Chapter 4 - Orientation of Heaven (Part 1)

Troublemakers

Tiffany felt the scenaries rush by her in a flash of glitters and it took her less than a minute to reach her first destination of the day, the fitting room. Glancing around her, she saw many people similiarly dressed like her, walking or hovering around the tiny room that had shelves upon shelves stacked on top of each other. Leading her to a corner of the room, her guide spotted a friend and fluttered away to chat, leaving her by herself. Not knowing what to do next, Tiffany shrank into a corner of the room and tried not to get in anybody's way.

One of the fitters at work fluttered past and noticed Tiffany crouching beneath one of the shelves. Pulling her up, he spun her around and frowned slightly to himself when he realised that she hasn't got any wings allocated to her yet. Whipping out a measuring tape from the waistband of his pants, he expertly measured the length and width of her back and told her to wait there for him. Returning shortly after, he presented Tiffany with a capsule that had her back's measurement imprinted on it. Staring at the strange whitish looking pill in her palm, Tiffany glanced at the fitter in front of her and pouted when he made a swallowing motion. Noticing the stern look on his face, Tiffany sighed and balled up some spit before popping the capsule into .

Moments later, Tiffany felt an itch slowly developing on her back, where the shoulder blades were. Raising an arm to scratch it, she felt something brushing against her fingers and turned to look at herself in the mirror. Screams rang out from almost instantaneously when she noticed the two feathery looking lumps that had somehow sprouted out in the middle of her back, earning her the momentarily attention of everyone in the cramped room. A hand shot out and clamped itself firmly over , stopping her in mid scream, saving everybody in the room from potential deafness that could result in a second death experience. Turning to glare at the fitter behind her, Tiffany widen her eyes and wildly gestured towards the two feathery lumps that had magically developed on her back while mumbling incoherently into his palm. Pulling his palm forcibly off her, she shrieked as loudly as she could into his ears, temporarily deafening him

"What is the meaning of this? Why am I turning into a chicken of some sort?"

Wincing from the impact, the fitter rubbed at his ears, attempting to get rid of the never ending ringing sounds. Shaking the last ring away, he held up three fingers and counted them off.

"Number one, I am not deaf, but I will be soon if you keep up this act of insanity. Number two, You are an angel, ALL angels are suppose to have wings, including you..  And number three, the wings of a chicken taste great barbequed, especially if you drizzle honey on top, but I am sure your's won't be looking as pretty, if you really do decide to try barbequing it." 

Frowning slightly, he gagged and attempted not to throw up as he imagined the sight of an angel's wing barbequing on the grill beside succulent chicken wings.

Leading her out of the room, he sighed in relief at the silence that greeted them once again and spreaded his wings out fully, ruffling the feathers and stretching out the cricks. Watching in awe at the magnificence before her eyes, Tiffany sadly shook her two little chickeny wings and sighed as two tiny feathers dropped onto the white marbles tiles that paves the ground. Gently ruffling her hair, the fitter smiled, revealing two rabbit like front teeth. Grabbing one of Tiffany's hands in his, he bent his wings a little and shot up vertically into the air, disappearing into the clouds in the blink of an eye.

=================================================================================================================

Feeling solid ground beneath her feet once again, Tiffany heaved a sigh of relief and crumpled onto her weak knees while the fitter stood over her, hovering an inch above ground. Glancing at the surroundings around her, Tiffany took in the breathtaking scenaries and was amazed by the amount of luxuries that was cramped into this beautiful picture she is viewing right now. Leaning her weight onto the fitter, she managed to get up on her own two feets after a few attempts.Taking a sneak peek at the nametag that lays horizontally above his right chest pocket, she finally knew the name of her new orientation guide, Onew Lee Jin Ki.

People streamed at them in every directions, bumping and pushing their ways through. When she finally regained her sense of direction, Tiffany realised that her orientation guide was nowhere to be seen and she was by herself once again. Not knowing where she was, Tiffany decided to go with the flow and shuffled along with the crowd of angels that all seemed to be heading in one direction. Arriving in front of a well, Tiffnay saw the angels before her joining a queue and wondered if she should follow suit. Observing carefully, Tiffany noticed these angels stretching their arms down the well and grabbing a silvery blue item out from within its depth. Carrying it carefully in their hands, they would then place these silvery blue items into a machine. Eventually one of the led words would light up at random and the angel will nod and leave with a slip of paper that was churned out from the machine. Squinting her eyes, Tiffany took a while to realised that those three words were Yes, No and Later. Not knowing what to do next, Tiffany surged forward with the crowd and was about to stretch her own hands down the well when she felt a hard yank on the back of her gown, jerking her backwards. The stern face of Onew loomed into view and he grabbed her by the back of her neck, forcibly pulling her away from the well and people that were gathered around it. 

When he was sure they were pretty far away, Onew sat her down on one of the benches around and sternly warned her "Don't touch anything if you don't know what it is. That was the prayer well and it contains all the prayers from the people on earth. Only the prayer angels are allowed to handle these prayers because they were specially trained to do so. If you had touched it, you might end up destroying a few people's dream and prayers. So keep your hands to yourself and stick close to me. Understood?" 

Realising the graveness of the matter, Tiffany lowered her head and bobbed it slowly. Slipping her hands into Onew's, she clasped it as tightly as she could and followed silently behind him, determined never to get lost again.