Three: Sustenance

The Blood in Your Veins
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You let them take you downstairs.

You had thought the house you're in would be modern and minimalistic considering the medical  bayroom they were in, but you're surprised by the antiquity of it all. The stairs are mahogany red, and on the walls there are paintings from Europe's nineteenth century. Or seventeenth century. Or twentieth... you have no knowledge of the European art or when they were painted, but you can recognise foreign art. What matters is that it looks beautiful and expensive..

You look back to the two vampires behind you to point at the art, silently asking if they are real. A smirk from Musical voice gives you an answer, so you don't bother asking out loud. You look at the paintings with fresh eyes. You knew vampires lived longer than every creature, but you hadn't really thought of the antiques they'd collect throughout the years. Does this house have other expensive things from time of old other than the paintings? You wonder.

The stairs open to a large living room. It's filled with gaudy, victorian furniture. Brown couches and a wooden tea table to the side. Rugs that cover every inch of the place, and an actual lit fireplace on the front. They don't have electrical heating? You ask yourself, but then you shrug, realizing that you don't care.

The two vampires behind you take the lead and guide you to a wide, spacious kitchen that they absolutely do not need. You don't know if vampires eat human food, but you don't think they'd need a humongous kitchen like the one you're standing in the middle of regardless. You give the vampires another glance, and Blue eyes huffs.

"We eat food. We're not savages. In fact, there are members of our coven who can actually cook. Don't give us these ignorant looks."

"Sorry." You huff back, but you're not really annoyed. You're just indifferent, but that doesn't mean you don't have any question. The day that you stop having questions is the day you visibly decompose into the earth. You are a very inquisitive woman, another reason your father loved you for.

Mr. Musical walks towards the absolutely gigantic fridge inside the kitchen, opening it to search for something. In your curiosity you follow after him, peering past his shoulder to see what vampires kept large fridges for. You should have anticipated what you found, considering they're vampires. The rows and rows of frozen blood bags make you blink, but you don't feel disgusted by them. It is their only source of nutrients. You'd never judge people on how they're forced to survive.

"What are you looking for?" You ask Musical voice when he doesn't stop searching for something. There's nothing inside the fridge but blood bags, so you're confused about his action.

He answers without looking at you. "I think I saw a milk box here somewhere. But I don't know where it is."

Blue eyes takes a seat in the huge dining table at the middle of the kitchen, sending you and Musical voice a smug smile. "Why'd you offer her anything anyway? The moment Junmyeon's here, he'd kick her out. Or lock her in a cage. You don't have to waste resources on her."

You grimace. "It's just a milk box, ."

"Nada, I found nothing. Someone must have drank it before you arrived," Musical voice says. He looks at Blue eyes with a frown. "Do we have anything to eat?"

You don't know why he cares. From the moment you opened your eyes and realized two vampires were hovering over you, you had an internal opinion about each one. Mr. Musical voice is playful, mischievous, and has a tinge of seriousness. You didn't think he'd be caring, too, considering you're you and you're practically a stranger. The thought he's searching for something human for you to consume really warms your cold, dead heart. Maybe you should lower the voice a little when speaking to him. But this exception doesn't involve Blue eyes. You're still upset - and indignant - about him.

Blue eyes gives the other

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter