Prologue

Redemption's Embrace
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tears streamed down on Kim Youra's face, blurring her vision as she shook the boy's slumbering form, desperately hoping he would awaken to the turmoil that had engulfed her. Her heart felt like it was shattering into a thousand pieces, the pain of betrayal cutting through her like a knife. She had never expected such callousness, such heartlessness from someone she had grown to trust.

"Please, Park Haneul, wake up," her voice wavered, a plea born from a place of deep hurt. But as his eyes slowly opened, a mix of annoyance and indifference clouded his gaze, extinguishing the flicker of hope that had momentarily ignited within her.

An anguished breath escaped Youra's lips as she struggled to maintain her composure. Her hands trembled; her fingers clenched into fists as the waves of betrayal crashed over her. How could he be so apathetic when he had played a part in causing her so much pain?

"Seriously, Haneul? Can you even comprehend what you've done?" Her voice quivered with a mix of anger and heartbreak, the tears flowing freely down her cheeks. "You've shattered everything we had."

Haneul's response was a muttered complaint, a glimpse of irritation flashing in his eyes. "Can't a guy get some rest? What's your problem?"

The combination of his indifference and her raw pain was a toxic mix, fueling t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter