Anniversary Party 🥂

YOU ARE MY DESTINY
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You usually have to wait for that which is worth waiting for.” – Craig Bruce

Kwon's Hospital

Sandara's POV

I was energized in the morning, wondering what new surprise was in store for me. But until this afternoon, nothing showed in.. Whenever there was a call from Eun-bi, I wished it was for me, letting me know that something had been delivered in my name. I unknowingly felt gloomy. One of the nurses, Tiffany, asked me if I had a fight with my boyfriend as I was passing through the hospital hallway. All the nurses are waiting to see what type of surprise he sent today. I just smiled and walked by.

Even my girl group wasn't far behind in making fun of me. What happened did the love lasted just for a day. Bom made a remark. He must be busy, Sera reassured me. Cheerup..

I was in OPD. When Eun-bi called to let me know that there was a bouquet delivery for me. After attending to the patient, I went to check today's bouquet. It was of pink lilies as I was reading the card. "It’s hard when you miss someone. But you know if you miss someone, that means you’re lucky. It means you have someone special in your life, someone worth missing.❤"

Dr. Kim pulled the card from my hand and grinned. "I think I need to take some lessons from your boyfriend; he knows how to woo a lady. Do you know the meaning of Pink lilies?"

"No," I replied.

"Pink lilies represent love, admiration, and compassion. They are often given as gifts to express affection and warm feelings toward a loved one."

I took the bouquet and returned to my department.

"Now this hospital is turning into a florist shop; Sandara, your guy is setting an bad example", said Lee Soo Hyuk one of the intern. "Girls will now anticipate such surprises from us."

***

After having coffee with my friends, I was making my way towards the labor room when Mrs. Lee, senior nurse in the hospital, stopped me in the hallway and told me to look for the patient right away in the Emergency ward because Dr. Choi was preoccupied with other patients. I sprinted for the emergency department, but Mrs. Lee told me that there were no beds in ER, so the patient had been transferred to another room. She then guided me toward a different ward. Since similar things routinely happen, I had no reason to suspect anything.

When I walked into the room, he was standing next to the bed. I'm amazed. How can I say no to this guy? He appeared to be more intriguing. Although he appears to have lost some weight and tanned, he has few cuts and buries but he is in good shape. I wish I could rush over and hug him. But I didn't panic. I made an effort to hide how happy I was to see him after a long time. .

"What’s your complaint, Mr.? Let me check your vitals."

"I visited the hospital to get checked up. Dr. Park, Really?" He questioned. 

"I miss you deeply, unfathomably, senselessly, and terribly. You are not at all shocked to see me?" He eagerly asked me. 

"I knew you'd be in front of me one day or other when I received your flowers." 

"Oh, really, so what’s your reply?"

"Reply to what?"

"Reply to what? You don't recall what I asked, then?"

"No, I don’t remember anything."

"Okay, I will ask you again: Will you be my girlfriend?"

"No, I can’t."

Someone knocked on the door. "Don't test my patience by continuing to play Sandara. I'll be back tomorrow to get your response."

"I can't meet you because I have a busy day tomorrow."

"Just keep your reply ready, Sweety. I'll be there to hear from you favorably."

Jiyong hastily exits the room after hearing a knock on the door. Who might be helping him?

Mrs. Lee said that she saw me in the hallway and asked for help as the patient was in pain when I questioned her about knowing the patient.

***

It's 4.30 p.m. Many of the staff have already left the hospital to prepare for the party. We will depart by 6.30 p.m. to prepare since we are staying in hospital rooms, and then leave for Dr. Kwon's home by 7.30 p.m.

I decided to wear a blue sequin sleeveless gown with long diamond string earrings. On the way to my room from hospital, I saw a payphone, and I finally decided to make a call. I can’t hide it anymore.

"Dad." I was speechless. 

"What happened, dear? Dara, speak up, what happened?" I broke down in tears.

"Dad, it's very painful. I can’t bear it."

"So Lt. Kwon found you?"

"Dad, how did you know?"

"I'm your father."

"Tell me now what's the issue?"

"I like him, Dad."

"Have you told him?"

"I wanted to, but I couldn't say anything to him."

"Dad, come and take me away from here. I don’t want to face him."

"Ok, I will come early in the morning. Till then, take care. Don’t worry, everything will be fine."

***

I went to my room. Bom was almost ready. She got worried when she noticed that I was crying.

"Sandy, what happened? Are you alright?"

"Nothing, Bommie, just missing my family."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter