Chapter 10

To Be Free

 

Jungmin wakes up in the morning. It’s 4am, and if he could come home at this time, he has time to prepare for school and waking up his sister. He snipping outside the hotel, and no gang can be seen. He sighed, “I should go home now. Maybe Minjung will not realize I didn’t come home for yesterday.” Jungmin took the time to fixes his hair and face before going out.

 

Jungmin stares Jiyeon that is still on her bed, sleeping like a princess with his beautiful face. “I’m going now, just wake up on your own okay princess” Jungmin whispered and left the room. Jungmin rushing to you both house. He sneaked in and pretends to sleep. He sets his alarm at 6.30, the usual time he would wake up.

 

“What time did you came home yesterday?” you asked with your eyes closed as he wakes you up. “You’re already sleeping at that time. Wae?” “You know that I’m really hungry and have to order McDonald at night? Eating fast food at night!” Jungmin just nodded, “ara ara, I’m sorry. Now go and bath, you’re stinks” He pinches his nose. “Ngeh don’t you worried that your nose needs to be surgery again if you do that?” You and run to bathroom.

 

“Yah! My nose is 100% God creation!” Jungmin pinched his nose relentless times to show he never went under nose jobs.

 

“What should we have as our breakfast, princess?” “Baked potatoes will do..”  Jungmin stares you. One of your eyebrows raises “what?  Want me to say fried chicken?” Jungmin shook his head “no! no! no! Are you crazy to cook fried chicken now?! There’s no time, baby”

 

Jungmin cooked your all times favorite breakfast – baked potatoes. Both of you eat silently and get ready to school. “I’m going first!” you announced and start walking to school. Jungmin might in front of you when you’re going back from school. But when both of you’re going to school in the morning, Jungmin walks behind you.

 

A rare scene sighted at your school today. Bunch of groups of pupils whispering, gossiping something. “Jinjja…. What happen?” you’re wondering to yourself. When you enter the school’s building, crowds surround the LCD that displays some news. Ah, Jaejin is there. “Jinnie ya! Jinnie ya!” you call him. “Oh, Minjung!!” Jaejin waved and comes to you.

 

“What’s this chaos all about?” you asked. Jaejin turned around, checking whether someone’s is eavesdropping. “Kingka, Lee Jungmin sunbaenim..” your eyes widened before Jaejin could finish his sentence. “He stays in a cheap hotel all these while. I mean, he lives there. They said that, not me” “That couldn’t be true! He’s not staying in cheap hotel!” You pushed Jaejin aside to watch the news with your own eyes. “They have the evidence” Jaejin informed you.

 

“Oh my gosh! Isn’t that Prince Jungmin?”

 

“He is staying in that hotel? Well, that’s not cool for a Kingka”

 

“LOL The Kingka is not that great. He is even worst that all ordinary students”

 

“I still don’t believe that is Jungmin oppa”

 

“He must have a good reason behind this”

 

You can hear some criticism and supportive comments from all the students. “This is just not right.. seriously” You talk to yourself. “Jungmin oppa is peacefully living with me. With eomma.. not in that cheap hotel” You’re mumbling all alone.

 

“LIKE SERIOUSLY MR. LEE JUNGMIN? CHEAP HOTEL?!” discipline teacher, Mr. Kwak Junsu’s voice can be heard. You’re searching for that voice as you heard your brother’s name mentioned. Mr. Kwak is being angry to Jungmin, while Jungmin’s always looking down. Students already gathered around. You push the students, so that you can see the scene clearly.

 

“I don’t live there.” Jungmin answered.  “So how you can prove that the man in the picture is not you?” asked Mr. Kwak. “Oppa eotteokkhae?” you mumbling slowly so that no one can hear you. Jungmin raise his head a little and look at you. “Shh don’t worry” he also mumbling slowly.

 

“If he lives there, doesn’t it mean that the whole family is there too?”

That sentence you heard reminds you of something. But still you can’t really remember. You can’t do anything besides staring your brother’s face with sympathy.