Five: Settling in

The Blood in Your Veins
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Baekhyun takes you upstairs to the last room on the left. You pass by so many doors you lose count on how many rooms the second floor has. You walk behind him with a scowl, frustration so strong bubbling within you, an emotion you have absolutely no idea where it's stemming from. All you know is that you're lost; you don't know what happened to your family after the explosion, and you don't know if your-to-be husband has survived. You were taken by a group of men in the midst of choas so quickly you have no way of knowing the answers of these questions. And now you're here, in the midst of a vampire territory with a coven that say they're not holding you hostage, yet everything they say is a threat.

Why did those men take you, anywhay? And what caused the explosion? You don't know how a group of werewolves, with their inhuman strength and strong senses could fall victim to a terrorist attack; yet that's exactly what happened. You remember seeing bodies strewn around you in the seconds you were thrown across the wall, which meant there might be more. Why were you the only one taken? Did they know who you are? What you are? And if so, why did they travel to the other side of the world to a vampire territory? Who were they supposed to send you to?

If you returned home, will you find your family there? You doubted it; they were with you at that party, and if even you suffered massive injuries, their human bodies would probably suffer more. You don't want to think about it, but there might be a chance they didn't survive. And even if they did, you have no way of knowing it.

The room Baekhyun takes you to is bigger than your room at your house; a lot bigger. It has blue drapes the color of luis blue, soft and pastal and so very beautiful you find yourself gaping at the room like an idiot. There's a large king bed with the same color coverings, and a big vanity to the side. There's even a couch in the corner overviewing a big TV. There are two doors inside that you know for sure lead to a personal walking closet and a bathroom. Once again, you find yourself giving Baekhyun a look, wondering if all of this is real, and he scoffs at you, but there's a smug smile on his face.

"This wil be your room for... the unforeseeable future," Baekhyun tells you. He's standing awkwardly next to you as you take a look at the room. He keeps shooting you looks, as if wanting to say something to you but not knowing how. You only notice because you kept getting distracted from looking at the room by his fidgety self.

"What is it? Spit it out!" You huff at him, crossing your arms across your chest. You think he'll be offended by your rudeness and snuff you out, but he merely clears his throat.

"Sorry.. about drinking from you.. I could have made it a pleasurable experience for you, or did it gently... but I... wanted to scare you... which I realize now that you didn't deserve... is it okay for me to say... I apologise... for almost killing you... and causing you double the pain you were already feeling..?"

He's so awkward you almost smile at him, but seeing him fidget and avoid your stare because you're looking at him so coldly makes you want to mess with him.

"Is that so?" You hum, "so you knew you were being a menance and causing me enough pain to last me a life time, yet you didn't stop?"

He gives you a small look, and you realize his blue eyes has faltered into a soft, cocoa brown, and you blink again, forgetting all about your bad cop approach. How many colors can a vampire shift their eyes into? Does that mean that gorgeous guy's golden eyes weren't his real eye-color? Now you're curious about him, which you genuinely, seriously, really don't want to think about.

You sigh, "I can't exactly fault you for acting the way you did. Just like I told Mr. Gorgeous, you can't argue against a vampire's natural self. But it will take me a while to forget about the pain of having teeth sinking into my flesh, but for now, I forgive you."

You see his shoulders drop in relief, and he scratches on his cheek with a single long finger. You remember he has really beautiful hands. Even when he had his fingers around your neck, you noticed that about him.

"Mr. Gorgeous?" He asks you, confused about your easygoing declaration.

You roll your eyes. "You think I wouldn't notice how beautiful that man was?"

"You mean Junmyeon?" Baekhyun looks at you with furrowed eyebrows. "I guess. Never really thought about it like that. Known him for a long time. He has lots of admirers, but this is the first time someone called him beautiful so easily."

You want to roll your eyes again. Maybe he hadn't noticed because he doesn't have the connection you have with him, this Junmyeon, but you know for a fact that your opinion of his beauty stemmed from more than just your supposed bond. Nobody is allowed to be this beautiful, but he just is.

"So, what's going to happen now?" You ask him, changing the subject.

He shrugs, sighing. "I'm guessing Junmyeon Hyung will want to know about your blood. As the main coven here, we're responsible for the other vampires in this territory. It'd be dangerous to set you loose in your own with your blood being the way it is."

You look at him curiously, "Junmyeon said my blood is poisonous. Is that why you forced yourself to throw up?"

"Yeah, I'd have been dead if I didn't," he explains. "It's strange. I have never felt such agonising pain in my throat and stomach before. I felt like I was being burned from the inside. I knew the only way to survive was to get it out of my system."

"Interesting.." You murmur to yourself, letting your eyes roam around the room once again, a finger tapping against your chin in thought. You haven't thought once about the effect of your blood against vampires. You knew for years that your blood is what makes you so different to other humans, but you didn't think about its distinct characteristics towards other supernaturals. You also didn't think about meeting vampires, whatnot with your fate being sealed mingling around werewolves - and actually marrying one - so to see that it also had an effect on vampires....

Does this mean other creatures could have reacted like this when they came into contact with your blood?

"I have to go," Baekhyun interrutps your stream of conscious. You look at him. You're still flabbergasted by the brown of his eyes. The color suits him a lot, you realize. "I'll send someone to bring you food lat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter