One: Fangs

The Blood in Your Veins
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 First chapters! I've already written three chapters and I'm working on the fourth. I think - I hope - this story is going to be updated regularly and quickly, for I'm absolutely excited. Enough to make me write a lot ♡

Tell me what you think in the comments!

.

.

.

.

You stumble against the wall, your legs twisting awkwardly to hold your shaking body weight as you try to stand on your ten inches heels. In the back of your mind, you curse your sister for forcing you to wear these death traps when she knows you can't walk in them perfectly. You're like a bulimic ballet dancer with brittle bones after years of substance abuse. Everything in you hurts. The sharp cuts of the wind make you groan and moan in pain.

You're sure you look like a mess. Your short, glittry dress is full of blood. You can feel the hems of your dress on your left thigh melting against the cut there and excerting more blood, pooling down your leg to the black heel wrapped around your foot, to the ground below. Your dark hair Gee spent so many hours curling and fluffing is sticking to your face, grazing against your sweaty cheeks, and forced to enter your gaping mouth.

You stumble against the gravel, unaware of where you are. The only thought in your head is the urgent need to be safe and secure hundred meters aways from the castle you were in just a few minutes. Honestly, you don't know what happened. Half an hour ago you and your family were in a party, mingling with the dozen packs of werewolves you were supposed to memorise the names of and trying to fight your mother's incessant pinches to your sides to get you to ask the werewolf alpha you were supposed to be married to for a dance. You can still remember the sharp pain of her nails digging into your flesh, now muffled by the intense throbbing pain of your face and legs as you struggle to walk to your doom.

What happened? You don't know. One second, you are too close to ripping your hair out of your head as you are forced to dance with a werwolf with huge, meaty fingers pressing against your hips, and the next thing there's an explosion hard enough you were send flying in the middle of the ball room towards a thick wall. The contact broke the bones on your back. You heard the nasuating sound of them breaking like brittle plastic spoons. You ended up heavying on the floor amidst the choas that soon ensued, hoping that throwing up would alleviate the pain.

Everywhere around you turned to dust. Bodies and blood and iron poking out of stomachs and thighs swarmed your vision. A lot of the dancing wolves were thrown against walls just like you, but as you looked around with wide, panicked eyes, you realized that most of them were dead, too.

You have only the magic running in your blood to thank for your still breathing self. Although you're incapable of harnissing it, it's there, and always got you out of trouble. You remember trying to stand, but your back throbbed harshly, the pain so striking you saw dark spots in your eyes. You remained lying down there, unable to move and unable to do anything but breathe slowly through your nose, hoping you can ease some of your pain.

You don't want to think about what happened next; the memories fogging up your brain and triggering a severe anxiety that you force your lungs apart to function normal so you can breathe, but you still find yourself breathing heavily as you tried to move, your legs feathers under your body. You have no idea where you are and how you'll survive. All you know is that you're getting closer to death every second that passes, and your wish to find a quiet alleyway to die peacefully in is your number one quest of the day. You're too exhausted to fight for your life. The pain is immeasurable and the suffering is insurmountable. All you want is the white light of peace to greet you.

Your surroundings are dark. You can't see anything besides the soft orange glow of street lights hallowing out the brick walls of the houses. It's dark and late and you're pretty sure you're the only creature walking - stumbling - your way towards a premise of incertainty. You lost one of your heels as you escaped from those men, but your other feet is entrapped in the other pain. It hurts the bones of your toes; it is long and unpractical; but you're incapable of removing it or throwing it away. It holds an immense emotional value. It's the heels Gee chose for you for the party, and now that you have absolutely no idea what happened to her, it's the last thing you have of her.

You're upset that you lost your other pair.

In the midst of the dark, you glimpse a wide opening in between two large houses, and your heart swells with elation. You've found a place to wither, at last, and there's a soft groaning noise from your lips as you practically leap towards it, your back creening as it struggles to hold your weight. Once inside, you lean against the left wal

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter