Chapter 7 - Welcome to Hell (Part 2)

Troublemakers

Snatching the form from within Jessica's fingers, Hyoyeon hurriedly stored it under lock and key in fear that she would later regret her decision. Gesturing dramatically with her hands, Hyoyeon opened the squeaky iron gates and invited Jessica to enter and make herself at home. Stepping carefully on the broken and uneven tarmac path, Jessica shivered at the coldness of the surroundings and looked around at the grey and dull scenaries that presented itself in front of her.

Hyoyeon shone a torchlight on the path, lighting up the road for Jessica to step on. "Welcome to hell. Over here we have something greyish that kind of looks like hill of some sort and over there you have another blackish dullish forest that is overgrown with trees, " Smiling, Hyoyeon lead Jessica to a door and opened it for her. "And that ends our little enjoyable tour of hell, thank you for choosing Hyoyeon orientation agency. We hoped you have enjoyed our arrangements and we welcome you to join us for our next tour of hell whenever you have the time and money.."

Turning her back, Hyoyeon found herself unable to move as a hand grabbed onto the back of her t-shirt, pulling her back. "Seriously? You call this an orientation tour??? Give me back the form I signed NOW!" Bunching up her fist, Jessica threateningly dangled it in front of Hyoyeon's face, in the bid to scare her.

Not wanting to get her face smashed in, Hyoyeon sighed and faked a smile "Follow me. I will give you a free upgrade to the deluxe tour package."

================================================================================================================

Leading the way down a windy path, Hyoyeon briefly explained the different departments of hell. Basically in hell there were three main positions, the reaper, the collector and customer service. Not sure if she heard the last one correctly, Jessica shooked her head a little and repeated after Hyoyeon "Customer service?? Seriously??? What do they have to do? Answer calls from deceased people about hell not being boring enough?"

Stopping at one of the bendy curves, Hyoyeon opened a door and shone her torchlight into the cold dark room "Find it out yourself. This is only the deluxe version of the tour. Unless, you can afford to pay me that is...."

Seeing a source of light in front of her, Jessica approached it warily, determined to find out exactly what it was that the customer service in hell have to do. Throwing the door open, she tightly screwed her eyes shut, afraid that something will pop out from somewhere and scare the living daylights out of her. Expecting silence, she was surprised when a mambo jambo of speeches rushed into her eardrums all at once, nearly deafening her. Opening her eyes, the sight she saw surprised her no ends.

Expecting to see yet another cold dark and probably boring room, she was shocked to see a fully normal earthen call center presenting itself before her eyes. Hundreds and hundreds of people had donned on headsets and everyone had their eyes fixated on the chunky monitors in front of them, keying in orders after orders. Listening in one side of the conversation, Jessica realised that this was the place hell earns its source of income from. "Mr Copperfield, Congratulations on another sold out performance. Would you like to redeem your soul back as usual? You will get your usual regular discount."

Unable to take the chitter chatters of so many people talking together in one cramped space, Jessica covered her ears and hurriedly left the room, closing the door behind her to mute out the noise. Her ears were ringing by the time she got out and she shook it from side to side, wondering if she was going to go deaf soon. Finally managing to regain her sense of hearing, she continued her journey down the windy path with Hyoyeon by her side, briefing her on the routines of hell.

Summarising what she had heard from Hyoyeon, Jessica gathered that there are three main jobs in hell. Number one is the reaper which are the ones that signs various contracts with people willing to exchange their souls in turn for a while of fame, glory, money etcetera etcetera. The reapers also get to reap souls from evildoers that are disrupting the balance on earth. Next comes the customer service personnels who call up these people and try to sell their souls back to them for an exorbitant price in exchange for enough money to keep Hell running. The collectors come last. Their job is simple and very straightforward. All they have to do is to ensure that the agreed payment is collected, be it by left or by right. Usually in such instances, death is not option because these collectors are willing to chase you till the ends of hell for an owned penny.