Final Verdict

YOU ARE MY DESTINY
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

🙏 Its my humble request Please don't compare the section number or final judgement with the realilty, as it is just a fanfiction and I am not a law graduate who is aware of how the legal proceeding takes place. Thank you. 🙏

 

The bond between cadets is a powerful one, and it is often stronger than the bonds between family members.

After the interval, everyone returned to the courtroom.

“Attorney Song, you can call your second witness.”

“My Lord, may I request Commander Ryu Shi-oh to come in the witness box? ”Attorney Song pleaded.

Commander Ryu Shi-oh. Move over to the witness box.

"Commander, according to what you said, Lt. Kwon removed weapons and explosives from the inventory."

"Yes, sir, it is clearly written in the logbook. He had taken rifle grenades, hand grenades, smoke grenades, submachine guns, Heckler & Koch MP5s, and sniper rifles, but it has not been approved by the captain.”

"That's all My Lord..... Commander you can return to your place."

“Attorney Jung, your witness.” 

"Commander, Lt. Kwon took the guns and explosives out of the stock in accordance with your testimony and the proof. It was unquestionably for the emergency mission that the Rear Admiral had approved for them."
"Sir, he needs to get the captain's approval before taking them out of stock."

“Do you intend to say that Lt. Kwon broke the lockers of the stock to remove them?”

"Objection, My Lord.”

“Sustained.” 

"Commander, do you want to say he broke the lock of the stock room or did he hold the guard at gunpoint to remove the stock? As per the rules, he had already updated the details in the logbook. Answer me, commander.”

"He failed to obtain the captain's approval."

"My Lord, the squad has already been given the command to launch an emergency attack in this scenario where the captain is not present. How ought the cadets to respond? Shall they finish the assignment or wait for the captain? Commander Kim, who was in charge of the ship while the captain was away, had already given him the go-ahead. Am I correct, Commander?”

"Indeed, sir. He had accepted Commander Kim's  approval.” Commander Ryu Shi-oh agreed.

“That’s all my honour. Lt. Kwon did not break any chains.”

“Thank you, commander; you can go.”

“My Lord, "May I call my next witness, please, Lt. Min Joon Gook??”

"Lt. Min Joon Gook, why didn't you join the group when Lt. Kwon and other cadets left the ship? You were present on board."

“Sir, Because Lt. Kwon is in a relationship with Sandara Park, the daughter of Admiral Park, he believes he has the power to dictate to others. To gain favour with him, several followed him as he organised the operation. He only accepted cadets who adhered to his guidance and instructions. It was unofficial, but if it were an official order, we would definitely join the team."

"I simply don't see why anyone would follow Lt. Kwon and jeopardise their career when he is merely a trainee." Attorney Jung questions the Judge and Jury members.

"My Lord, there are a lot of unanswered questions."

"How did Lt. Kwon get the news of the kidnapping?"

“How could he have known the precise location of the ship?"

"Why would Admiral Park oppose the rescue mission he himself would have approved of if he had an affair with Admiral Park's daughter?"

"Why did other cadets take a chance on their official duties and join the mission?"

“Defence attorney, if you have any witnesses, you can summon them in the morning.” Judge ordered. “We'll adjourn for the day.” 

***

I called Dr. Han to inform her about todays hearing; she was overjoyed. She told me that Dr. Kwon would arrive in Jinhae by nightfall and that he had already made reservations at the same hotel. It calmed me down to know that Ji would have family support.

We all shared supper together. Dad introduced Donghae and Attorney Jung to Dr. Kwon. Proud of his son, Dr. Kwon gave me the assurance that whatever Ji had done was correct and that I wasn't accountable for it. After dinner, I excused myself and left the gentlemen with their drinks, heading to my room.

“You're going to save my son, aren't you?” Dr. Kwon asked Attorney Jung

“We'll do our best.” Attorney answered.

I could see the moon through my window. I have a habit of chatting with the moon whenever I have some free time. I know Ji is acting the same way. The moon serves as a mediator between us whenever we are apart. Right now, I wish the moon was as clear as glass so I could see Ji.

 

***


The proceedings for today began.
Attorney Jung started cross-exa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter