Chapter 7

To Be Free

 

You walk back home as usual with Jungmin. Jungmin is like miles away from you, but you don’t care. As you walk along the road, there’s a park you used to play with Jungmin in your childhood. It makes good and bad memories for you. You smiles alone.

 

Jungmin didn’t see that you’ve stop walking, he just keep walking towards your home. At the park, you can see children playing and running around and…. Oh! There’s a couple on the bench, hugging each other. “If I can hug Kwangmin like that, I promise I will give up my dream to be idol. Ahh~ both of them make me jealous! I wanna hug too!” You pouted alone.

 

You just watch how the guy comforts the girl that is crying. Your eyes suddenly widened, “Ah Lee Minjung! You’re going crazy! Why I can imagine that guy as Kwangmin? Oh my imagination is going wild.” You blinked relentless time already, Kwangmin’s face as that guy still didn’t vanish away. “Don’t say that he’s really Kwangmin?” You thought as you’re watching them.

 

You stared for a long time, until the guy stands and is about to leave the park. “He is….” You can’t hide your surprise face, but suddenly a man hug you, covering your sight with his body. “I thought you were missing! Why won’t you keep walking?! You’re worrying me!” Jungmin still hugs you. He just realized that you’re not behind him, that’s how he ended to be here.

 

Jungmin knew you are surprise to see Kwangmin hugging other girl, he decided to take you away before you broken hearted at that place. “Oppa, let me go!” You are struggling weakly to push him. “Let’s go home.” Jungmin still covers your sight as he takes you home.

 

“Omma! We’re home!” Jungmin said cheerily. He hugs your shoulders and drags you to find your mom. “Omma? Omma eodisseo? (Where are you, mom?)  Both of you walk around the house and found note at the mirror “I have to go to Pusan for a week. Jungmin ah, take care of Minjung. Both of you please behave yourself, araseo?” “Pusan?! Gapjagi wae? (why suddenly?) whined Jungmin.

 

Jungmin glance at you and saw your sad face. “Well, it’s hot today. Want some ice cream??” You nodded with emotionless face. “Let’s go and buy!!” He dragged you once again. “People will… $#@^#!#$” you mumbled all words. “What did you say??” “People will know we’re siblings.” “Don’t worry since they won’t know. Now, follow follow follow me.”

 

He bought ice cream for you and brings it home.  He never let you go from his shoulder’s hug. You sit on the chair with Jungmin besides you, and then you unwrap the ice cream’s wrapper. You stand up and walks toward the toilet all of the sudden. “Where do you want to go?” asked Jungmin. You show him the wrapper “I want to throw this into dustbin, wae?” “In the toilet?” You looked in front, you just realized you’re in front of the toilet.

 

“Ah, majayo (that’s right), what’s happening to me?” You changed your direction towards the kitchen. “Yah! Keep your head straight!” warned Jungmin from the living room. After a few minutes, you’re still didn’t return to the living room. “Minjung ah? What takes you so long?” ask Jungmin. He stands up and looking for you in the kitchen.

 

You are sitting right in the corner of the kitchen. You’re crying a lot. Jungmin can feel your sadness. He moves forward to hugs you tightly. “Minjung ah, gwenchanha. You can’t cry just because of that brat. Your precious tears aren’t for him!” “Neo ga! (go away!) You said with your sharp eyes. You’re irritated with his hug.

 

“Yah! I’m your oppa!” “I don’t care” he shrieked.