Internship 👩‍⚕️

YOU ARE MY DESTINY
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Separation makes the heart grow fonder.

 

FLASHBACK : (Year 1991)

Dara's POV

University

I've been battling with myself for the past 18 months. I can’t have an affair with Jiyong. It’s forbidden; I wanted him to be the guy next door, a K-pop star, an athlete—anything would do, but not a navy officer. This affair is not good for his career. But what can be done right now? He has already won my heart. Should I get the details of his return from Uncle Kim? I will go and hide somewhere, so he will not be able to find me. What if he is considering the same thing and decides not to look for me? I'm in such a mental state that I can't even express my emotions to anyone. Even if they give me advice, I won't take it. Only Durami is aware of my situation. She supports us, but she is too young to understand the consequences of our forbidden love. The kiss we shared keeps lingering in my mind. It was just a peck, but he has left his mark. How will it feel to kiss without restrictions? What ought he to be doing right now? Did he have his meal on time? He is healthy. Does he still remember me? Is he missing me? My mind is constantly racing with questions. Did he tell anyone about me? Will they back him up? Previously, I had planned to join the Navy after getting my medical degree. Now I need to reconsider. If we are together, it will be difficult for us. But can we be together? Should I just go with the flow and leave it to our fate?

Bom was concerned with what was happening to me. I always got lost in my own thoughts. She spends less time with us these days because she's so busy dating. Thank god. Krystal came and informed us that the list was posted on the notice board. I was spared from Bom's interrogation. We all rush to check our names.

The days of skipping lectures to study for exams and pulling all-nighters in freezing study halls have come to an end.

Applications were sent directly by our university to different hospitals. I wish I could get a hospital in Busan so that I don’t have to move far away from my family. I miss them a lot.

I got the place in Kwon’s Hospital along with Bom, Top, and Sera. Kwon's hospital was my second choice. My first choice was St. Mary's Hospital in Busan. I am aware that Kwon's Hospital has more modern technologies on hand than Busan Hospital.

We also get accommodation in the Hospital quarters. Now we need to move from the university dorm to the hospital quarter. We have to start our internship next week.

For one week, we are free to visit our family. I am so happy I have not gone home for the last three months. Later, I'll call them and let them know I'm returning home.

***

Home

After so many days, everyone is pleased to have me back home. I arrived earlier than anticipated because I took the early train.

Mom told me that Donghae had called yesterday and that he was also coming to meet me. We haven't seen each other in five months because we were both busy with our exams; he was preparing for his bar exam and couldn’t match our schedule.

Durami and Thunder have gone to school.

Last time I visited home, Dad indirectly asked me if I had any boyfriends. First, I was afraid that he might have heard something about us, but we haven't done anything, so I assured him. I was single and not yet ready to mingle with anyone. He further asked me what types of guys I was interested in. I told him that I was certainly looking for someone who was brave and handsome, just like him. My mom told me to rethink; she wants me to look for someone who will be able to spend more time with me rather than devote himself to his country. I honestly have no idea what they'll say. Mom will undoubtedly be upset because he is from the Navy. Will dad be delighted that he is from the Navy or outraged that he is breaching the regulations? But most importantly, will we be together? I miss him so much. Why did I act so cool and say that to Jiyong?

Mom and I spend quality time together, talking about various topics. She started preparing some snacks for me to carry with me. Every time I come home or if someone visits me, she sends parcels of some delicious cookies and pastries for me and my friends.

***

Durami and Thunder were very happy to see me. It was a surprise for them. Dad came home in the evening. I told them about my internship at Kwon’s Hospital. And he was shocked.

"Who made the hospital’s choice? Do you know

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter