Six: Knowing

The Blood in Your Veins
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter



You appear at the opening of the kitchen/dining room and pause at the sight of the beautiful men sitting there, but truthfully, your eyes wander to the one sitting at the head of the table. He's wearing long black pants and a jacket he lets rest on his shoulders with his brown, soft hair and his eyes which are now dark brown like coffee beans and you feel like you're about to collapse, oh my God. Everything inside of you trembles, and your eyes are glued to him. Your soulmate bond is fluttering between you, and you know, one hundred percent, that he's aware of it, too. Of your presence. But he doesn't bother turning around to look at you, and when you're about to storm up to him to pick a fight, Jongdae materialises in front of you, cutting your view of Mr. Gorgeous and stifling the anger quickly building up in your stomach.

For now.

You give Jongeae attention, already bored with the gigantic smile on his pretty face. If he thinks he can sway you by his beautiful self, then he is wrong. You have a completely different opinion about beauty; it does not simply mellow you out.

"Yes?" You question. He throws you another lovely smile, and he drags his eyes from the top of your head to your bare feet unclad with shoes, not like you minded; you always walked barefoot in your house.

"You look beautiful." He tells you, finally meeting your blank eyes, and you sigh, breaking yourself of your nonchlant demeanor. Honestly, you are just too tired.

"Yes, I look beautiful with my makeup free face and the body I didn’t shower for days. I'm sure I do." You drawl.

Jongdae's smile dims down, and he looks annoyed. "Can't you accept a compliment?"

You scoff. "Not when it's complete and utter bull."

He gives you a look. You are honestly not in the mood for playful banter; so you feel enough exhaustion to end this here. Your tiny excitement of before vaporing into thin air.

"Point me to where I will be sitting." You command, looking behind him at the large dining table and catching Chanyeol's eyes, in which he sends you a small smile that slightly decreased your sour feelings. You realize that Chanyeol's too precious for this world. Or maybe you're leaning on your judgments too quickly. You don't know these people, you remind yourself.

Jongdse does what he's been told. He walks towards the empty chair at the other end of the dining table and you meet eyes with Mr. Gorgoes. Your heart skips a beat, and your palms begin to sweat. You quickly look away. You had thought you're strong enough to maintain eye contact, but the reactions induced by the contact drops your knees downwards. You need to be stronger than this, for God's sake.

Thankfully, you have both Baekhyun and Chanyeol on either side of you, and taking yourself by surprise, your body is soothed by their presence enough to halt your internal shaking. You don't want to read into that so much.

Once Jongdae sits himself next to Chanyeol, you look at Mr. Gorgeous again, but he's staring Jongdae down so hard, you think the earth under him will split open and swallow him whole. Your previous anger builds up again; you feel it roar in your ears like a growing fire, or a thunder storm. You're trying so hard not to let your emotions take over you or show up in your face.

"Going behind my back now?" He says, his statement a question more than anything, and your body flushes red so hard at his icy tone, you're almost reduced to a strawberry. But you're not reacting out of embarrassment; rather your anger has shot up to the top so severely, you begin to dispel heat externally.

Jongdae sends him a cheeky grin, unafraid in the way Baekhyun has been. "Humans are social beings, Hyung. I'm sure we don't want her to die from suffocation, or worse, boredom."

Mr. Gorgeous doesn't sound very amused. "Is that so?"

"I can leave if it bothers you that much." You bite out, hoping your voice would bring his lazy, non amused eyes to you, and true to yourself, he looks at you, and the flush in your ears and the back of your neck intensfies.

His hair falls against his forehead in a way that you'd dscribe as effortless. His eyes are seconds away from glowing gold; you can see the yellowish hue merging into his iris. He's not smiling. He doesn’t look angry. His face has no expression whatsoever, his lips a thin line, but you know he must feel something. He can't be that much of a machine seeing as he induced playfulness from Jongdae and fear from Baekhyun, but you don't want to listen to your rational side, because everything that he shows you makes you wonder about him. The last time you wondered about someone was never, and to know you're beginning to show a sliver of interest towards someone only to be glared into by an unmoved rock; it makes you upset.

You honestly don't know how to feel. His absolute beauty doesn't make matters easy for you, too.

He ticks his head sideways. He seems to catch the deeper meaning behind your statement, and finally, he directs you with his words. "You may leave if you want. Know that vampires are very predatory creatures, and we won't stop every single one of them when they're decieved by the sweetness of your blood."

Your hands are forced into angry, tight fists. "I thought my blood is poisonous to vampires."

He raises a brow. "All they need is a single bite and a case of blood loss and you're gone."

You almost stands from your seat just so you can shake off some of the brewing rage bubbling within you. He hadn't been the best company, you realize, but you also understands that he's a stranger and that he doesn't owe you any personality alteration or kidness. You appear very rude to strangers too, so you understand his unkempt self, or his unsavory personality. You don't judge him. Or you try to, but the soulmate bond is making things really difficult for you.

You take every word he says at face value. You realized the second you knew he was your soulmate that he'd change things about you; twist your rationality so hard he makes a 180 rotation. You thought, at that moment, that you'll be able to avoid this faith, or at least harness the emotions brewing in a good way. But your hard, unadulterated rage is anything but a good thing, and you don't want him to know that; that he has such a big grip on you.

You don't like being used.

And he said he'd let you get attacked; let you die. Even if he said it to prove a point. You feel your heart drop.

"What is wrong with you?" You find yourself asking, eyes furrowed so hard you almost see double.

He doesn't seem to understand which place he defecated in. "Is there something wrong with me?"

"Yes, there is, you're under the delusion you can control my fate."

He shrugs, or at least you think he did. His shoulders were naturally broad, and the jacket on top doesn't help your vision. He is just too kept together to see any fractions in his shape. "Delusions are justified through collective agreement."

You almost take a hold of the knife beside your plate and threaten him with it. "So I can leave this house but I'm also under the threat of death if I do?"

"I'm under no obligation to ontrol your fate," his voice hasn't risen even once. He doesn’t shout. He doesn’t even seem to be fueled by anger the way you are. You don't see a single glitch in his face, but the way he said that just now; his voice has gotten incredibly low. You almost fail to notice it. "You knew of the fate you fell under ever since you were born, no? I'd assume you are smart enough to have accepted it."

"So you know who I am." You say, defeated, and you feel your fists loosen. Man, is your heart beating so fast. Which's embarrassing because everyone can hear.

"I know what you are."

"And what

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter