Chapter 11 ~ I saw you and my heart stop ~

The Greatest love story of all time (Hana Yori Dango- F4- Taiwan Version)

Chapter 11

~ I saw you and my heart stop ~

Sancai, had purposely chosen a spot near the back of the wide marble trunk where many people are busy socializing, minding their own business and social affairs, but Sancai choose that place where she can’t be seen in order to study Lei without being obvious.

It was remarkable how he have changed. The six long years since they'd seen one another had enhanced his manly appeal. Physically, he was more handsome than ever, he was good looking and its obvious many females in the opera are looking intently at him. Lei had been handsome and held the promise of being a magnetic, perfect man.

Sancai was approached by two old couples and for a moment she left her eyes on Lei.

Lei was left in the table and wanted to leave as soon as possible. He was very impatient to leave, As soon as he stood in his chair, for the second time tonight – he froze.

She saw the woman, who seemed to be smiling at her, the smile who made his heart lurch, he tried to rub his eyes, and wear a faint smile. For a moment, he thought he saw the smile sancai gave him when he was playing the violin several years ago. That smile that has haunted him for years, recalling the days he is desperately longing for Jing and then he saw Sancai smiling at her and admiringly watching him playing violin. if only he had returned her smile, maybe things would be different; maybe he is with Sancai now. Lei thought bitterly.

Unconsciously, Lei went back to sit at his chair and took another swallow of his wine and marveled the one girl and now a woman in the crowd. Almost all ladies available in the party are extremely attractive, glamorous, sophisticated, and extremely rich but none of them had capture his eyes but only to this particular woman. Lei didn’t realized the amusement flicker in his eyes when she sees Sancai smiling naturally to every passing irritable persistent old couples who for others talking to them seemed difficult to handle. But Sancai is so patient to anyone.

Out of impulsive feeling, he wanted to reach out to her, talk with her and taking her hand while assisting her talking to these seemed old people who are taking much of her time. He realized there is really no point of avoiding her; he must come to his own terms of bridging the gap that has been there since he left in Japan.

Lei realized bitterly, that a while ago Sancai wasn’t happy seeing her and he understood it. Maybe because he didn’t even tried to communicate to her even once from several years since he left Taiwan.

He is not expecting Sancai to communicate with her either, although she has sent her one letter, a brief and concise “What happened to you?” It’s a simple statement that had oddly made him very touched. Although he had made an instructions not to make personal calls or don’t accept personal letter from Taiwan, he in his heart half expecting Sancai to call her. But she didn’t. Thinking again of those hurtful expectations, he drew back and changed his mind not to approach Sancai ever.

Lei realized long ago, he had to move on. And this is exactly what he is doing. With Single minded determination, he had made another impossible plan. He had a huge empire to take care with. Dating with several women will help solved his misery, and to accumulate his wealth means he have to be on top of every businesses in Taiwan. Dao Ming Feng Corporation, Business empire owned by his former best friend - Dao Ming Si is still the leading profitable company in the country and Lei is determined to replace their current lists.

Lei left the party and invite Jing to stay with him tonight.

Panic gripped her. She isn’t going to let everything happen again. Falling in love with Lei and left her heartbroken because of Jing. She must not fall in love with him all over again. Sancai reminded herself the awful, agonizing years inflicted to her when Lei left and all those unanswered calls, letters had been extremely painful to her.

But when she thought of the awful truth, she is in fact drawn closer to Lei. Especially when she learned that the ticket used by Dao Ming Si to see her in Barcelona came from Lei! For the last time, Lei wanted her to be happy. And she realized the pain that Lei had to endure giving the ticket to Dao Ming Si which should have been used by him instead.

And now she was trying to chase him, Lei left. And he didn’t want to see her. Oh, lei must have hated her damn much.

Sancai, smile sadly. How she long to have Lei again by her side. And he was so available to her before if only she can turn back the time. Looking at Lei now, he had changed. He is no longer the Lei he used to know. A while ago, he felt he was talking with a stranger as only several years ago she felt his lips to hers.

Then he saw Lei and saw the warmth in his eyes when she smiled at him. Sancai is expecting him to approach her; she was looking expectantly at him.

“I heard all about you Ms. Dong Sancai” her thoughts were interrupted by these old couple.

“What about did you heard of me, sir and mam?” Sancai asked politely.

“That you are engage with Master Dao Ming Si and her mother oppose, am I right?” The old lady added. “But to tell you frankly, I don’t like his mother – very much. And I share the same feeling with you my dear”.

Sancai almost burst into laughter and touched at the same time. It was the odd statement she wanted to hear to overcome her unending struggle with Dao Ming Si’s mother.

After the couple left. Sancai went to see Lei and he’s gone. He is not anymore in his table. “where is he?” she thought. She looked everywhere and hoping he'd already stood up and approach her. She kept looking and looking and she saw Jing instead - with Lei leaving the party together holding each other hands.