Chapter 5 - Orientation of Heaven (Part 2)

Troublemakers

Opting for the scenic route this time, Onew spreaded his wings out and slowly glided along with the air current. Behind him, Tiffany flapped her chickeny little wings as hard as she could in the hope to keep up with him. Pointing out the various sights to Tiffany, Onew patiently explained to Tiffany the various departments there were in heavens and what exactly it was that they did. A pink room stood out amongst the many departments Tiffany had seen and she tugged on the corner of Onew's gown, bringing it to his attention. Remembering in a sudden that Tiffany had to pay this room a visit, Onew hurriedly tucked his wings in and plunged downwards, dragging a screaming Tiffany along.

Screeching to a brake an inch above the ground, Onew removed his fingers from his ears, snapped his fingers a few times to ensure that he still has his sense of hearing and thanked god for keeping him alive. Going over to check on Tiffany, He shooked her a few times, snapping her out of her daze. After calming her down, Onew briefly explained to Tiffany that this was the sorting room, the room that will determine which department she will be posted to. Remembering the scenes from Harry Potter, Tiffany cautiously entered the room, expecting to see a chair and hat that could talk. She was greatly disappointed when the only thing she saw, was a single old lady seated behind a counter, holding an electronic scanner in her hands. Approaching the counter at Onew's instruction, Tiffany smiled as widely as she could at the elderly lady and greeted her with a litle courteous bow. The old lady stared on uninterestedly at Tiffany and spoke a single word in a monotonous tone

"Wrist."

In a state of confusion, Tiffany glanced over at where Onew stood, seeking for help with her eyes. Onew facepalmed himself and lifted up the wristband on his wrist, jiggling it. Getting the hint, Tiffany stretched out her wrist towards the old lady and watched as her wristband got scanned. Moments later, a printer beeped and a printout was handed over to Tiffany. Looking at the print out, Tiffany tried deciphering the two lines of squiggly codes on her own first but she soon gave up and turned over to Onew for help. Taking over the piece of parchment from her hands, Onew reached into the waist pouch he wore and retrieved an ipad. Selecting the decoding app, he took a picture of the squiggly lines with the camera and told her to wait patiently for the end results.

Two lines appeared on the screen shortly after causing him to mutter under his breath in amazement.

"Two departments? Seriously?? This can't be. Is this screaming woman over here actually that popular??"

Shrugging his shoulders, he thanked god for putting them in seperate departments and handed over the ipad to Tiffany. Tiffany anxiously scrutinised the words on the ipad and read whatever was on the screen out loud

"Hymns and Guardians?"

Wondering what the words on the screen meant, Tiffany turned over to Onew for help. Instead of getting an answer, Onew grabbed her hands, told her to brace herself and shot off at a high speed in an unknown direction.

===================================================================================================================

Arriving at the hymns department, Tiffany's attention was captured by the melodious songs she heard coming out from the practice rooms. Tugging on Onew's sleeves, she whispered as softly as she could into his ears, not wanting to disturb the singing practice

"Don't you think their voice sounds so... angelic?"

Rolling his eyes at her comments, Onew facepalmed himself yet again before replying "They are angels just like us, of course they would sound angelic."

Turning to face Tiffany, Onew sighed when he realised that his words were falling on deaf ears asTiffany had disappeared yet again. Shaking his head, he headed off in search of her and was amazed to find her amongst the new trainees of the department. She was singing together with them and her voice shone out in comparison to theirs. Stopping in his tracks, Onew found himself paying attention to every word that pour forth from just like the rest of the passerbys. When she was done, claps erupted from everywhere causing her to blush and run towards Onew for shelter. Tugging on his sleeves, she whispered in the meekest voice possible, "Oppa, lets go. We still have another department to visit right??" Seeing the senior angels approach Tiffany with a form in their hand, Onew snapped out of his trance and shot up in the air, dragging along a screaming Tiffany behind him.

Landing as abruptly as he had took off, Onew unplugged the fingers from his ears before glancing at the pale looking Tiffany behind him. Glaring at him with all her might, she puffed her cheeks out and frowned "Seriously, you need to stop shooting off like this. I am not a rocket nor do I like rocket rides. I mean, can't you just fly normally like those angels out there?"

Turning his back on Tiffany, Onew stuck his tongue out and dragged her along, completely ignoring her rants "Come on we don't have much time left.I still have a dinner date to attend." Arriving at the pearly gates of the guardian department, Onew briefly explained the details of what they are doing. This department is ran by the archangel Michael, if you read the bible, you would probably have heard his name being mentioned a few times. Bascially all you have to do is to stick close to the person you are assigned to and give good advises to him/her. Also, you will have to fulfil a certain amount of good deeds in order to get promoted and climb up in ranking. Those with higher rankings gets more power or so to speak.

Finishing his rushed explaination, Onew glanced at the ipad and smiled. Pushing Tiffany through the pearly gates, he tossed her a blue colour capsule and took a step back with every word that came out from his mouth. "Eat this, it will make your wings grow normally like mine. By the way, sorry for not giving you this capsule earlier, I had always wanted to know how an angel would look like with chickeny wings. Oh, look at the time, I have a date with the chicken in my microwave. So...Bye!!" Uttering the last words, he shot off into the air, leaving a seething Tiffany behind.

Screaming threatening words into the empty sky above her, Tiffany gave up and entered the guardians department behind her. A wave of forms were shoved in her face the instance she opened the door  and a crowd of noise entered her ears. Catching snippets of words here and there, Tiffany gathered that the guardians department was in serious state of short handedness. Before she knew it, she had somehow gotten herself signed up for the guardians department and has been assigned to a human.

:Looking at the ipad in her hands, Tiffany sighed and cursed her luck. Tapping on the only app in the home screen, she scanned her bracelet and watched as a name appeared on the black screen, Kim Taeyeon. The human she has just been assigned to.