Two: Human

The Blood in Your Veins
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You hear voices on top of your head, arguing. You think about making your presence known by groaning or letting out a sigh, but you kind of want to know what they're talking about, so you stay absolutely still, perking your ears at their conversation.

"Why would you bring a human here?" Voice number one asks. The voice is high-pitched for a man, but you can tell his gender easily. Something musical almost paints his tone, and you feel an odd sense of calm at hearing his voice. They're arguing close enough to your body, and you question whether you should be afraid or not.

"Listen to me," the blue-eyed vampire's voice is thick with emotions. You have no idea what or why, but when he speaks, you almost want to apologise to him. It's weird. You have never apologized to anyone in your life. "Something's weird about her blood. I have never tasted anything like it before."

"What’s wrong with it?" The musical voice hums, pretending to be curious when everything about his voice is flat with boredom. "She smells utterly delicious right now."

"That's what I thought, too, but it's deceiving, like a strange defense mechanism," blue eyes says out loud. He almost sounds excited, as if he stumbled upon a treasure. You frown. "It completely lured me to her, and when I sank my teeth into her, it was too sweet. I almost drained her in seconds, but then it turned bitter and acrid. It became so disgusting so quickly I couldn't possibly continue. It was like the taste of old rotton blood. It burned my tongue like fire."

You can practically hear the raised eyebrow in musical guy's voice. "Is that enough for you to bring her home? Junmyeon won't be happy about this."

You shiver at the name drop. For some reason, the name brings warmth to your body.

There's silence for a while, fear very detectable in the air. You wonder what's so frightening about this Junmyeon guy that he makes grown vampires silent. The voice of the first man comes closer, and your body prickles, hearing the soft pitter patter of his feet on the floor. His heat envelopes you, and you realize he walked towards your body, standing over you to examine you for some odd reason. Is he thinking of what your blood would taste like in his mouth?

"Where would you find a human anyway?" Musical guy asks.

"Believe it or not, wandering between houses. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw her. She looked to be in pain, bloody and all that. She was almost too easy of a prey. Everything about her pulled me to her. I usually prided myself for my self control, you know? But her presence wiped all of my control away."

You feel cold fingers down your cheek, and you flinch. Musical guy's voice is creening with delight when he speaks. "I know you're up, darling."

This is the cue for you to open your eyes. The guy standing over you and is brazenly grazing your cheek is smiling down at you mischievously. His eyes are almost soft and sweet; his mouth curled at the ends in a completely adorable way; hair fair brown and falling down his forehead delectably. His eyes are brown with flickers of gray, and you wonder if all vampires are beautiful like the books say they are. Despite his beauty, though, you're not convinced of his complete lack of malice. Vampires are not naturally this welcoming, especially not to food.

You try to move so you can pull your face away from his fingers, and you're surprised by the absence of pain at the gesture. You had thought your neck would be stiff and your body would freeze from the pain, but you feel nothing other than the sweet, sweet relief of your power surging back. You can jump and cartwheel at the dame time, the lack of pain giving you insane fantasies. You stare at the vampire dumbfoundedly.

The vampire who attacked you is farther away than Mr. Musical voice, but you can easily see him giving you a cheeky grin. "Yup, that's the effect of Yixing's magical hands."

The cheekbones look at you with a smile. "You're not afraid of us at all, are ya, darling?"

You ignore his question because you don't have an answer. Obviously you don't feel anything regarding them, not fear and not curiosity. You feel nothing, actually, other than the complete apprehension of your situation. You didn't think you'd survive, so you hadn't thought of any point past the death part, so being in the midst of predators gives you a pause. What are you supposed to do now?

Now that you're not dead and completely healed, you realize the first case is still appli

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter