Chapter 6 - Welcome to Hell (Part 1)

Troublemakers

After feeling like forever had passed, Jessica finally found herself in front of a badly graffitied gate. A limply hung banner greeted her eyes and the once bright red characters displayed the words "Welcome to Hell!" A lone girl sat by one of the black counters outside the gate yawning to herself in boredom. The name tag on her pocket indicated to Jessica that her name was Hyoyeon and she had on a t-shirt that kind of shows the word orientation guide in very very faded whitish characters. Confirming the fact that yawning was contagious, Jessica yawned too as she approached the counter, stretching herself along the way. Expecting a greeting of some sort, Jessica was surprised when the girl stretched out an open palm and uttered two words to her "Coin please."

Shocked by the sudden demand for money, Jessica glared at the girl with puzzlement in her eyes "What money?"

Plonking a stone sign down on the counter top, Hyoyeon pointed to a picture of an obscenly dressed monster and rolled her eyes at the supposed stupidity of this new arrival. "Haven't you heard of the greek mythology that tells you of the fact that you are suppose to pay the boatman to ferry you across river styx?"

Shaking her head slightly, Jessica searched through the little memories that had remained in her brain to see if she could remember any details of this so called greek mythology. Unable to remember anything at all, she decided to fight her case based on the facts she had just heard from Hyoyeon. "But I am suppose to pay the ferry man, not the orientation guide right? So what gives you the right to collect money from me?"

Sighing deeply, Hyoyeon pointed to a red digital counter behind her which by now was indicating a mere four digit number. "See this? Thats the total population of hell, including those that have been outstationed. Due to the increasing amount of people beliving in reincarnation, hell has become severely understaffed and under budget lately. Thus Mr Charon over here is currently outstationed somewhere in New York where he makes a living out of scaring people in that famous Headless Horseman Hayrides & Haunted houses attraction in Ulster Park."

Donning on a white marine hat, Hyoyeon stretched out her palm once again "If this would make you feel more like paying up, I can always make myself look more like a ferry man."

Searching through the pockets in the black jumpsuit she had changed into, Jessica shrugged her shoulders and turned her empty pockets out indicating the fact that she had no money at all. "I am sorry, I have tried but there is really no money on me."

Hearing that Jessica had no money on her, Hyoyeon got slightly flustered up as she hastened the speed she was talking at "Yen? Won? Dollars? Ren Ming BI? We accept everything from cash to major credits card like Masters, Visa & American Express. Seriously?? Nothing???"

Shrugging her shoulders, Jessica outstreched her empty palms and shook her head "I am sorry. I am kinda flat broke."

Drooping her head, Hyoyeon opened a drawer from behind the counter and retrieved a form for Jessica to sign. "Sign here and indicated the details of a relative of yours. That person will have to pay on your behalf."

Scribbling hastily on the form, Jessica took a cursory glance at Hyoyeon before asking "So how are you guys going to make her pay for me?"

Smiling sinisterly, Hyoyeon pointed to the form indicating to Jessica to not miss out a certain part "Haven't you ever wondered why some people will get targeted as robbery or theft victims? Or how you can suddenly just lose your wallet while walking on the road, or have money drop out from a hole in your pocket? Don't worry, we will have our ways. We always do."

Crossing her fingers, Jessica uttered a small apology under her breath and handed over the form to Hyoyeon "Krystal, I am so so sorry..."

"