictures and paper back in the folder. Grabbing my keys and coat, I headed out. I'm going to look at this personally.
 
------
 
I got out of my white ferrari 458,yep riding wealthy, and looked at the run down motel. Next to it was a bar. The smell of alcohol and cigarettes was in the area. I frowned at sight. I sighed to myself and walked in. The people look agressive and angry,but would look away once they would see me. I guess the toothpick thing scares people.. I continues to observe the place.Why would a delicate wealthy girl like Jessica be here? I walked up the stairs ,scanning the place for any suspects. I walked to the crime scene and went under the yellow do not cross tape. The room was bloody like the picture,but then my people said it wasn't Jessica's blood. Footprints,made by a man. But I doubt that it's Ic. I rolled my eyes.I sprayed the luminol* around mysterious places. Once I got out my ALS*, a blue light was shining on the spots I sprayed. Obviously,not from my ALS. I looked behind me to see someone smiling at me. He had light brown hair that were swayed to the side,but complimented the features of his face. His milky skin was present ,along with an eye smile and a carefree,but feminine grin. I eyed him for a moment and then he shut off his light. 
 
"There was hidden blood over there. But I heard that none of the blood in this room are Jessica's" the unknown man said.
 
"Umm...Who are you?" I asked. 
 
"My name is Kim Key. I'm from Seoul's NFS district 2. I'll be assisting you in this case," He bowed slightly.
 
"Hm, I thought they wouldn't give me help. But I guess this could work. My name is Kim Jonghyun-"
 
"I know.You're pretty popular in the detective world. They've given you the title 'Second Sherlock Holmes' "
 
"Err,Yeah. It's not a big deal. I'm just doing my job..." I commented. " So..fingerprints,eh?"
 
"Yeah," We walked closer to the clue and looked around it. Taking pictures and stuff. The fingerprints were smudged on the wall. As if...
 
"It seems as if the victim was dragged out of here," Key noted.
 
"Yeah...the victim must've tried to grab something in desperation to escape. It didn't work out so well.." 
 
"Oh..! Is this..?" Key exclaimed when he saw something near the prints. 
 
"That's Narcotic.A drug that causes sleep,reduce pain,and alters someone's mood."
 
"Do you think this is what they used to kidnap Jessica?"
 
"There's a chance.."
 
We continued to look around,spraying luminol,shining ALS, taking pictures, taking clues. We found accelerant* near the ashes of the place.Probably made a fire to cover up clues.Other than that, nothing else came up. Key headed out to put the clues in his car as I stayed in the room, frowning and glaring at the place. It's so dirty...Jessica might be dead,but she might be alive. The fingerprints need to be tested,but I also doubt that it's from Ic. I sighed. I walked around the room once more. I looked at everything carefully, not wanting to miss out on an important clue. I jumped a little when I heard my cell phone ring. It was a test message from....myself? It was my number,my caller id that sent myself,my own phone,a text message. Now this made me even more curious. I opened my phone,shining the light in my eyes. 
 
From: -----------
To:-----------
 
For some I go fast 
for others I'm slow. 
To most people, I'm an obsession 
relying on me is a well practiced lesson.
 
Oh..a riddle,huh? If I answer this..would it be the solution or the clue..? Some..fast..some..slow. Obsession, rely.. I looked around the room for help. What is it? Love? No.. Education..? Nah. That doesn't fit..
 
"Jonghyun, you're so slow! Hurry up! It's already been 10 minutes!" I heard Key yell up from the 1st floor.
 
Wait.. I'm slow? How would he know it's 10 minutes,by looking at his watch. That's relying on his clock.
 
...
 
....
 
...
 
 
TIME. That's it. Time.
 
I looked around the room once more. Then it hit me once I saw it. It was placed right in front of me the whole time. The alarm clock. It was ticking away. Each second. Each minute. It stood to watch everything. It timed everything. This took 5 minutes, this took 45 minutes, that took 3 hours,those took 8 hours. I walked to the alarm clock,picked it up and examined it. It wasn't the modern clock. It was the classic where when it's time, the thing in the middle would move quickly to hit the two bells on each side, making a loud ringing sound right next to your ear. The clock had a black cover on the outside. The inside with the numbers and hands was yellow. It made it look antique and vintage. Nothing seemed to be wrong with it. Maybe I was wrong... I set the clock back down,but then thought about it again. I knew I didn't have enough time to stay here and work out the clock and riddle. So I decided to take the clock with me. Might as well work on it back in the office. 
 
I walked down to see a frowning Key. "Sorry, Key. Had to look over things.."  He sighed in response.
 
"It's fine.. I need to take the fingerprints and blood samples to the lab for testing. Is that okay?" He asked 
 
"Yeah, just make sure to come to my office later with a results. Or I may need your help on something." I said and Key nodded as an answer.
 
We both went to our cars. I put all the stuff I gathered in a black case. Putting the alarm clock in a small plastic see-through bag,just in case. Double protection. As I drove back to my office, the riddle was taking up the space in my mind. Is it really time..? At the red light, I checked my phone for the riddle again. 
 
For some I go fast 
for others I'm slow. 
To most people, I'm an obsession 
relying on me is a well practiced lesson.
 
'For some I go fast' time flies when you're having fun. 'For others,I'm slow' let's say a student in school wants class to end, so time is slow. 'To most people,I'm an obsession'  yeah, at least everybody looked at the time. Constantly ,in fact. 'Relying on me is a well practiced lesson' people look at the time for their purpose,of course they need to know what time or when. I'm pretty sure it is time. 
 
I got out of my car,taking the clues and suspicious things with me. In my office, I laid all the stuff on the table.Blood samples and fingerprints went with Key. Speaking of Key,I need to talk with the director if he actually sent help. Leaving the thought for later, my thinking mind went back to the riddle and text message. How did my phone number sent me a text message. My number was filled in the 'from' and 'to' spot. Who sent me it.. I could track the number down,but that would send it back to me. Hacked? Possibly, but how? Should I text back the answer to..who? Myself. This is gonna be difficult..
 
"Aish.."
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*luminol: a substance used to illuminate fingerprints
*ALS: a light that is used to identify body fluids,narcotics,and fibers
 
A/N: yay update~ so.. um... it might be a late update for the first chapter, but i got lazy. -_- 
Shinee Sherlock mv came out~ my friends and I was like spazzing out so much. I love this concept~ XD Ok i think that is for now, bye,see you next time~!
 
Comments=♥No silent readers
 
~Dia is Out!~