Chapter 1 - If I can't have you, then no one shall have you

Troublemakers

It was a normal weekday morning; cars streamed down the busy trafficway at a considerable speed, sending their obnoxious fumes into the pedestrian walkway, causing many of the people to cover their noses and mouths. The lights turned red and people started getting ready to cross the road, when an Audi dashed past the crossing causing many of the pedestrians to stop abruptly in their paths. Thankfully no one was hit, and many of the pedestrians stared on angrily as the tailights of the Audi faded into the distance.

Inside the Audi, Jessica Jung fixated her eyes on the road in front of her and completely ignored the cursings and rantings that were thrown at her by a very angry Tiffany. Gripping hard onto the steering wheel, Jessica increased the pressure on the accelerator and allowed the one thought that was running amok inside her brains to take over the controls of her emotions and actions, "If I can't have you, then no one shall have you."

Tiffany gripped the handle bar located beside the passenger seat as tightly as she could, the colors fading rapidly from her knuckles. For the first time in her life, she was afraid because she knew she had really gone overboard this time. Hateful words and snide remarks spewed from and she directed all her fear and anger at Jessica, hoping to make her stop this action of insanity. Realising that her words were falling on deaf ears, she closed her eyes and started praying.

=======================================================================================================================\

Holding up the marble to his eyes, little Mason smiled as the sunlight reflected off the contours of the glass, creating multiple rainbow like images. Tripping over his shoelace, he fell hard onto the ground and watched the marble slipped out of his grasp. The little marble rolled past the patches of grass by the sidewalk and landed in the middle of the supposedly deserted road. Not wanting to lose his precious marble just like that, little Mason hurried after the rolling piece of glass and bent down to retrieve it when it finally came to a stop. He didn't see the incoming Audi bearing down on him and only realised how narrowly he had escaped impending death when he felt a hard shove on his back, pushing him onto safe grounds.

Jessica noticed a streak of blonde flashed past her eyes and she snapped back to reality, swerving hard to avoid hitting the cowering human that now laid in the middle of the road. The car couldn't react in time and they ended up crashing into the divider. Jessica and Tiffany jotled with every sporadic movements of the car and they screamed in unison when the car flipped over, the roof scratching the surface of the tarmac. 

The figure on the floor grimaced when a loud explosion greeted her ears and flaming debris flew everywhere, some landing merely an inch away from where she laid. Opening her eyes, the charred remains of an Audi greeted her sight and concerned voices flooded into her ears as a crowd slowly gathered around her. Peeling herself off the tarmac, she stood on wobbily legs and checked her body for signs of injuries but found none, except for a scraped knee and a bruised ego. Dusting off the dirt and grime that was plastered on her body, she slowly walked towards the Audi. Judging by the random chatters she picked up, the girl concluded that both the driver and passenger had perished in this terrible accident. Sighing deeply to herself, she lamented a little over their mishap and slowly turned her back, leaving the accident scene.far behind her.