Chapter 2

To Be Free

 

It’s time to go back now! Jungmin usually wait for you at the main gate. When he catches a sight of you, he will start to walk back home. He want to ensure that both of you walk separately, but at the same time he can protect you.

 

Today, you can’t go back as usual. You have to tell Jungmin about this. He saw you walk toward him and started to walk. You have to run to catch him. “Jungmin! Jungmin!” you desperately call him. You need to get to the meeting as fast as you can to meet Kwangmin.

 

Jungmin sudden stop makes you bump with him. “Wae?” he asked without looking at you, he even leave you to get on your legs yourself. “Ani… Minjung has meeting today. I’m not going back early.” Jungmin turn at his back and start walking towards school “Kaja~”

 

“Yah, yah, yah!” You hold his uniform. He slapped your hand away. “You’re going to the meeting too? You’re not a even member!” “I can’t leave you alone in that school. I’m not going to the meeting, I’ll wait until you finish. Kaja!” Jungmin is stubborn, you have to obey him anyway.

 

“Kwangmin is there to accompany me though You mumbled to yourself as you walk and kick a stone in front of you. “He is a stranger. He has no right to accompany you.” Jungmin heard what you’re talking about. You stick out your tongue and imitate him without his knowing.

 

“Yah! Are you going back to school?” Suddenly Jungmin bumped into his best friends. Jungmin nodded “Oh, I have something to do there.” “Why is your crush following you?” asked Hyunseong. “She is not my crush… She just…” Jungmin looking back at you.

 

“Yah! Why are you following me? Go!” Jungmin stared you and signaled you to go. You feel irritated and kick a stone to Jungmin. Luckily the stone slips away from its path. You walk faster ahead Jungmin to your school.

 

“Woah, calm down Jungmin ah. Want us to accompany you there?” asked Donghyun. Jungmin shook his head desperately, “ No hyung, I’m fine.” They’re best friend, but in different grade. “Are you sure? What you gonna do there anyway?”

 

“I forgot that saem (teacher) asked me to complete my homework before going home today. Or else, I will be punish tomorrow at morning assembly” Jungmin explained. Both Hyunseong and Donghyun nodded. “We’re about going to the arcade. Join us if you settled it before 5.”

 

“Oh yeah I will, if I come back early. Don’t wait for me because the possibly of me not going is high” Jungmin laughs. Hyunseong patted him, We know. We won’t wait for you. We’re gonna enjoy ourselves right, Donghyun hyung?”

 

“Yeah of course! How about loser treating to foods?” suggest Donghyun. He hugged Jungmin’s shoulders and continued, “Jungmin will be treated too! So that person has to pay food for three!” Hyunseong grinned “DEAL! Jungmin ah, you’re so lucky.”

“HAHA” Jungmin laughs loudly. “Whatever hyungdeul. I gotta go now! I’m waiting for the time to treat! Anything would be okay, right?” Jungmin want to make sure before he leave. “Yeah, anything. You should be going. Bye bye!” They wave.

 

Jungmin run to school to catch you. But, his conversation is too long. You’re already in the meeting. He just wait at the school canteen while eating some foods.

 

“Jungmin oppa… What are you doing here alone?” Mijin greeted Jungmin. Yang Mijin is well-known as the queenka in Shinil High School. All students started to stare both kingka and queenka of Shinil. This scene is what they call ‘When queenka meets kingka’.

 

Jungmin not really feel comfortable when he met with Mijin. Even though they owned the same title, he dislikes Mijin. He doesn’t know why at first, but now he found that Mijin is kinda annoying for him.