Hidden Fears

Redemption's Embrace
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiyeon sat alone in the hospital waiting area, her mind a whirlwind of conflicting emotions. She watched as Baekhyun remained by Youra's bedside, his eyes fixed on her unconscious form as if willing her to wake up. The weight of the unspoken truth about Haneul's involvement in the accident hung heavily over them.

With every passing moment, Jiyeon's desire to confront Baekhyun about their relationship intensified. She wanted answers, needed reassurance, but the sight of Baekhyun's silent vigil over Youra gave her pause. The room was charged with tension and uncertainty, making Jiyeon hesitant to bring up their own relationship troubles.

She knew that Youra's condition was precarious, and the thought of burdening Baekhyun with her doubts felt selfish. Her fingers toyed with her phone, contemplating whether to reach out to him or let him be.

As Jiyeon debated, a familiar voice broke through her thoughts. It was Haneul, his face pale and worn, standing at a distance. He approached Jiyeon hesitantly, his gaze apologetic.

"Jiyeon, there's something I need to tell you," Haneul began, his voice barely above a whisper. "I've confessed to the police about the accident. I... I'm going to face the consequences."

Jiyeon's eyes widened in shock, a mix of emotions coursing through her. The truth about the accident had come to light, and Haneul was willingly accepting the repercussions of his actions.

"Why would you do that?" Jiyeon's voice tre

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter