Resilience in the Cold

Redemption's Embrace
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim Youra's heart had discovered an unyielding wellspring of strength in the form of Baekhyun. His unwavering support had proven to be a lifeline through the tempest that had engulfed her life. Amidst the looming shadows of her past and the relentless bullying from Gaeun, Baekhyun's friendship had evolved into a guiding light, a constant reminder that she was not alone in her struggles.

As days turned into months and the seasons shifted, Youra began to find fleeting moments of genuine happiness. The once-gray skies of her life had started to part, unveiling patches of cerulean and streaks of sunlight that gently warmed her heart. Baekhyun's laughter, his stories, and the uncomplicated joy of his companionship wove a tapestry of belonging that she had sorely missed.

One bitterly cold day, as winter's icy grip took hold, Youra received a unique work assignment. She was tasked with cataloguing items in a frigid warehouse. The mission demanded meticulous attention to detail, but the environment's sterile chill was far more bone-penetrating than she had anticipated.

Wrapped tightly in her scarf, her breath crystallizing in the icy air, Youra stepped into the cavernous warehouse. Every breath felt like inhaling shards of ice, and her fingers quickly became numb as she diligently recorded each item on her list. It was an exercise in persistence against the relentless cold.

Yet, as hours stretched on, a disturbing realization gripped Youra's heart. The door that had granted her entry was now sealed shut, locked from the outside. Panic surged within her as she recognized her entrapment.

Fear tightened its grip around her chest as she pounded on the door, her desperate cries reverberating through the frigid air. Her breath came in shallow gasps, and a shiver ran down her spine that had nothing to do with the cold. For a brief, heart-stopping moment, the memories of her past trauma resurfaced, threatening to engulf her.

Desperation clawed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter