Embracing Freedom

Redemption's Embrace
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

With Gaeun's transfer to another company, the office atmosphere gradually regained its sense of normalcy. The wounds left by her manipulation began to heal, and Youra found herself feeling a renewed sense of strength and purpose in her daily life.

However, the shadows of the past seemed to persist, this time in the form of Haneul's unwelcome presence. His visits to Youra's office became a haunting reminder of the pain he had inflicted. His gaze held a twisted mix of desire and control, his intentions anything but innocent.

The rain start to pour in the sky, as the office bustled with activity, Baekhyun approached Youra's desk. He looked out the window and noticed the rain pouring down. "It's really coming down out there."

Youra smiled softly, nodding in agreement. "Yeah, it's quite a heavy rain."

As the workday drew to a close, Baekhyun stood up from his desk. He turned to Youra with a determined expression. "Hey, I know this might sound weird, but would you like my jacket? It's pouring outside, and I don't want you to catch a cold."

Youra's heart skipped a beat at the unexpected offer. She was taken aback by Baekhyun's thoughtfulness, his concern for her well-being. "Oh, you don't have to do that, Baekhyun. I'll be fine."

Baekhyun shrugged off his jacket with a reassuring smile. "Come on, it's no trouble. I insist."

Reluctantly, Youra accepted the jacket, feeling a mix of gratitude and warmth. She slipped it on, feeling the comfort of his presence wrap around her.

As she stepped outside into the pouring rain, the jacket shielded her from the downpour. She couldn't help but steal a glance at Baekhyun, who was walking beside her without a care for the rain soaking his clothes.

Jiyeon, who had been waiting near the entrance, caught a glimpse of the scene. A knot tightened in her stomach as she observed Baekhyun's care for Youra, his focused attention on her. Jiyeon knew her best friend well – the subtle glances, the lingering touches – and the realization that Baekhyun's feelings had shifted left her conflicted.

 

Baekhyun's gestures spoke volumes, and Jiyeon was torn between acknowledging the truth and pretending not to notice. Her heart ached with the weight of what she was witnessing – Baekhyun's growing affection for Youra was undeniable.

The rain outside mirrored Jiyeon's emotions – a mix of turmoil and confusion. She had to confront the reality – the dynamic between the three of them had changed. She knew that she needed to address the feelings that were growing between Baekhyun and Youra, even if it meant facing her own vulnerability and fears.

As Baekhyun and Youra walked away, Jiyeon took a deep breath, pushing aside her emotions for the moment. She was determined to navigate this complex situation with grace and understanding, to support her best friend w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter