Chapter 4

To Be Free

 

Jungmin enters the house followed by you. After you close the door, you hold Jungmin’s backpack with an evil smile. “Oppa, don’t you think you in debt with me?” You can hear Jungmin’s scared laugh “I have?? Well, what is it?” You jump onto his back, forcing him to give you a piggy back ride. “Who told you that you can easily disturb when I’m having conversation? Especially with my crush!”

 

“Ah neo! (you) Jungmin harshly  shake his body so that you fell. “You have crush on that boy? Forget about it! I’m not allowing that!” You stared Jungmin sharply with your eyes. “In your dream. He’s my crush! Not yours!” “Yah! Neo jinjja (you’re really) “Mwo? Mwo? Mwo?! (what) Jungmin released a big sigh before leave you.

 

“Jungmin! Minjung! Change your clothes and get down for dinner!” Your mom, Lee Soojin suddenly shouting. You rushed to your room upstairs and change into your pajama. Before left the floor, you knock Jungmin’s door, with your legs until he opens the door. “WHAT NOW?!” He screamed. You’re shock, but then you laugh. “Let’s eat, should we?” You signaled an eating action. Jungmin shook and just follow you downstairs.

 

“How was your school today?” ask your mom. Both you and Jungmin are waiting for rice to been served. “The school is just nice before stupid Jungmin oppa disturb me!” You stuck your tongue out to Jungmin. “She’s talking to her crush! What if they fall in love?! And that brat will hurt her” Jungmin defend himself. Your mom finally serves the bowls of rice, “Minjung has crush? Eomma want to meet him someday”

 

“Eomma!” Jungmin’s angry when your mom is on your side. While chewing your food, you just said “I didn’t say anything when oppa talking to Mijin” A sudden knock reached to your head. “Ouch!” “Then, shut up!” “Omo, your girlfriend??” You shook relentlessly. “Aniyo eomma. She’s just a friend” Jungmin denied it. “No eomma, don’t imagine that girl as his girlfriend. It’s a nightmare!” “Shut up!”

 

“Stop it, continue eat. Both of you are giving eomma a headache” your mom finally stop the argument. You nodded and smile with agreement and start to eat. Next, you and Jungmin help with the dishes. Both of you play with the bubbles with laughter like a child. “Uwah, oppa geumanhaja! (let’s stop it) I’m tired” “Should we?” You just nodded with a tired sigh. Then he brushes your face with the bubbles and laugh loudly.

 

“Yah! Jungmin oppa!” You repay him back with your kick. “Ouch! Yah! Don’t apply your karate on me!” You laugh hysterically “I am always the best!” “Stop with your playing! Finish your work so that eomma will have a calm day now!” Your mom screams from the living room. Both of you laugh with a lower tone. “Should we just finish this?” Jungmin asks while smiling.

 

You nodded while smiling widely. Both of you have been that naughty since you’re child. Your mom always complaining on how both of you behave, but still she is happy that both of you just happily playing together without big argument. Unlike some siblings, those are having endless fight. As you’re completing your tasks, you still play quietly with Jungmin. “MinJungmin!” shout your mom.

 

“Ne, eomma! We’re finished already!” you said loudly. Jungmin whispered to you, “Eomma have sharp ears, right? Uh oh, it’s scary” “If she has sharp ears, she can hear what you said just now, oppa” Jungmin’s eyes widened. “Jinjja yo? Let’s get the hell out of here!” Jungmin finished the last touch on the dishes. “Ah, meet me at the veranda”

 

“There are stars for tonight??” you asked. Jungmin nodded quickly, “Meet you upstairs!” He runs away from the kitchen. You just laugh with his action. Stars…, both of you really enjoy watching stars together.